Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 205Gator, divits888, gatorJ, Gatornation561, Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, ockgator, WobbleGator and 39 guests

Roberson's punt return in the 4th...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Roberson's punt return in the 4th...

Postby DetroitGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Was funny on the replay this morning...

... as he cuts up the Florida sideline, you can see Durkin in a blue jacket starting to run behind him, then Durkin starts hopping trying to "will" Roberson to stay in bounds, then he jumps on Roberson in celebration when he cuts out of bounds... I think I rewound and watched it 4 or 5 times.
DetroitGator
Bull Gator

Re: Roberson's punt return in the 4th...

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

It was a terrific return, but I still dont understand why he ran out of bounds. He could have got at least 5 more yards it seemed.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 pm

an aggressive punt return guy is essential to really maximizing the Specail teams.

this is a different type of football we are seeing at Florida now. I'm thinking it will take some getting used to.

I do like the "W's"
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby DCflorida » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 pm

I noticed Durbin's reaction too. :lol:

Also an excellent pick by Roberson earlier in the game. We are loaded at cb!
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 pm

DetroitGator wrote:Was funny on the replay this morning...

... as he cuts up the Florida sideline, you can see Durkin in a blue jacket starting to run behind him, then Durkin starts hopping trying to "will" Roberson to stay in bounds, then he jumps on Roberson in celebration when he cuts out of bounds... I think I rewound and watched it 4 or 5 times.

Probably because it was the first punt return of more than 4 yards in about 5 seasons.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Best punt return all year. That's why Durkin was jumping up and down. We saw that last night. Guy watching the game with me said, "who's the dude in the blue jacket?". :lol:

2 fantastic blocks as well.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby gatorJ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 am

ncargat1 wrote:

Probably because it was the first punt return of more than 4 yards in about 5 seasons.

Interesting. I guess Brandon James would beg to differ.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby TenTonJim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 am

I saw that too and thought coach must run a 4.5 40 lol
TenTonJim
Baby Gator

Postby Maillot Jaune » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:07 am

Durkin did the same thing when one of his LB's made a pick. Love this guy's enthusiasm.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby JimtheGator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 am

NVGator wrote:Best punt return all year. That's why Durkin was jumping up and down. We saw that last night. Guy watching the game with me said, "who's the dude in the blue jacket?". :lol:

As well as a fantastic non-block (in the back) as he was cutting up field. :cool:
JimtheGator
Redshirt Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 am

gatorJ wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:

Interesting. I guess Brandon James would beg to differ.

^Agree. I guess that explains why we are ranked 12th in the country for punt returns. :rolleyes:
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby GulfG8r » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:31 am

JimtheGator wrote:
NVGator wrote:Best punt return all year. That's why Durkin was jumping up and down. We saw that last night. Guy watching the game with me said, "who's the dude in the blue jacket?". :lol:

As well as a fantastic non-block (in the back) as he was cutting up field. :cool:

Great point. Is a little discipline finally beginning to sink in?

Another thing that hit me as I was watching the replay last. It's - just how much the refs worked to take the Gators out of their rhythm in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Honest to God, refs are infuriating and seem to be getting more bold in imposing their will on a game.

2 lousy procedure penalties on their noles until the Gators had a 17 point lead with 3 minutes left. Meanwhile, almost every Gator possession in the 2nd and 3rd started out with a 10 or 15 yard judgement penalty.

Even though I knew the outcome, it pissed me off all over again.

It is unfortunate that there is no accountability for their actions.
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 pm

ncargat1 wrote:

You know we've averaged almost 14 yards per return this year, right? That's good for #13 in the country.

Try doing a little research before furthering your reputation as a whiny little twat.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 pm

Not to be "that guy" but I'm just greatful the play wasn't reviewed and we were able to get an offensive snap off following the return. I believe that he, ever so slightly, stepped out of bounds as he tip-toed the sideline.

One of the only calls/non-calls that went in our favor.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby Gulfstream » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
ncargat1 wrote:

You know we've averaged almost 14 yards per return this year, right? That's good for #13 in the country.

Try doing a little research before furthering your reputation as a whiny little twat.

:owned:
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby GulfG8r » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:44 pm

JimtheGator wrote:

Great point
GulfG8r
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum