Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, MSNbot Media and 44 guests

Conference Re-alignment coming?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Conference Re-alignment coming?

Postby EZ1691 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 pm

EZ1691
Freshman Gator

Re: Conference Re-alignment coming?

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:25 pm

:eek: :eek:
This is some kind of joke, isn't it :exclaim: :exclaim: :question: :question:
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I assume "Eers" means Virginia West Trailereers. Their "inside" reports are hilarious. They were convinced they were a shoo-in for the SEC last year because they saw an airplane with an LSU logo on their airfield once.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BSJGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:01 pm

Halfassu is never going to "petition" the SEC for membership.

Not only is their ego too big for that to happen. There's no reason to let them in.

They bring n-o-t-h-i--n-g to the table either financially or demographics. Frankly, all they'd do is drag down the GPA of the conference... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby intimagator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 pm

NC State and Virginia Tech to SEC East and the end of the ACC is inevitable.
I don't get even I, get odd...
intimagator
Baby Gator

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 pm

BSJGator wrote:Halfassu is never going to "petition" the SEC for membership.

Not only is their ego too big for that to happen. There's no reason to let them in.

They bring n-o-t-h-i--n-g to the table either financially or demographics. Frankly, all they'd do is drag down the GPA of the conference... :lol:

+1

I noticed there weren't even "anonymous" sources to give a whiff of credibility to the idea that the SEC cares about adding f$u. It's clear that conference realignment is about expanding TV revenue and f$u doesn't give the SEC any advantage. NC and VA offer their entire respective state for TV revenue.

Based on that article, va tech better wake up or we'll take the cavaliers to add another Vandy to the SEC.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:45 pm

Many of us on the board have talked about what other teams might join the SEC. The SEC has coveted Univ. of North Carolina for awhile. At The end of the day, offers (even by proxy) will eventually go to UNC and Va. Tech.

We have been over the Miami, FSU, Ga. Tech, Clemson teams before. There is no advantage taking them because there are SEC schools that are already tops in those states. The idea is to stick as close to your region as possible, but increase viewership to get more TV money. You do that by going into adjoining states.

The SEC, Pac-12, and Big Northern whatever have handled this the best.

No pun intended, but the cost of travel for players and fans is 'sky-high'. Why would FSU want to travel to Texas and Oklahoma for road games?' You certainly don't want to drive to those games. Florida Buses to Jax and often Tally.

What makes a 16 team conference interesting now is the new playoff format starting in 2014. I think many teams 'don't want to get lost in a big conference'. Now they can still make it to the National Championship game based on schedule alone.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 am

You're not going to make a 4 team playoff based on schedule alone. Many 1 loss teams won't make it.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Deuce Coupe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 am

Didn't the ACC just sign a new big money TV deal last year?

Why do all these 2nd/3rd tier teams want to jump ship?
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 am

law98gator wrote:You're not going to make a 4 team playoff based on schedule alone. Many 1 loss teams won't make it.

But it increases the chances that you might by 200%. Money is now ruling college football, so you want to get it as economically as possible.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby RamsteinGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 am

There will be a day within 4 years where FSU will beg the SEC for membership. The next commish will consider it to expand to 16 teams as the Pac 12 will expand in reaction to the Big 10+2's recent additions.
RamsteinGator
True Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 am

RamsteinGator wrote:There will be a day within 4 years where FSU will beg the SEC for membership. The next commish will consider it to expand to 16 teams as the Pac 12 will expand in reaction to the Big 10+2's recent additions.

We are at 14 now. UNC and VaTech make 16. We will stop there. I would love UNC in the SEC!!!
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby mtn2top » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:25 am

We've been down this road with FSU before. It's not to Florida's or the SEC's interest to let them join the SEC. They already have all of the state's TV markets without the Noles or UM. There's better schools and untapped markets elsewhere in the country.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby RamsteinGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:50 am

mtn2top wrote:We've been down this road with FSU before. It's not to Florida's or the SEC's interest to let them join the SEC. They already have all of the state's TV markets without the Noles or UM. There's better schools and untapped markets elsewhere in the country.

I'm only saying FSU will come knocking.
RamsteinGator
True Gator

Postby intimagator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:
RamsteinGator wrote:There will be a day within 4 years where FSU will beg the SEC for membership. The next commish will consider it to expand to 16 teams as the Pac 12 will expand in reaction to the Big 10+2's recent additions.

We are at 14 now. UNC and VaTech make 16. We will stop there. I would love UNC in the SEC!!!

I believe NC State will join. We still don't know if we will
l have four super conferences of twenty schools or five with sixteen schools. Either way the ACC is done.
I don't get even I, get odd...
intimagator
Baby Gator

Postby BoomTown » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Please, VA Tech plus an NC school and send Mizzou to the West where it belongs.

No one's going over 16 for a while. They don't want Congress peaking around.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby jand3k » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

I hope it doesn't happen but adding VA Tech and UNC (pushing Missouri to the West) would be very good choices for ALL sports, academics, fan base and TV markets.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't really see how an NC school and VA Tech are an upgrade or help the SEC in football. Both NC schools are more like KY/Vandy level when compared to the SEC and VA Tech may have looked good in the ACC (not saying much), but lost their bowl games 3 out of the last 5 years and are 6-6 in a lousy ACC this year.
:dunno:
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 pm

G8RNGA wrote:I don't really see how an NC school and VA Tech are an upgrade or help the SEC in football. Both NC schools are more like KY/Vandy level when compared to the SEC and VA Tech may have looked good in the ACC (not saying much), but lost their bowl games 3 out of the last 5 years and are 6-6 in a lousy ACC this year.

It's not about upgrading for football, it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
G8RNGA wrote:I don't really see how an NC school and VA Tech are an upgrade or help the SEC in football. Both NC schools are more like KY/Vandy level when compared to the SEC and VA Tech may have looked good in the ACC (not saying much), but lost their bowl games 3 out of the last 5 years and are 6-6 in a lousy ACC this year.

It's not about upgrading for football, it's about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh! I guess the t.v. market makes sense, but I'd still like to see teams in our conference be competitive top to bottom. :D
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum