Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests

Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 pm

To all the naysayers I ask that question as well as, Do you appreciate him or do you think this was a fluke season and he's undeserving? I am happy the players bought in before some fans like Quasi. Guys who said no matter what a HC with no previous HCing experience would fail at UF and be run out of town after several more terrible seasons. In Champ we trust!

It is incredible how Champ turned it around & developed Meyer's talented yet depleted players, brought in immediate depth in all positions (except a enough WRs), got an upgrade and possibly the best great strength and conditioning coach as well as hired a great OC that goes well with Champs plan of being vanilla and controlling and then have what seems like bursts of great offensive drives. That 1st drive of the game was just what was needed! And when you consider we missed last minute with some top WR recruits and then lost our WR coach in the spring bc he may have been involved with the Cane's bad stuff, we coached up a group of WRs to be perfect for the job that was needed to win with our defense and special teams and Reed/Burton. It's a shame Patton got hurt. He could move east to west like nobodies business and then turn it up the field with the same speed. What a season so far! And as noted we'll be primed for even better recruiting and top 3 pre season next year. Go Gators!
User avatar
LBSpikes
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby gatordad3 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Q-tip is a non-believer in Muschamp.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1453
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby DCflorida » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 pm

You can't deny 11-1 and the transformation of our team from a bunch of pansies to a bunch of tough guys who knock opposing qb's senseless at midfield.

You can't deny outmuscling Texas AM and FSU away, and overpowering LSU and SC.

Many of us said, if he can build a great defense, we'll be in EVERY game. He did exactly that. When the man gets some big-time playmakers on offense, and if we can keep continuity at the OC spot, we're going to go on an incredibly good run. I think Driskel is poised for greatness too.

GREAT HIRE!
User avatar
DCflorida
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby BoomTown » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I always did.
User avatar
BoomTown
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:18 pm
Location: The Queen City, NC

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby Gulfstream » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

With. Out. Question. :)
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
User avatar
Gulfstream
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Location: Vietnam

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby rogdochar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Sculpting an 11-1 team of "winners" (champions-at-heart) by 2nd year
has to be the hardest challenge coach Muschamp (or any HC) will
have to conquer. So he Will only get better.

I "ditched & moaned" over not hiring a "real" HC . I so wrong ...Foley
got "an unreal HC" and this here 'maulmouth' got joy in spite of my
spite.? It's a GOOD thing I'm SO 'STUPIDDLING'. But the extra laps &
hushups you guys gave me transfloored me in early season. In fact,
I believe my change of heart is what saved this team... that's my
'Lordy' & I'm sicken to it.

:flag:
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12734
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby LBSpikes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

rogdochar wrote:Sculpting an 11-1 team of "winners" (champions-at-heart) by 2nd year
has to be the hardest challenge coach Muschamp (or any HC) will
have to conquer. So he Will only get better.

I "ditched & moaned" over not hiring a "real" HC . I so wrong ...Foley
got "an unreal HC" and this here 'maulmouth' got joy in spite of my
spite.? It's a GOOD thing I'm SO 'STUPIDDLING'. But the extra laps &
hushups you guys gave me transfloored me in early season. In fact,
I believe my change of heart is what saved this team... that's my
'Lordy' & I'm sicken to it.

:flag:

:lol: A change of heart indeed. Thanks Rog. It is rare though that a coordinator can go right to a HC spot at a top school and win right away. Stoops did it. But then Stoops started believing his own cursed theories and became useless in bowl games lol.
User avatar
LBSpikes
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 5791
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Yup! Thought so from the beginning. I was glad we picked Texas' pocket.

It was easy to see he would be a winner. Top SEC coordinators almost always are.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
User avatar
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 16907
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby Alagator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes. And I'm pumped about the job he is doing.
Kcgator wrote:
...bite him in his tightly puckered anus.

Soflagator wrote:
"We should really try not sucking for 30+ minutes of each game."
User avatar
Alagator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1967
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby GatorJdn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Good hire but I never thought otherwise.

Personally I like to take a long term approach to our team and coaching. I don't think that we should base the coaches success on one season, good or bad. I also wasn't one of those who was thinking he was a bad hire because his first year was shaky. I think a good coach can get Florida to 9 or 10 wins year in and year out (at the very least Florida should settle for nothing less). A great coach will have us competing for titles often. Muschamp has been impressive but my thoughts on him are still the same, good hire, let's support the guy and get behind the team. Let's get back to competing for titles most years.

Ask Auburn about assessing your coach on a one year basis.
I backed Kyle Morris when everyone else was booing.
GatorJdn
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby DCflorida » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5
- Muschamp 19-7 (if he wins the bowl game this year).
User avatar
DCflorida
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby Gatorlaw92 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

While I was angry/frustrated with the loss to dawgs, MC is clearly a brilliant choice. We are now a tough team again!! I look at the overrall body of work this year and believe that the dawg loss was a FLUKE, 6 turnovers, half of which were UNFORCED; and now I hear much of the team had the flu during that game. We have the best resume' toughest sched in the country, and should be playing for the national title. Our record is further proof that a real playoff is needed, at least 8 teams in.
Gatorlaw92
Senior Gator
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby WobbleGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I guess
User avatar
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 13866
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:18 pm

DCflorida wrote:This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5
- Muschamp 19-7 (if he wins the bowl game this year).

Considering what Meyer inherited from Zook compared to what Muschamp received from Meyer, I'd say WM has done a terrific job in year 2.
User avatar
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3075
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby GatorTAG » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm

Always did.

What I would like now is for Foley to start putting buyout clauses in our coaches contracts so it's not as easy for them to leave for another job. We need to keep these guys together for a while and I'm tired of being raided by every school that needs a new head coach.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
User avatar
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby SwampedGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:19 pm

I always liked the hire, but I thought it would take at least three seasons to really get this ship going in the right direction. I never thought he'd make a run with the current roster in the way that he did this year. Extremely impressive.
User avatar
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby O&BGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:23 pm

LBSpikes wrote:To all the naysayers I ask that question as well as, Do you appreciate him or do you think this was a fluke season and he's undeserving? I am happy the players bought in before some fans like Quasi. Guys who said no matter what a HC with no previous HCing experience would fail at UF and be run out of town after several more terrible seasons. In Champ we trust!

It is incredible how Champ turned it around & developed Meyer's talented yet depleted players, brought in immediate depth in all positions (except a enough WRs), got an upgrade and possibly the best great strength and conditioning coach as well as hired a great OC that goes well with Champs plan of being vanilla and controlling and then have what seems like bursts of great offensive drives. That 1st drive of the game was just what was needed! And when you consider we missed last minute with some top WR recruits and then lost our WR coach in the spring bc he may have been involved with the Cane's bad stuff, we coached up a group of WRs to be perfect for the job that was needed to win with our defense and special teams and Reed/Burton. It's a shame Patton got hurt. He could move east to west like nobodies business and then turn it up the field with the same speed. What a season so far! And as noted we'll be primed for even better recruiting and top 3 pre season next year. Go Gators!

:cool:
User avatar
O&BGator
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby jand3k » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Always did. :cool:
Image
User avatar
jand3k
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4280
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm

I was country when country wasn't cool.
User avatar
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Re: Now do you think Muschamp was the right hire?

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:44 pm

G8RNGA wrote:
DCflorida wrote:This thread got me thinking about how previous Gator coaches did through their first two seasons. Muschamp is on par with Spurrier and slightly behind Meyer after their first two seasons, but arguably had a tougher rebuilding job than both.

- Spurrier 19-4
- Zook 16-10
- Meyer 22-5
- Muschamp 19-7 (if he wins the bowl game this year).

Considering what Meyer inherited from Zook compared to what Muschamp received from Meyer, I'd say WM has done a terrific job in year 2.


Not so much as to what each inherited but how much crap each would take from the team, to be a winner. Champ said "see ya" to our best player last year where Meyer made them sit out the first game "because they weren't practicing hard enough", code for he failed a drug test.

We are on the right path and after a 7-6 year, we hauled in a great class earlier this year. Those freshman all paid huge dividends this season.
Image
User avatar
Homer J
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4798
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm
Location: Flowery Branch, GA

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron