Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The RH Factor and 30 guests

SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 am

See title :cool: :question:


He was online when I posted :embarrassed:
Last edited by Mr. Eko on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gona get the Tenn. job??

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:32 am

I've read he has sources, just not enough.

How can Gruden turn down the Phil. Eagles?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 am

Bleacher Report gave odds on who gets the Auburn job. Jimbo was 8 to 1

Charlie Strong was 4 to 1
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 am

Link? Is it bet - able ?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 am

NVGator wrote:I've read he has sources, just not enough.

How can Gruden turn down the Phil. Eagles?



Gruden is really good at what he does now. He really looks like he has a lot of fun. I hope he doesn't take it because I really enjoy his broadcasting!
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 am

NVGator wrote:Link? Is it bet - able ?



Main Bleacher College football page.
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 am

Mr. Eko wrote:
NVGator wrote:Link? Is it bet - able ?



Main Bleacher College football page.


Ok, I read your bleacher report page and it was meh. Plus, there wasn't a +/- line one said change. :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9905
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby ncargat1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 am

Mr. Eko wrote:[ Gruden is really good at what he does now.


Yes, but, he was extremely mediocre as a head coach. It is just that kind of mediocrity that the Vols shoot for in a head coach!! They should have already signed him to whatever he demanded. They could punch their ticket to 7-5 and 4th place in the SEC East every season with that genius in place.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
User avatar
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby SavannahGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 am

Mr. Eko wrote:Bleacher Report gave odds on who gets the Auburn job. Jimbo was 8 to 1

Charlie Strong was 4 to 1


I wouldn't take those odds on Jimbo. Yesterday he said he's staying at Half-Ass-U, but maybe you can take that with a grain of salt, too.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
User avatar
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

Gruden will coach Philly
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Deuce Coupe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 am

Image
You can't spell SUCK without Image
User avatar
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1782
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am

Image
User avatar
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:21 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby SecVolfan13 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:See title :cool: :question:


He was online when I posted :embarrassed:




The Gruden mania is ongoing in Knoxville and I guess he is still a slim possiblity. I have not jumped on board because none of the people I'm talking to think it's very likely.

I've heard that Hart and his gang are in Florida today and tomorrow. Likely having face to face discussions with Golden and Fisher. To what extent or what comes from it I don't know. I would think at this phase the interest has at least been confirmed.

I did learn that one or maybe two big time Tenn boosters are in favor of Butch Davis. This is surprising to me but something to throw out there.

More of my own opinion but Art Briles and Larry Fedora will be in the mix before it's over.

I heard that Auburn is gonna make a move for Malzahn. The looming penalties could be a huge hurdle for them though.

Also heard (more of a rumor) that Vandy's Franklin was in talks with NC State.

All I got for now.
SecVolfan13
True Gator
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm

SecVolfan13 wrote:
Mr. Eko wrote:See title :cool: :question:


He was online when I posted :embarrassed:




The Gruden mania is ongoing in Knoxville and I guess he is still a slim possiblity. I have not jumped on board because none of the people I'm talking to think it's very likely.

I've heard that Hart and his gang are in Florida today and tomorrow. Likely having face to face discussions with Golden and Fisher. To what extent or what comes from it I don't know. I would think at this phase the interest has at least been confirmed.



I did learn that one or maybe two big time Tenn boosters are in favor of Butch Davis. This is surprising to me but something to throw out there.

More of my own opinion but Art Briles and Larry Fedora will be in the mix before it's over.

I heard that Auburn is gonna make a move for Malzahn. The looming penalties could be a huge hurdle for them though.

Also heard (more of a rumor) that Vandy's Franklin was in talks with NC State.

All I got for now.


Good luck in the coaching search. The SEC is a stronger and more rabid conference when Tennessee is good. So I welcome a stronger team at Tennessee because it makes us look better when we beat you. It makes the Florida-Tennessee rivalry more intense, and, it is just a good thing. Welcome the challenge.

Having said that, I don't think Gruden is going to come to UT. If that was going to happen, it would have already been announced by now. UT would have liked to have made a quick hire and announcement that they landed a big fish, but it's no cigar. Gruden has the name, the sex appeal, and all that jazz, but I don't know if he is a good fit for the long haul at UT. He is a prima donna if you ask me. You would stay away from him if you know what is good for you. His bark his bigger than his bite.

Now you ask Charley Strong, Jimbo Fisher, Larry Fedora, Kevin Sumlin and guys like that and say they turn you down. It doesn't take you very long before you are down to the level of Al Golden, and what makes you think he is any better than Sir Derek Dooley. O.K., O.K., he may be better than Dooley, but not a lot. Al Golden is certainly not going to take you to the Promised Land of the SEC Championship.

Your Athletic Director said he doesn't want to go after a coordinator or a coach with potential at a second tier school so that cuts out a lot of candidates right there. Now I know UT is not going to hire Bobby Petrino. I know that. SEC schools are not going to touch that guy with a ten foot pole What I am saying is that it is going to be tempting, if you can't land someone, to know that a Bobby Petrino, a guy who can take you to the Promised Land, is sitting out there, and he would take the job in a minute. You know what the old song says --"the girls all look prettier at closing time."

And heck yeah, I know you are not going to hire Petrino.
User avatar
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Image
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm
Location: Shelby, NC

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Gulfstream » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:
SecVolfan13 wrote:
Mr. Eko wrote:See title :cool: :question:


He was online when I posted :embarrassed:




The Gruden mania is ongoing in Knoxville and I guess he is still a slim possiblity. I have not jumped on board because none of the people I'm talking to think it's very likely.

I've heard that Hart and his gang are in Florida today and tomorrow. Likely having face to face discussions with Golden and Fisher. To what extent or what comes from it I don't know. I would think at this phase the interest has at least been confirmed.



I did learn that one or maybe two big time Tenn boosters are in favor of Butch Davis. This is surprising to me but something to throw out there.

More of my own opinion but Art Briles and Larry Fedora will be in the mix before it's over.

I heard that Auburn is gonna make a move for Malzahn. The looming penalties could be a huge hurdle for them though.

Also heard (more of a rumor) that Vandy's Franklin was in talks with NC State.

All I got for now.


Good luck in the coaching search. The SEC is a stronger and more rabid conference when Tennessee is good. So I welcome a stronger team at Tennessee because it makes us look better when we beat you. It makes the Florida-Tennessee rivalry more intense, and, it is just a good thing. Welcome the challenge.

Having said that, I don't think Gruden is going to come to UT. If that was going to happen, it would have already been announced by now. UT would have liked to have made a quick hire and announcement that they landed a big fish, but it's no cigar. Gruden has the name, the sex appeal, and all that jazz, but I don't know if he is a good fit for the long haul at UT. He is a prima donna if you ask me. You would stay away from him if you know what is good for you. His bark his bigger than his bite.

Now you ask Charley Strong, Jimbo Fisher, Larry Fedora, Kevin Sumlin and guys like that and say they turn you down. It doesn't take you very long before you are down to the level of Al Golden, and what makes you think he is any better than Sir Derek Dooley. O.K., O.K., he may be better than Dooley, but not a lot. Al Golden is certainly not going to take you to the Promised Land of the SEC Championship.

Your Athletic Director said he doesn't want to go after a coordinator or a coach with potential at a second tier school so that cuts out a lot of candidates right there. Now I know UT is not going to hire Bobby Petrino. I know that. SEC schools are not going to touch that guy with a ten foot pole What I am saying is that it is going to be tempting, if you can't land someone, to know that a Bobby Petrino, a guy who can take you to the Promised Land, is sitting out there, and he would take the job in a minute. You know what the old song says --"the girls all look prettier at closing time."

And heck yeah, I know you are not going to hire Petrino.


Great post Joe !
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
User avatar
Gulfstream
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Location: Vietnam

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby NoGaGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Agree with most of what you said Joe.

However I think Golden is better than most of us give him credit. He really inherited a cesspool at Da U and he's done a pretty good job for the circumstances. I'm sure he's incented to clear out of there and UT could be a pretty good fit.
User avatar
NoGaGator
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby law98gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:Now you ask Charley Strong, Jimbo Fisher, Larry Fedora, Kevin Sumlin and guys like that and say they turn you down.

Kevin Sumlin? Why in God's name would Kevin Sumlin take a demotion?

I'm not even sure Strong would take the demotion.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16920
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote::pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Image



At least in his first year Dazz did a good job at Temple. I don't know about this year. It was between Dazz and Spazz ( :lol: ) for the Boston College job. He might do pretty good there....as long as doesn't call the plays!! :idea:
Mr. Eko
True Gator
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: SEC Volfan13, who is gonna get the Tenn. job??

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Here is one thing I can't get past. They have issues and dodge bullets with the NCAA with Kiffy and still somewhat dealing with that. Now they have Butch Davis on the radar after he is run out of Chapel Hill. Then to hear many of them say that Petrino is not in the running. I've said all along that there is more wrong with UT than its Football team, it's the entire Athletic Dept. Not sure after getting rid of Hamilton that the Clown Hart will fix anything. No wonder UT is in such dissarray.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
User avatar
TN G8tr
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron