Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, Gator Fever, gatordad3, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, Maillot Jaune, MSNbot Media, Naples Gator, Sasquatch Gator, TheDouglas78, WobbleGator and 94 guests

FSU defense - dude doing jumping jacks?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

FSU defense - dude doing jumping jacks?

Postby GatorJdn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:38 am

Did anyone else notice that guy on the FSU sidelines doing jumping jacks on just about every one of our offensive plays? At first I thought he was signaling something in or trying to get one of the players attention. But then I noticed he was doing it pretty much every play. What the heck was that?
I backed Kyle Morris when everyone else was booing.
GatorJdn
Freshman Gator

Re: FSU defense - dude doing jumping jacks?

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:40 am

GatorJdn wrote:Did anyone else notice that guy on the FSU sidelines doing jumping jacks on just about every one of our offensive plays? At first I thought he was signaling something in or trying to get one of the players attention. But then I noticed he was doing it pretty much every play. What the heck was that?

I assume you're familiar with trying to encourage fans to make noise & get loud?
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby GatorJdn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 pm

itsgr82bag8r wrote:
GatorJdn wrote:Did anyone else notice that guy on the FSU sidelines doing jumping jacks on just about every one of our offensive plays? At first I thought he was signaling something in or trying to get one of the players attention. But then I noticed he was doing it pretty much every play. What the heck was that?

I assume you're familiar with trying to encourage fans to make noise & get loud?

Makes sense kinda. It was just that the guy was standing directly on the sidelines and looking at the play. Usually someone will turn towards the crowd when attempting to encourage them. Plus the hand signal is a little different than a jumping jack but you're probably correct. Just looked strange to me, more like he was signalling a play or coverage or trying to get one of the players attention.
Last edited by GatorJdn on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GatorJdn
Freshman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Best thread of the year.
oxrageous

Postby GatorJdn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm

oxrageous wrote:Best thread of the year.

I aim to please.
GatorJdn
Freshman Gator

Postby murdamal86 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm

GatorJdn wrote:
itsgr82bag8r wrote:

Makes sense kinda. It was just that the guy was standing directly on the sidelines and looking at the play. Usually someone will turn towards the crowd when attempting to encourage them. Plus the hand signal is a little different than a jumping jack but you're probably correct. Just looked strange to me.

I notived it as well. He was doing what the other poster mentioned; firing up the crowd. It was fun to see him do it less and less as the 4th quarter went on....
murdamal86
Senior Gator

Postby DeathRoll » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

The guy does it every game. You see hom doing the jumping jacks and waving that towel. I think he is trying to keep the team fired up as he almost never looks toward the crowd. Or, maybe he's just staying loose as the first man in if either one of the "towel boys" that Jimbo uses to "hide" his signals gets injured? :o
DeathRoll
Senior Gator

Postby BoomTown » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm

I love that the towel boys are now being used as advertising space.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:04 pm

BoomTown wrote:I love that the towel boys are now being used as advertising space.

:lol:

They should advertise for a real defense.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum