Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Gator vs. Ducks

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Gator vs. Ducks

Postby ccsdk » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Could you imagine the attention if the Gators were able to play the Oregon Ducks? Wow ... it would probably have higher ratings then the National Championship. I hope it works out that way.
GG
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Re: Gator vs. Ducks

Postby NVGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Won't happen. Sorry bro.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am

Notre Dame/Bama might pull in some record numbers for a college football game if it goes down that way. UF/Oregon wouldn't even sniff the ratings of a ND/Bama BCSCG.

Either way, highly doubt we end up in the desert. Fiesta Bowl won't go for it because they know UF fans won't travel out there in the same numbers that Duck fans would.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby BoomTown » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 am

That was my first thought. I traveled to the 95/96 Fiesta Bowl for the Gators first shot at a MNC and we were still outnumbered by Neb fans about 20:1. For an Oregon game, we'd be lucky to have 2000 in the stands.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Coach9 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:20 am

Definitely the game I would like to see.
Coach9
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:25 am

BoomTown wrote:That was my first thought. I traveled to the 95/96 Fiesta Bowl for the Gators first shot at a MNC and we were still outnumbered by Neb fans about 20:1. For an Oregon game, we'd be lucky to have 2000 in the stands.

Wrong. Although this year wouldn't have us vs. the ducks, we would certainly travel far better than 96 Fiesta.

BTW, I was there with ya. Same goes for next year. :lol:
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby lagator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:49 am

I'd go. That would be one helluva match up.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:11 am

NVGator wrote:
BoomTown wrote:That was my first thought. I traveled to the 95/96 Fiesta Bowl for the Gators first shot at a MNC and we were still outnumbered by Neb fans about 20:1. For an Oregon game, we'd be lucky to have 2000 in the stands.

Wrong. Although this year wouldn't have us vs. the ducks, we would certainly travel far better than 96 Fiesta.

I hate to say it, but I think we travel worse now than we did in the 90s. A lot of our fans have gotten a bit spoiled. If there ins't an MNC on the line, many act like it's better to just stay at home. Heck, we even question what's the sense in going to a BCS Bowl. ;)

I have a hard time seeing how we'd better fill the Fiesta this year playing a "meaningless" game against an also-ran Oregon than we did when we were undefeated for the first time and our first possible MNC was on the line. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see that matchup. I just don't see us traveling for it.

As for next year, I'll pick you up on my way to Cali. :cool:
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Wait ’til next year » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

NVGator wrote:

Me three... had a great time... ticket curtsey of Hooters! :lol:
"When the people fear their government, there is TYRANNY; when the government fears the people, there is LIBERTY" -- Thomas Jefferson
Wait ’til next year
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:29 am

BoomTown wrote:
NVGator wrote:

I hate to say it, but I think we travel worse now than we did in the 90s. A lot of our fans have gotten a bit spoiled. If there ins't an MNC on the line, many act like it's better to just stay at home. Heck, we even question what's the sense in going to a BCS Bowl. ;)

I have a hard time seeing how we'd better fill the Fiesta this year playing a "meaningless" game against an also-ran Oregon than we did when we were undefeated for the first time and our first possible MNC was on the line. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see that matchup. I just don't see us traveling for it.

IDK. I think their are more and more Gators around the U.S. that would take advantage of the proximity. I believe we'd travel VERY well.

ps... I'll be waiting and ready. :cool:
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RByte » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Love to see it, but that would probably leave Kansas State playing Oklahoma which isn't going to happen.
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorSky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I was at this game too - surrounded by Neb fans - miserable game... never forget Jacquez dislocating his hip...
"What the hell are you guys doing?" "Puttin' on the foil coach"... "yeah, every game"... "want some?"
GatorSky
Senior Gator

Postby gatorspook » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:47 pm

GatorSky wrote:

I was at this game too - surrounded by Neb fans - miserable game... never forget Jacquez dislocating his hip...

Long flight home that night...back to Gainesville at like 5am, then I had to drive back home to Orlando. bad trip.
gatorspook

Postby divits888 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:58 pm

BoomTown wrote:
NVGator wrote:

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. But what I don’t get is that we have repeatedly taken over the stadium at Vanderbilt games where at least 25,000 make the trip. Why don’t we travel better to bowl games?
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:32 pm

If Georgia were to end up playing Notre Dame and beating them for the national championship, that would parallel their previous national championship.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:36 pm

The RH Factor wrote:If Georgia were to end up playing Notre Dame and beating them for the national championship, that would parallel their previous national championship.

Random.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatordad » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

huh?
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTex » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm hoping for this matchup. I understand it's not going to happen, but thinking about this Gators' D against another "vaunted" offensive attack just makes me :lol:
I really hope we don't get OU. We saw this already in '08.
GatorTex
Senior Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm

GatorTex wrote:I'm hoping for this matchup. I understand it's not going to happen, but thinking about this Gators' D against another "vaunted" offensive attack just makes me :lol:
I really hope we don't get OU. We saw this already in '08.

This is why I hope UF plays somebody different. They seem to be stuck with OSU or OU all the time now.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Alleged national title game: Notre dame v. SEC champ, Georgia or Bama;
Orange: Acc champ v. Kent state or Big East champ?;
Sugar: Gators v. Big East Champ or oklahoma?
Fiesta: Oregon v. Kansas St;
Rose: Stanford or UCLA v. Big Ten champ, Nebraska or wisconsin;

This is the paradigm we are likely looking at? Do you all agree? If Kent makes it, the sugar picks first over the orange and would more likely take the Big east champ, then kent would go to the orange, probably v. noles; If Kent doesn't make it, then big east champ to orange and Oklahoma to sugar, unless oklahoma also losses, then it is a big question mark, agree?
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum