Who is online

Users browsing this forum: -THE DUDE-, bradgator2, CivilGator, Class of '78, Clawhammergator, gatormoe1, gatorpe, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins, WobbleGator and 51 guests

The Nole Excuse Threads Have Begun

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

The Nole Excuse Threads Have Begun

Postby PapaShake » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Went over to warcant to revel in their pain. Learned the reasons we won against the "Greatest Team EVER ". Good stuff.

"I think it has a lot to do with the fact that UF had 3 weeks to prepare for this game. No one is talking about the 2 bye games UF basically had before playing us. We had to play 2 ACC games that were must wins. UF on the other hand played an FCS team and non-AQ team. They certainly used much of their time during those weeks to prepare for FSU." (posted by crazednole)

Now it's clear. They were beat up playing in the mighty ACC. We should probably give back the win since they were tired and not ready to play :rolleyes:
PapaShake
Baby Gator

Re: The Nole Excuse Threads Have Begun

Postby gatorspook » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 pm

Headed there myself. :)
gatorspook

Postby BMF » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Yeah, we purposely got our starting QB injured and went down to the last play of the game...on purpose...as we "prepared" for FSU.

What a joke!

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

yup, the 12 or so UF penalties to the 2 FSu penalties (one being with 15 secs left in the game) was very unfair for them.
Last edited by GatorsGetGoodAgain on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm

they were busy passing the Eye test
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby PapaShake » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:34 pm

"Agree. I just am not that impressed. He found a way to win some games they should have lost this year. Jimbo has done the same. But neither have really been impressive in my opinion. I wouldn't want Muschamp either." (posted be webenoles)

You've got to love the bitter notes in the flavor of the nole tears. A fine vintage it is! :lol: He would not want the coach that just went 11-1 against the toughest schedule in the country. He's one hard nole to please.
PapaShake
Baby Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Start reading Warchant in their second half game thread at about page 4. It's pure gold to see them melt down as they went from having the lead to losing. They all want Jimbo fired. :lol:
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby CGgater » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:38 pm

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:yup, the 12 or so UF penalties to the 2 FSu penalties (one being with 15 secs left in the game) was very unfair for them.

Beat me to it. All that help from the refs in the 3rd quarter and they STILL got out-manned, out-coached, out-played and flat-out punked by the Gators.

GO GATORS!!! :chomp:
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 pm

GatorTAG wrote:Start reading Warchant in their second half game thread at about page 4. It's pure gold to see them melt down as they went from having the lead to losing. They all want Jimbo fired. :lol:

They will get their wish, Jimbo will be uts next coach
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby wfoster314 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Their officials let them down. Just when you needed a swindle in Zook Field. The semis could have used childress tonight. They probably thought they had him.
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby SwampedGator » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Why don't they just admit their schedule sucked and prepared them for absolutely nothing???
SwampedGator
Heisman Gator

Postby CGgater » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

SwampedGator wrote:Why don't they just admit their schedule sucked and prepared them for absolutely nothing???

You don't understand why we call them "delusionoles," do you...
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby gator87 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:53 pm

I was just over there looking around and I noticed that they have a Florida State Academics forum, talk about an oxymoron. :lmao:
gator87
All-American Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm

I just went over there. I don't even know where to start. Most of them now admit that their team isn't very good, they are second-guessing the Jimbo Fisher decision, their strength of schedule sucked, their offensive and defensive rankings meant nothing, and they can't afford the $50 large ones it would require to leave the A She She.
I **** love it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Give credit to some of them--they've figured out that if you want to be the best you aren't going to beat the best in the Almost Competitive Conference. Loved this one:

We still have a lot to play for

1. The ACC championship game against a marquee opponent Georgia Tech. This is a team I have missed playing every year since the ACC expanded. Lets get behind our Noles and Jimbo for the big win!

2. Assuming we can defeat the cream of the atlantic, or is it coastal...whatever marquee divisional opponent we play....we as ACC champions have the privelege of going to the Orange Bowl and play the Big East Champion.

3. Who is the Big East champion...correct me if I am wrong, but we get the WINNER of the marquee matchup between Louisville vs. Rutgers next week!.....R U EXCITED!

I am. Remember, Bobby chose FSU for the ACC, he has forgotten more football than we will ever know. Further, the ACC is a marquee conference, the additions of Pittsburgh and Syracuse are a slam dunk for us. The future looks bright...ignore the negativity and lets get behind Jimbo and the league for the big marquee win.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:18 pm

gator87 wrote:I was just over there looking around and I noticed that they have a Florida State Academics forum, talk about an oxymoron. :lmao:

if you click on that forum you'll realize it's just an online music class.

The answers to the course are posted in the members only football forum.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Hoosier Gator » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Remember, Bobby chose FSU for the ACC, he has forgotten more football than we will ever know.

Yeah, I think he forgot most of it in 2002.
Hoosier Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:43 pm

this is from 247sports:

"UF from 7-6 to 11-1 possible mnc appearance. Must be nice! But we have a shot at an ACC championship. Yay."

"UF went from back to back seven wins season to a possible national title birth. It's been proven over and over and over again, if you are an elite coach you prove it within two years at said school. Fisher is what he is, a coach that is good enough to win 9 or 10 games in a pathetic conference with an insane talent advantage. Not good enough to get you a national championship"

"Look at what Urban did at Ohio St. Jimbo is Ron Zook.

I believe this 100% now."

"Jimbo Fisher's career at FSU

1-4 vs Top 10
9-8 vs teams who win 7+ games
22-10 vs teams who aren't FCS, mid majors, or Duke

He's also doing this in the pathetic ACC. Someone please explain to me how Jimbo is anything more than average."

"Jimbo fisher signature wins:

2010 Miami (7-6)
2010 Florida (8-5)
2010 South Carolina (9-5)
2011 Miami (6-6)
2011 Florida (8-5)
2011 Notre Dame (8-5)
2012 Miami (6-6)
2012 Clemson (10-2/11-1)

7 wins over 5 or more loss teams and an "acc power"....thrilling"

"I can no longer support Jimbo"
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I found this sig from one of their posters hilarious!

Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby guardian » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:58 pm

PapaShake wrote:Went over to warcant to revel in their pain. Learned the reasons we won against the "Greatest Team EVER ". Good stuff.

"I think it has a lot to do with the fact that UF had 3 weeks to prepare for this game. No one is talking about the 2 bye games UF basically had before playing us. We had to play 2 ACC games that were must wins. UF on the other hand played an FCS team and non-AQ team. They certainly used much of their time during those weeks to prepare for FSU." (posted by crazednole)

Now it's clear. They were beat up playing in the mighty ACC. We should probably give back the win since they were tired and not ready to play :rolleyes:

Linky link?
"In blackest day or brightest night, watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda-e-yadda, erm... superstitious and cowardly lot, with freedom and justice for all!"
Duck Dodger's Lantern Oath
guardian
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum