Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 12 guests

The BCS show on ESPN

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

The BCS show on ESPN

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Man, we got alot of love from all the guys on that show!!

They say that WE have a legitimate gripe. If UGA loses to Bama then they
go a lesser bowl than us. We will be in a BCS bowl!!

hurts to be so close to the title game BUT Rome was not built in a day.

Lets enjoy this season! Man they are giving us alot of RESpect!!
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Re: The BCS show on ESPN

Postby DCflorida » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Also if Bama loses, they go to a lesser bowl. I'm thinking UGA can beat Bama.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby Gator-DNA » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:12 pm

Lotta love there, not so much for Oregon. Glad to see they gave UF's resume some props, even said UF may possibly be the best team in the nation, but we'll never know.
Hate to say it, but I'll be rooting for Bama to win out. If Ga wins, SEC streak be damned, Go Irish :eek:
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Just saw this in reference to gaining supporters in the BCS.

In 5 games against top 13 BCS opp., #Gators average score was 24.8-15.4. UF limited those opp. to 259.6 ypg and forced 15 TO

Only one of those 5 opponents gained over 300 yards of offense against Florida (TAMU - 334, their lowest output of the season)

UF rushed for 146.4 yards per game against those 5 opponents, including 176 against LSU and 244 against Florida St.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby heversle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 pm

They mentioned that if we had the 4 team playoff today we'd be playing Notre Dame and Georgia and Alabama would still be playing each other. Jesse said that he thinks Florida would beat Notre Dame if we played today. Maybe he's not such a dick. :)
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby WhoGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Loved the love, but the greatest moment in the show was when they unanimously called USC's defense "brutal"... absolutely hilarious to those who were watching.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 pm

WhoGator wrote:Loved the love, but the greatest moment in the show was when they unanimously called USC's defense "brutal"... absolutely hilarious to those who were watching.

USC's defense was brutal? :lmao2:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:09 pm

All this talk doesn't mean squat. Bama will crush UGA and then ND.

To entertain the notion of a 4 team playoff, the top 4 wouldn't be decided till AFTER the Conf. Campionship games so the loser of UGA/Bama might not even be in the top 4.

Case in point. There needs to be an 8 team playoff.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Gator-DNA » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 pm

An 8 team playoff would just turn in to an extended season for the SEC. Not only do you have to beat up on each other during the season, but in the playoffs too.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 pm

NVGator wrote:
WhoGator wrote:Loved the love, but the greatest moment in the show was when they unanimously called USC's defense "brutal"... absolutely hilarious to those who were watching.

USC's defense was brutal? :lmao2:

It was brutal to watch.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby go2gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:22 pm

At a Taco Mac here in Georgia, tonight ,I hear UGA fans already complaining that if they lose to Bama, UF gets a better bowl game. One said, it's like we are being punished for making it to the Championship game. We are still in their heads no matter what, it looks like ;) I mean i think my mind would be on beating Alabama, not where another team is going to play their bowl game. I grabbed my to-go order and gave a Roll Tide on my way out the door.
go2gator
Redshirt Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 pm

DCflorida wrote:Also if Bama loses, they go to a lesser bowl. I'm thinking UGA can beat Bama.

They could beat them. Ugly has plenty of talent, at least as much as Bammer, so this game will come down to coaching.

Elephant shiiit 41
Ball-lickers 14
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Gator-DNA wrote:An 8 team playoff would just turn in to an extended season for the SEC. Not only do you have to beat up on each other during the season, but in the playoffs too.

Time to get over the butthurt of an extended season. By the time the major conferences get to 12/14/16 teams there will be extended season regardless.

Look at it this way... Florida is done till after the 1st of the year. What's wrong with another game or two? :dunno:
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum