Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 51 guests

Big Shout Out to Josh Evans

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Big Shout Out to Josh Evans

Postby ACappsUF29 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 pm

He is a guy that has flown under the radar all year and quietly has been one of our best defensive players. For most of his career I thought he had the talent to be great but when he got in he seemed lost sometimes and would make bad decisions. Even last year Pop Suanders as a true freshman started over him several games. This year he came out and balled leading the team in tackles and 2nd on the team in solo tackles. Not to mention 2.5 sacks is almost unheard of from a safety.

I just wanted to give him a shout out as a guy that is a major reason why I believe we have the best defense in the country and the best 1-2 safety punch in the country. Great job #9.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Re: Big Shout Out to Josh Evans

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

He's had a great year for sure. Like you i was often frustrated by his play as he seemed to have all the athletic ability to be a really good safety but always seemed to be out of position or took terrible angles to the ball. He also got a lot of dumb penalties. Amazing how much better he got in all phases.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby O&BGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm

-THE DUDE- wrote:He's had a great year for sure. Like you i was often frustrated by his play as he seemed to have all the athletic ability to be a really good safety but always seemed to be out of position or took terrible angles to the ball. He also got a lot of dumb penalties. Amazing how much better he got in all phases.

:chomp:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

I must say, I am not a fan. The INT against Mizzou to end the game, I though he should have went for the hit over the INT. I thought the WR would jump in front of him and catch it as Evans was waiting to make the catch. Harris, Neal and Washinton will be an upgrade next year.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:54 pm

He's in the top 2-5 in nearly every UF defensive category as a player!
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby g8trs99 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Homer J wrote:I must say, I am not a fan. The INT against Mizzou to end the game, I though he should have went for the hit over the INT. I thought the WR would jump in front of him and catch it as Evans was waiting to make the catch. Harris, Neal and Washinton will be an upgrade next year.

Oh yeah that would have been great. Pass Int penalty in the endzone and give Mizzou the ball at the one yard line. Plus, a hit does not = an incomplete pass all the time.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby ACappsUF29 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:26 pm

g8trs99 wrote:
Homer J wrote:I must say, I am not a fan. The INT against Mizzou to end the game, I though he should have went for the hit over the INT. I thought the WR would jump in front of him and catch it as Evans was waiting to make the catch. Harris, Neal and Washinton will be an upgrade next year.

Oh yeah that would have been great. Pass Int penalty in the endzone and give Mizzou the ball at the one yard line. Plus, a hit does not = an incomplete pass all the time.

Have to agree with g8trs99 a hit would have only helped Mizzou out. He was playing center field on that one so he knew what he was doing. That throw was not as close as it looked. Evans played it perfectly and he is as sure handed as anyone on the defense.
ACappsUF29
Senior Gator

Postby mrgator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm waiting for the jk reply or a sarcasm sign from this post.

still none?

Hmmm. Evans has been outstanding this year. I can't tell you the last time I saw Evans get beat on a big play this year. He is the perfect free safety in the fact that we rarely see him near a play when the ball is in the air which tells me they are having to throw away from him because he has done his job.

Will we have an upgrade with Harris, Neal and Washington? Maybe in the long run but not next year. He was a great leader for us.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 pm

Evans for sure answered the bell this year. Early in his career he looked a bit lost. He also got pretty jacked this year under the new strength coach. I say overall he was probably the most improved player this year.
g8trs99
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum