Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media and 37 guests

Gary Pinkel out at Mizzou?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Gary Pinkel out at Mizzou?

Postby BMF » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:12 pm

BMF
Head Ball Coach

Re: Gary Pinkel out at Mizzou?

Postby tillsb » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

You post over at IGN?
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby gator87 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

I guess the "old man" football was too much for him.
Last edited by gator87 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gator87
All-American Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm

That's FIVE SEC coaching openings. Yeesh.

Wouldn't you like to be a candidate right now? Imagine the leverage with all these teams fighting over you. Some coaches are going to get overpaid.
oxrageous

Postby BMF » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm

tillsb wrote:You post over at IGN?

No. I initially read this (Pinkel to resign) on another site (therx.com) and did a google search. I found those two links, so I figured I'd post them....although they are only message board talk, it's the only thing that's out there. I read there's a reporter from a St. Louis paper who tweeted it. I also read it may have something to do with a Petrino type thing (him being involved w/ a yound co-ed....but that's just rumor). We'll see tomorrow....maybe.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 pm

oxrageous wrote:That's FIVE SEC coaching openings. Yeesh.

Wouldn't you like to be a candidate right now? Imagine the leverage with all these teams fighting over you. Some coaches are going to get overpaid.

Looks like Purdue is firing their coach as well.....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:34 pm

Looks like Colorado is going to fire Embree (he just got there!)....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby G8RByte » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

It's great to be Charlie Strong. :o
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm

Hoping like heck our coordinators survive all these openings and our staff stays intact.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah, even if he doesn't leave, he'll be able to negotiate a large raise to stay.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Hoosier Gator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Are there enough proven coaches out there to fill all of these openings? Some schools are going to have to settle for much less quality wise than they are hoping for.
Hoosier Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Hoosier Gator wrote:Are there enough proven coaches out there to fill all of these openings?

No. A bunch of newbies are going to get a shot.
oxrageous

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

oxrageous wrote:
Hoosier Gator wrote:Are there enough proven coaches out there to fill all of these openings?

No. A bunch of newbies are going to get a shot.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of SEC schools go after head coaches from smaller schools (for instance, Dykes at La Tech) and then those smaller schools will go after the coordinators who have created a buzz in the last year or two. I foresee a significant domino effect.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby BSJGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Wouldn't you like to be a candidate right now? Imagine the leverage with all these teams fighting over you. Some coaches are going to get way, way overpaid.

FIFY.... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 am

BSJGator wrote:

Wouldn't you like to be a candidate right now? Imagine the leverage with all these teams fighting over you. Some coaches are going to get way, way overpaid.

FIFY.... :lol:

All the SEC schools that want new coaches should put all the fired coaches names in a hat. Then draw a name and that coach stays the length of his contract. You draw again if you get the Coach you want to get rid of.

So far, Chizik's name keeps getting put back in the hat by everyone, though. Cheaters!!!
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 am

Hoosier Gator wrote:Are there enough proven coaches out there to fill all of these openings? Some schools are going to have to settle for much less quality wise than they are hoping for.

Our coach was not "proven", and he went 11-1 in his second year.

There are ALWAYS the next coaches out there, it is just a matter of fit.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 am

ncargat1 wrote:
Hoosier Gator wrote:Are there enough proven coaches out there to fill all of these openings? Some schools are going to have to settle for much less quality wise than they are hoping for.

He was well respected and had been designated their next coach basically but Brown wanted to stay on longer....
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby BMF » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:50 am

Gator Fever wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:

He was well respected and had been designated their next coach basically but Brown wanted to stay on longer....

But was not "proven", regardless how anyone wants to spin it.

---

There are a ton of "proven" head coaches at the lower levels. Harbaugh went to Stanford from San Diego (not San Diego State....but San Diego). San Diego competes against JU (Jacksonville University). They are a non-scholarship program. Kelly came from D2...then 1AA before getting the Central Michigan job (then on to Cincinatti...then Notre Dame). Rick Clawson & Mike London both were the head coach at Richmond (now BGSU & UVA).

The Kent State, La-Monroe, N. Illinois, San Jose State and several other smaller schools will likely have their coaches see big job offers.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby BMF » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:05 am

Saw this on another board:

Supposedly, the gal he knocked up is the new weather gal on KC's Fox 4 news. Her name is Michelle Bogowith. She arrived in KC this summer from Columbia.......

---

He also just finalized his divorce (after 30+ years) on Nov 20th.....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:10 am

Almost every school thinks that they should win a lot, since they play each other some will be loosers. I agree that there are coaches, but you need players and depth. That is not so easy for everyone to do. In addition some coaches are learning that having a good situation and assistants is better than getting paid more and getting fired. The coach at Clemson insisted that some of his raise go to his assistants, we need to do the same.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum