Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 23 guests

Rumor: Gruden to UT (not same as other threads)

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Rumor: Gruden to UT (not same as other threads)

Postby OrlandoG8or » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 am

Spoke to two different UT boosters tonight. They told me that as soon as Friday, but no later than Sunday, Gruden will be announced as the next coach of UT. 8 year contract at $5 mil per year. Take it for what its worth.
“It's just a very exciting time at the University of Florida. And I want to be part of it.”
--Tim Tebow--
OrlandoG8or
True Gator

Re: Rumor: Gruden to UT (not same as other threads)

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:10 am

I still just do not get the attraction to Gruden other than he will temporarily create excitement for the fan base and recruits regardless of progress he makes. Although that will quickly fade if the wins dont come quick, ala Charlie Weis.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby tillsb » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:33 am

I'm so scared of this hire...

:lol: :lol:
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby SecVolfan13 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:44 am

OrlandoG8or wrote:Spoke to two different UT boosters tonight. They told me that as soon as Friday, but no later than Sunday, Gruden will be announced as the next coach of UT. 8 year contract at $5 mil per year. Take it for what its worth.

No disrespect my friend and as always I view myself as a guest here and I will respect the posters which whom reside here.
Having said those nice words............I suggest you find some more informed Tenn boosters to speak to.
SecVolfan13
True Gator

Postby NVGator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:14 am

I don't understand the negativity for Gruden. A successful coach, or CEO, surrounds him/herself with smart, talented people.

It won't be about Gruden, but more about his Assitant Coaches.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:56 am

SecVolfan13 wrote:
OrlandoG8or wrote:Spoke to two different UT boosters tonight. They told me that as soon as Friday, but no later than Sunday, Gruden will be announced as the next coach of UT. 8 year contract at $5 mil per year. Take it for what its worth.

No disrespect my friend and as always I view myself as a guest here and I will respect the posters which whom reside here.
Having said those nice words............I suggest you find some more informed Tenn boosters to speak to.

Many of my friends here really feel that Gruden in the "sexy" hire to provide the spark for the program. With that being said they also feel that Gruden is a very long shot to get the job. They describe it as it's Gruden or bust. From how it sounds if Gruden does not take the job they will view this as a major setback.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 am

Gruden can be called many things, but stupid is not one of them...Coach of the Vols like never gonna happen!
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby ncargat1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:24 am

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:I still just do not get the attraction to Gruden other than he will temporarily create excitement for the fan base and recruits regardless of progress he makes. Although that will quickly fade if the wins dont come quick, ala Charlie Weis.

Are you kidding? With his massive career winning percentage of 0.540, he looks like a Raging Superstar compared to the past few dimwits they hired.

Besides, in 6 years with the Bucs, he was 9-7 three times. No one says Mediocrity like Gruden.....and that is a perfect fit for Tennessee!!
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:56 am

ncargat1 wrote:
GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:I still just do not get the attraction to Gruden other than he will temporarily create excitement for the fan base and recruits regardless of progress he makes. Although that will quickly fade if the wins dont come quick, ala Charlie Weis.

Are you kidding? With his massive career winning percentage of 0.540, he looks like a Raging Superstar compared to the past few dimwits they hired.

Besides, in 6 years with the Bucs, he was 9-7 three times. No one says Mediocrity like Gruden.....and that is a perfect fit for Tennessee!!

:lol:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby --,==,< » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:25 am

After Lane Kiffin fires his dad at the end of this season, does Gruden immediately snatch him up as his DC, reuniting the Bucs' SuperBowl winning mind trust? Monte probably still has some power-T shirts in his closet. Old guys like him never throw anything out.
--,==,<
True Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 am

Kinda like Bob Stoops was a virtual lock to be our next head coach how many different times?
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Re: Rumor: Gruden to UT (and why is this one different?)

Postby gatorspook » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:51 am

Why is it that all threads just like other threads claim to be not like them? In before the merge. :)
gatorspook

Postby TN G8tr » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:Kinda like Bob Stoops was a virtual lock to be our next head coach how many different times?

For real Sasquatch.

Who was the long time poster on here who actually had the info on Stoops and how close it was until UM's unretirement plot and to setup the Daz tard to eventually take over. His name escapes me. Do you recall that?
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby BSJGator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

"Vol nation" is in disarray, they're desperate, and they think they have to hit a home run in order to get out off the hole they're in. Trouble is Gruden, while a "sexy" hire, has never been a head coach in college and it' s a whole different ball game. The upside to their terrible situation is, my brother who went to school there, hasn't been able to rag on me for nearly a decade.... ;)
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:54 am

BSJGator wrote:"Vol nation" is in disarray, they're desperate, and they think they have to hit a home run in order to get out off the hole they're in. Trouble is Gruden, while a "sexy" hire, has never been a head coach in college and it' s a whole different ball game. The upside to their terrible situation is, my brother who went to school there, hasn't been able to rag on me for nearly a decade.... ;)

BSJ that is exactly what many up here are describing. It's a HR or bust. They are that much in disarray. And what Karma that a ex-clown AD is the head of that dumpster fire in Knoxville.
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:55 am

TN G8tr wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:Kinda like Bob Stoops was a virtual lock to be our next head coach how many different times?

For real Sasquatch.

Who was the long time poster on here who actually had the info on Stoops and how close it was until UM's unretirement plot and to setup the Daz tard to eventually take over. His name escapes me. Do you recall that?

That story came from a poster on Gator Country, but it was supposedly straight from Shelly Meyer's mouth.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
TN G8tr wrote:

For real Sasquatch.

That story came from a poster on Gator Country, but it was supposedly straight from Shelly Meyer's mouth.

Thanks could not remember who that was. Knew that was a big stink back then and Foley supposedly had Stoopsy ready to sign then UM got wind of it.
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:15 am

--,==,< wrote:After Lane Kiffin fires his dad at the end of this season, does Gruden immediately snatch him up as his DC, reuniting the Bucs' SuperBowl winning mind trust? Monte probably still has some power-T shirts in his closet. Old guys like him never throw anything out.

Monte's house
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Alvin York » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:24 am

I'll believe it when I hear it. That being said we've had our hearts broken with Kiffin and Dooley. I can't envision anymore blind euphoria because of a UT hire. I'll start blowing the trumpet when we start beating ranked teams.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 am

Alvin York wrote:

I'll believe it when I hear it. That being said we've had our hearts broken with Kiffin and Dooley. I can't envision anymore blind euphoria because of a UT hire. I'll start blowing the trumpet when we start beating ranked teams.

Oh seriously...are we going to have to break out the "Our Bray is an Awesome Bray" video? You hire HR Puffenstuff and Teddy Ruxpin and the vol navy will be in full celebration mode. UTFootball = blind euphoria. Where have you been?
gatorspook

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum