Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorgabe7, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, t-gator, vulcan_alex, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

"you do realize we play in the ACC" Casey Weldon

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

"you do realize we play in the ACC" Casey Weldon

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Watched the Fox rebroadcast tonight. In the 2nd Qt., David asked Casey if FSU had played a defense as good as Florida's. After collecting his thoughts, Casey answered, "you do realize we play in the ACC? ---- No."

I replayed it several times and still have a warm glow just thinking about it.

Casey also acknowledged that there was something wrong with the officiating.

Not bad for a Nole.

;)
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Re: "you do realize we play in the ACC" Casey Weldon

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 pm

My first title said "you do realize we lay in the ACC."

Maybe I shouldn't have changed it.
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorspook » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Casey Weldon took the biggest pounding I have ever seen a qb take in the swamp...more than even Peyton. He stood tall. he is my fvorite FSU player of all time. My only favorite for that matter. lol
gatorspook

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:05 am

gatorspook wrote:Casey Weldon took the biggest pounding I have ever seen a qb take in the swamp...more than even Peyton. He stood tall. he is my fvorite FSU player of all time. My only favorite for that matter. lol

Even though he popped UF in the Swamp in 1993, Warrick Dunn will always be my favorite Nole for his community work. Come to think of it, he is the ONLY Nole I like.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby AlexDaGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 am

gatorspook wrote:Casey Weldon took the biggest pounding I have ever seen a qb take in the swamp...more than even Peyton. He stood tall. he is my fvorite FSU player of all time. My only favorite for that matter. lol

I told him the same thing in person at a game in Tallahassee. At first he thought I was kidding but when he realized I was serious we had a nice talk about that 14-9 game in 1991. That was, from beginning to end, the most intense game ever in the Swamp. He took a real beating that day. Our DL was incredible. If I recall it was Darren Mickell, Tony McCoy, Brad Culpepper, and Harvey Thomas. Mickell couldn't be blocked that day.

Alex.
AlexDaGator
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 am

Weldon, Dunn, doesn't matter, they are Nole scum. **** 'em.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Deuce Coupe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:35 am

gardnerwebbalumnigator wrote:

Weldon, Dunn, doesn't matter, they are Nole scum. **** 'em.

Give it a rest!

;)
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 am

Spook you beat me to it. Weldon took the biggest beatdown that I can remember from an FSU QB. He was tough and classy about it. So he knows what he is talking about.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby DeathRoll » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

That 91 game was a classic. Most intense and physical defensive struggle I have seen in a long time. Both Weldon and Matthews took a huge beating that game. I saw players virtually staggering off the field only to come back on the next series and play some more.

What I remember most about that game since I went with a couple of FSU buds is them laughing about Spurrier calling a time out on a UF 4th down and then quickly pulling the punt team for his offense. FSU called a timeout to counter and when they went back out Spurrier had switched again prompting another FSU timeout. They were ribbing me that FSU had just trumped Spurrier's "tricks" when in fact all he was really doing was trying to make them burn up their timeouts.

As for Casey, he is a really nice guy. Although his announcing skills leave a lot to be desired I did sort of enjoy that after several questionable calls he was jokingly asking for additional "phantom" calls against UF.
DeathRoll
Senior Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum