Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media and 41 guests

Jeff Tedford Fired

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby gatorhoya » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:27 pm

gatorhoya
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby malo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 pm

MUSCHAMP GET ON THE PHONE THIS IS YOUR QB COACH!!!!
User avatar
malo
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby g8trs99 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Why would UT want a coach that could not compete in an easier conference? UT has already gotten rid of that guy when they fired DD.
User avatar
g8trs99
True Gator
 
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm
Location: St Augustine, FL

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby NavetG8r » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:49 pm

malo wrote:MUSCHAMP GET ON THE PHONE THIS IS YOUR QB COACH!!!!


That's a pretty big pay cut going from HC to QB coach. But we do need a QB coach almost as bad as a WR coach.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
User avatar
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2465
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby IDGAC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:07 pm

I remember when many on this board wanted to hire Tedford after Zook was fired.

Thankfully that never happened.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby malo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:09 pm

AGREED! But think about how hard it must be to qualify for Berkly.
User avatar
malo
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Bucksweep » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm

IDGAC wrote:I remember when many on this board wanted to hire Tedford after Zook was fired.

Thankfully that never happened.


He may have never recruited :tebow2:
Bucksweep
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:29 pm

malo wrote:MUSCHAMP GET ON THE PHONE THIS IS YOUR QB COACH!!!!



This
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 pm

gatorJ wrote:
malo wrote:MUSCHAMP GET ON THE PHONE THIS IS YOUR QB COACH!!!!



This



:yes:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9897
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby NVGator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

g8trs99 wrote:Why would UT want a coach that could not compete in an easier conference? UT has already gotten rid of that guy when they fired DD.


Because he has a ton more experience? :dunno:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
User avatar
NVGator
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 9897
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby diehardg8r » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

Hell to the yeah.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Sheldon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Tedford would make an excellent OC/QB coach for someone but his buyout from Cal is about 7 million.

He is probably just going to go sit on the beach for the next year or two.
Image
User avatar
Sheldon
Baby Gator
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Sheldon wrote:Tedford would make an excellent OC/QB coach for someone but his buyout from Cal is about 7 million.

He is probably just going to go sit on the beach for the next year or two.


I must not know anything about buyouts because I cannot figure out why another team has to purchase the contract of a fired coach. Isn't the team that fires him responsible for the remainder of his contract? :scratchhead:
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Uncle rob » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Say you have two years left on a contract at $1.5/year. Unless someone is willing to pay you more than that, you take a loss by going back to work.
User avatar
Uncle rob
True Gator
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

gatorJ wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Tedford would make an excellent OC/QB coach for someone but his buyout from Cal is about 7 million.

He is probably just going to go sit on the beach for the next year or two.


I must not know anything about buyouts because I cannot figure out why another team has to purchase the contract of a fired coach. Isn't the team that fires him responsible for the remainder of his contract? :scratchhead:


Another team doesn't have to buy out any contract of a fired coach that I know of, if he was to leave to go to another school during his contract then the school that is wanting him has to buy it out, but not if he's fired.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Gouryella » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 pm

College is different than the NFL. Depending on the new job after being fired and length of the contract. For example, if you were fired with two years left @ $2 mill per and you got a new job @ $1 mill the old team is responsible for the difference.

Hope that makes sense.
User avatar
Gouryella
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Gouryella wrote:College is different than the NFL. Depending on the new job after being fired and length of the contract. For example, if you were fired with two years left @ $2 mill per and you got a new job @ $1 mill the old team is responsible for the difference.

Hope that makes sense.


Right. So technically, if we bring him in at 200k per year as an assistant, Cal would still owe him 1.3mil a year as opposed to 1.5mil.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
User avatar
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby rogdochar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Gouryella wrote:College is different than the NFL. Depending on the new job after being fired and length of the contract. For example, if you were fired with two years left @ $2 mill per and you got a new job @ $1 mill the old team is responsible for the difference.

Hope that makes sense.


"Gouryella", that sounds logical. The other way stated the firing school
has to pay $6-mil if coach doesn't get job over 3 years; so why would
they put a pricey-bill keeping someone else from easy hiring him ?
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12734
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby Mus_champ11 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Tedford has been coaching at Cal since the Charlie Pell years. That is a long time. So now they decide to fire him? 25 years at one school is a long time.

But he is known to be excellent when it comes to offense and QB's.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator
 
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: Jeff Tedford Fired

Postby malo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:49 pm

This. I got to listen to one of tedfords presentation on offense as well as developing a solid qb. I had listened to quite a few coaches that weeken, and coach tedford was able to break down everything to the simplest terms that made me understand why you would want to do certain things as a coach. I think it translates well to a young qb and he simplifies it in a way that maks perfect sense. I think he is a great coach just had a very tough school to recruit for.
User avatar
malo
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron