Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

Next Year..

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Next Year..

Postby Wearetheoldboyz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I think next year's squad looks pretty promising if everyone can stay healthy and Peace stays with the team... Our defense next year will be mostly seniors and except for the O-Line our offense is fairly young. I dont think the MG will be missed that much.. We saw yesterday how much of a beast Jones is going to be.... I think next year if we continue to be ferocious and have a smashmouth type of play, these gators have a good shot at a NC.
Wearetheoldboyz
Baby Gator

Re: Next Year..

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:49 pm

Wearetheoldboyz wrote:I think next year's squad looks pretty promising if everyone can stay healthy and Peace stays with the team... Our defense next year will be mostly seniors and except for the O-Line our offense is fairly young. I dont think the MG will be missed that much.. We saw yesterday how much of a beast Jones is going to be.... I think next year if we continue to be ferocious and have a smashmouth type of play, these gators have a good shot at a NC.

You can not underestimate what Gilly meant to the team. How many times a hit in the backfield turned into +1 or +2 yards. Things that will NEVER be measured or show up in a stat line, but that was Gilly.

The Gators will go as far as two critical positions take them.

1. When Sharif Floyd leaves and Hunter (one of the unsung heroes all season imo) graduates, who do we have to play DT??

2. Are Andrades, Pittman, Dunbar, or any of the freshmen going to develop into a #1 receiver to take pressure off the run game??
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator98MD » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:00 pm

ncargat1 wrote:
Wearetheoldboyz wrote:I think next year's squad looks pretty promising if everyone can stay healthy and Peace stays with the team... Our defense next year will be mostly seniors and except for the O-Line our offense is fairly young. I dont think the MG will be missed that much.. We saw yesterday how much of a beast Jones is going to be.... I think next year if we continue to be ferocious and have a smashmouth type of play, these gators have a good shot at a NC.

You can not underestimate what Gilly meant to the team. How many times a hit in the backfield turned into +1 or +2 yards. Things that will NEVER be measured or show up in a stat line, but that was Gilly.

1. When Sharif Floyd leaves and Hunter (one of the unsung heroes all season imo) graduates, who do we have to play DT??

2. Are Andrades, Pittman, Dunbar, or any of the freshmen going to develop into a #1 receiver to take pressure off the run game??

Agree wholeheartedly about gilly. The dude is just under appreciated. So many of the short gains this year would have been losses last year with the smurf backs. The guy is a damn good back and should have been used more during his career. Meyer was a dumbass infatuated with demps and raineys speed.
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby jereed » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 pm

ncargat1 wrote:

Plus, Gilly had the patience to wait until it was his time and then made the best of it. Never heard anything negative about him for four full years. I don't know, but I'd imagine he has a lot of respect from the coaches and his team mates.
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr. Eko » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

I think we look pretty good.

1. A 2nd year in this offense will really help. Hopefully, Reed and Easley return.

2.What is important is we keep all our commits. I'm not yet sold on Caleb Brantley, when he says he has a father-son relationship with Haggens. 2 months is a lot of time to work on him. GOTTA keep all the LBs too.

3.With the current recruits, UF STILL needs one more DT, OL, and WR to make this a needs met year. I think Coach Boom has a lot of soul-searching to do to keep Matt Patchan and Jeremy Brown on scholarship for another year, if the numbers get tight. I also think the injured DE reruit (Sheret?) will come in January 2014 to have a spring THEN a Freshman year.

4.I think EVERY position will improve but DT if Reed and Easley stay and the 2nd OL transfer can enroll early. RB will have improved Depth.

5.Weaknesses next year are DT and WR. I would NOT be surprised to see Purifoy moved to WR and play the nickle on defense on third down. Our defensive backfield has a glut of talent!!!
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum