Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 16 guests

Sugar Bowl matchup?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Sugar Bowl matchup?

Postby ngamtngator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 pm

UF's defense & special teams will have to play stellar Saturday and put the offense in position to win the game. If that happens and things don't work out for UF to get the NC game, we could go to the Sugar Bowl.

Who would be the most likely opponent in that game? What is the formula now for the match up in the Sugar Bowl? I think it used to be highest ranking SEC & ACC teams not in NC game but the BCS formula changed that, correct?

Personally, I would like to see clemson. But of course this is a moot point without a great Gator victory Saturday.
Don't look back, something might be gaining on you.-Satchel Page
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Re: Sugar Bowl matchup?

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Yes it's changed, the ACC was not happy having to have one of their teams get that arse whipped every January by the SEC, not sure if the bowl picks its best two for the $$$$
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:30 pm

Too soon.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby ngamtngator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:20 pm

itsgr82bag8r wrote:Too soon.

Agreed, but who would you like to see us matched up against if we do go to the Sugar?
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Clemson would be nice, but way too early. Must win Saturday.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:53 pm

ngamtngator wrote:
itsgr82bag8r wrote:Too soon.

Agreed, but who would you like to see us matched up against if we do go to the Sugar?

Stanford
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Not sure why but this thread feels like trying to keep yourself warm with a mildewy damp worm infested blanket. I don't give a rip about who we might match up with in the SB. Clempson....really?

All I care about is beating that FSU azz, nothing else. Once that is done we can worry about the rest starting with USC and Heisman hopeful Max Wittek.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

lagator wrote:Not sure why but this thread feels like trying to keep yourself warm with a mildewy damp worm infested blanket. I don't give a rip about who we might match up with in the SB. Clempson....really?

All I care about is beating that FSU azz, nothing else. Once that is done we can worry about the rest starting with USC and Heisman hopeful Max Wittek.

+1
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 pm

So now you're settling for a Sugar Bowl?
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby ngamtngator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:14 pm

ReelGatorDoc wrote:So now you're settling for a Sugar Bowl?

Not really, but do you really expect a Barkley-less socal to beat nd, plus uga to beat bama,. Ok, maybe GA Tech pulls a stunner 'tween the hedges? I know these events could happen, I'm just not counting on them.
I will gladly eat crow if they do. :)

Granted, I started with we have to find enough offense to win Saturday, of which the o-line is the key there. Just thought I'd see if anyone was paying attention on the holiday.
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 pm

ngamtngator wrote:

Not really, but do you really expect a Barkley-less socal to beat nd, plus uga to beat bama,. Ok, maybe GA Tech pulls a stunner 'tween the hedges? I know these events could happen, I'm just not counting on them.

Granted, I started with we have to find enough offense to win Saturday, of which the o-line is the key there. Just thought I'd see if anyone was paying attention on the holiday.

We don't need UGA to beat Bama. The winner of that game is automatically in the championship game. We need to beat FSU and have ND lose, that's it.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
ngamtngator wrote:

We don't need UGA to beat Bama. The winner of that game is automatically in the championship game. We need to beat FSU and have ND lose, that's it.

No if Stanford loses and Oregon wins the PAC 12 after that then the voters would do enough to keep us out not wanting 2 SEC teams in the game along with the computers closing the gap a little for Oregon.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby O&BGator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
ngamtngator wrote:

:D
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:
ngamtngator wrote:

:D
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorStud » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:54 pm

I'd spend more time buying more booze> you're going to need it if we can't block the rush and master some form of an effective dink and dunk to create a manageable 3rd down game... forget some play calling epiphany that leads to a masterful long ball in this finale.
GatorStud
Head Ball Coach

Postby ngamtngator » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:57 am

GatorStud wrote:I'd spend more time buying more booze> you're going to need it if we can't block the rush and master some form of an effective dink and dunk to create a manageable 3rd down game... forget some play calling epiphany that leads to a masterful long ball in this finale.
Gator Fever wrote:
Sasquatch Gator wrote:
ngamtngator wrote:

No if Stanford loses and Oregon wins the PAC 12 after that then the voters would do enough to keep us out not wanting 2 SEC teams in the game along with the computers closing the gap a little for Oregon.

Good points!
ngamtngator
All-American Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum