Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackLabGator, rogdochar and 17 guests

Breaking Down the BCS Computers

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Breaking Down the BCS Computers

Postby WhoGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

Everyone knows the computers have us #2 for the second week in a row... thought you may find this interesting.

Being a stats guy (I refuse to use the term nerd), I broke down some rankings/stats a few days ago for a dilusio-nole friend of mine, because he just didn't get it... I think he does now. I was looking at the new BCS standings that just came out and we have improved in 3 of the six computers and stayed the same in the three where we were already #2. Weird part is that the clowns also improved on three of the computers after getting blown out, I guess for just simply improving their strength of schedule.

A Breakdown of the Computer Services used for BCS Standings
Computer UF Last Week > UF This Week FSU LW > FSU TW
Anderson/Hester 3 > 2 19 > 22
Billingsley 7 > 6 17 > 16
Colley Matrix 2 > 2 16 > 16
Massey 2 > 2 27 > 23
Sagarin 2 > 2 23 > 21
Wolfe 3 > 2 17 > 18

Don't know what the Billingsley computer is using for data, but #6??? Still, they drop the best and worst and then average the other four. This week we are second with a computer average of 2.0 (2, 2 2, 2). Last week we were also second, but our average was 2.5 (2, 2, 3, 3).

:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Re: Breaking Down the BCS Computers

Postby WhoGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am

Before you jump on me... While I was compiling my stats and formatting this OP, someone else jumped in with a computer ranking thread. My bad.
WhoGator
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum