Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, dz_23, GatorBart, lagator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar and 66 guests

Home from the Capital

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Home from the Capital

Postby gatorpe » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm

I have to say that the FSU fans around town were 99.9% polite in all the venues I made it to. Bars and restaurants and even the downtown thing. Saw many many gators working in some of those places. Saw the game at Cody's Roadhouse and they treated us GREAT. Gators and Noles watching the game with no nastiness. My hat is off to their hospitality. Check out the Democrat's sportswriter's take on the game. He blistered Jimbo and staff.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2012 ... y=obinsite
Joakim Noah:
Sometimes, it feels good to be the bad guy
gatorpe
Heisman Gator

Re: Home from the Capital

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Good to hear, but Tallacrappy is still a corruption-filled urinal.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby RowdyReptile » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38 pm

OUCH!
Keeping Gators in the loop
Paradox: The government wants every citizen to prove that they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens
RowdyReptile
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Once the initial pain wears off from a 36-27 home loss to the rival Gators

Technically, it was 37-26. Yes, we're counting! :D
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby GatorMoJo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

gatorpe wrote:I have to say that the FSU fans around town were 99.9% polite in all the venues I made it to. Bars and restaurants and even the downtown thing. Saw many many gators working in some of those places. Saw the game at Cody's Roadhouse and they treated us GREAT. Gators and Noles watching the game with no nastiness. My hat is off to their hospitality. Check out the Democrat's sportswriter's take on the game. He blistered Jimbo and staff.

The
$15 million indoor practice facility
is that tax payer backed like their stadium?
@flgatormojo on twitter
GatorMoJo
Senior Gator

Postby StPeteGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Wouldn't necessarily call that blistering, but it was certainly sobering. Unfortunately for FSU, it's not possible to cheat your way through a college football season anymore, what with the NCAA watching life a hawk, the ACC refs notwithstaning.
StPeteGator
Senior Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm

gatorpe wrote:I have to say that the FSU fans around town were 99.9% polite in all the venues I made it to. Bars and restaurants and even the downtown thing. Saw many many gators working in some of those places. Saw the game at Cody's Roadhouse and they treated us GREAT. Gators and Noles watching the game with no nastiness. My hat is off to their hospitality. Check out the Democrat's sportswriter's take on the game. He blistered Jimbo and staff.

Two things....one, typically all the ******* fans are inside the stadium; and two, Schoffel is a UF grad. But, he's always been overly fair to them. I think he even picked against us in this game.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

they all seem to think that was a helmet to helmet on EJ...the reason they lost.

I figure the ref's were calling everything else on us, they surely would have called that if they thought it. They did flag us 12 times to their 3.
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 pm

ReelGatorDoc wrote:they all seem to think that was a helmet to helmet on EJ...the reason they lost.

I figure the ref's were calling everything else on us, they surely would have called that if they thought it. They did flag us 12 times to their 3.

There was helmet to helmet earlier in the game that wasn't called on f$u, so they really have no grounds for argument there. I guess jimbo's blame game has filtered down to the fans.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 pm

I read the article after I posted. Not scathing, but the end is a pretty decent sucker punk to f$u's junk. :lol:
CGgater
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum