Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 pm

To all the naysayers I ask that question as well as, Do you appreciate him or do you think this was a fluke season and he's undeserving? I am happy the players bought in before some fans like Quasi. Guys who said no matter what a HC with no previous HCing experience would fail at UF and be run out of town after several more terrible seasons. In Champ we trust!

It is incredible how Champ turned it around & developed Meyer's talented yet depleted players, brought in immediate depth in all positions (except a enough WRs), got an upgrade and possibly the best great strength and conditioning coach as well as hired a great OC that goes well with Champs plan of being vanilla and controlling and then have what seems like bursts of great offensive drives. That 1st drive of the game was just what was needed! And when you consider we missed last minute with some top WR recruits and then lost our WR coach in the spring bc he may have been involved with the Cane's bad stuff, we coached up a group of WRs to be perfect for the job that was needed to win with our defense and special teams and Reed/Burton. It's a shame Patton got hurt. He could move east to west like nobodies business and then turn it up the field with the same speed. What a season so far! And as noted we'll be primed for even better recruiting and top 3 pre season next year. Go Gators!
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby gatordad3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Q-tip is a non-believer in Muschamp.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby DCflorida » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

You can't deny 11-1 and the transformation of our team from a bunch of pansies to a bunch of tough guys who knock opposing qb's senseless at midfield.

You can't deny outmuscling Texas AM and FSU away, and overpowering LSU and SC.

Many of us said, if he can build a great defense, we'll be in EVERY game. He did exactly that. When the man gets some big-time playmakers on offense, and if we can keep continuity at the OC spot, we're going to go on an incredibly good run. I think Driskel is poised for greatness too.

GREAT HIRE!
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby BoomTown » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I always did.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Gulfstream » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

With. Out. Question. :)
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Sculpting an 11-1 team of "winners" (champions-at-heart) by 2nd year
has to be the hardest challenge coach Muschamp (or any HC) will
have to conquer. So he Will only get better.

I "ditched & moaned" over not hiring a "real" HC . I so wrong ...Foley
got "an unreal HC" and this here 'maulmouth' got joy in spite of my
spite.? It's a GOOD thing I'm SO 'STUPIDDLING'. But the extra laps &
hushups you guys gave me transfloored me in early season. In fact,
I believe my change of heart is what saved this team... that's my
'Lordy' & I'm sicken to it.

:flag:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

rogdochar wrote:Sculpting an 11-1 team of "winners" (champions-at-heart) by 2nd year
has to be the hardest challenge coach Muschamp (or any HC) will
have to conquer. So he Will only get better.

I "ditched & moaned" over not hiring a "real" HC . I so wrong ...Foley
got "an unreal HC" and this here 'maulmouth' got joy in spite of my
spite.? It's a GOOD thing I'm SO 'STUPIDDLING'. But the extra laps &
hushups you guys gave me transfloored me in early season. In fact,
I believe my change of heart is what saved this team... that's my
'Lordy' & I'm sicken to it.

:flag:

:lol: A change of heart indeed. Thanks Rog. It is rare though that a coordinator can go right to a HC spot at a top school and win right away. Stoops did it. But then Stoops started believing his own cursed theories and became useless in bowl games lol.
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Yup! Thought so from the beginning. I was glad we picked Texas' pocket.

It was easy to see he would be a winner. Top SEC coordinators almost always are.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alagator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes. And I'm pumped about the job he is doing.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
Alagator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorJdn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Good hire but I never thought otherwise.

Personally I like to take a long term approach to our team and coaching. I don't think that we should base the coaches success on one season, good or bad. I also wasn't one of those who was thinking he was a bad hire because his first year was shaky. I think a good coach can get Florida to 9 or 10 wins year in and year out (at the very least Florida should settle for nothing less). A great coach will have us competing for titles often. Muschamp has been impressive but my thoughts on him are still the same, good hire, let's support the guy and get behind the team. Let's get back to competing for titles most years.

Ask Auburn about assessing your coach on a one year basis.
I backed Kyle Morris when everyone else was booing.
GatorJdn
Freshman Gator

Postby DCflorida » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5
- Muschamp 19-7 (if he wins the bowl game this year).
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

While I was angry/frustrated with the loss to dawgs, MC is clearly a brilliant choice. We are now a tough team again!! I look at the overrall body of work this year and believe that the dawg loss was a FLUKE, 6 turnovers, half of which were UNFORCED; and now I hear much of the team had the flu during that game. We have the best resume' toughest sched in the country, and should be playing for the national title. Our record is further proof that a real playoff is needed, at least 8 teams in.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I guess
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm

DCflorida wrote:This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5

Considering what Meyer inherited from Zook compared to what Muschamp received from Meyer, I'd say WM has done a terrific job in year 2.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Always did.

What I would like now is for Foley to start putting buyout clauses in our coaches contracts so it's not as easy for them to leave for another job. We need to keep these guys together for a while and I'm tired of being raided by every school that needs a new head coach.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby SwampedGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm

I always liked the hire, but I thought it would take at least three seasons to really get this ship going in the right direction. I never thought he'd make a run with the current roster in the way that he did this year. Extremely impressive.
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

LBSpikes wrote:To all the naysayers I ask that question as well as, Do you appreciate him or do you think this was a fluke season and he's undeserving? I am happy the players bought in before some fans like Quasi. Guys who said no matter what a HC with no previous HCing experience would fail at UF and be run out of town after several more terrible seasons. In Champ we trust!

It is incredible how Champ turned it around & developed Meyer's talented yet depleted players, brought in immediate depth in all positions (except a enough WRs), got an upgrade and possibly the best great strength and conditioning coach as well as hired a great OC that goes well with Champs plan of being vanilla and controlling and then have what seems like bursts of great offensive drives. That 1st drive of the game was just what was needed! And when you consider we missed last minute with some top WR recruits and then lost our WR coach in the spring bc he may have been involved with the Cane's bad stuff, we coached up a group of WRs to be perfect for the job that was needed to win with our defense and special teams and Reed/Burton. It's a shame Patton got hurt. He could move east to west like nobodies business and then turn it up the field with the same speed. What a season so far! And as noted we'll be primed for even better recruiting and top 3 pre season next year. Go Gators!

:cool:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Always did. :cool:
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

I was country when country wasn't cool.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

G8RNGA wrote:
DCflorida wrote:This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5

Considering what Meyer inherited from Zook compared to what Muschamp received from Meyer, I'd say WM has done a terrific job in year 2.

Not so much as to what each inherited but how much crap each would take from the team, to be a winner. Champ said "see ya" to our best player last year where Meyer made them sit out the first game "because they weren't practicing hard enough", code for he failed a drug test.

We are on the right path and after a 7-6 year, we hauled in a great class earlier this year. Those freshman all paid huge dividends this season.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum