Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient Reptile, Clawhammergator, divits888, f18bundy, g8rbob, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, mtn2top and 54 guests

Donna Sha LA LA la

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Donna Sha LA LA la

Postby phideltgator » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:03 am

"Unprecedented Decision" Donna says let's self-impose postseason ban for second year in a row. That would be ACC Championship game and or a Bowl, maybe automatic BCS berth. The U doesn't want to play FSU again for a little pay back? Are you kidding me? The U doesn't want to play FSU so Donna says let's self-impose. (star wars music in background)
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Re: Donna Sha LA LA la

Postby Travis McGee » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 am

They'll be better next year and they're going to get slapped with another bowl ban, why not take it now? It's seems like the right thing to me.
Travis McGee
Senior Gator

Postby rogdochar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am

..... and in true-U fashion, they'll be keeping those "non-refundable"
Bowl-ticket deposits for this year.= sinking ship ? nope .. yacht. :vols:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby TommyGator » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 pm

Shall lay low is the correct spelling....
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 pm

Probably expecting it to be bad when the hammer drops. And I hope it is.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby phideltgator » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:03 pm

TommyGator wrote:Shall lay low is the correct spelling....

Na Na Na Na
Na Na Na Na
La La La
Goodbye
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby SavannahGator » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Trying to get a jump on the NCAA in the hope that it will reduce the NCAA's upcoming penalties. I'm not sure it will.

In a side note, now 6-5 Georgia Tech gets to face the Clowns for the ACC title. So now they're bowl eligible, but if they lose to the Pups and then to the Clowns, they'd be 6-7 and would have to ask for an exemption from the NCAA to be bowl eligible, much like UCLA last year. I bet they'd just rather play the Pups, and even if they lost, head to a minor bowl at 6-6 than have to face the Clowns.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Maillot Jaune » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Another sad day in Coral Gables.

UM will never be relevant as long as Shalala is there.
Maillot Jaune
Heisman Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm

SavannahGator wrote:Trying to get a jump on the NCAA in the hope that it will reduce the NCAA's upcoming penalties. I'm not sure it will.

In a side note, now 6-5 Georgia Tech gets to face the Clowns for the ACC title. So now they're bowl eligible, but if they lose to the Pups and then to the Clowns, they'd be 6-7 and would have to ask for an exemption from the NCAA to be bowl eligible, much like UCLA last year. I bet they'd just rather play the Pups, and even if they lost, head to a minor bowl at 6-6 than have to face the Clowns.

If Georgia Tech beats FSU, they'll get an automatic bid to a BCS bowl, so it's worth the risk.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby Dugaboy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Another sad day in Coral Gables.

UM will never be relevant as long as Shalala is there

Never be relevant as long as Shalala is there? Shalala has nothing to do with it; UM was becoming irrelevant long before Donna showed up...
Dugaboy
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:42 pm

FunnGun wrote:Probably expecting it to be bad when the hammer drops. And I hope it is.

They are the perfect team to drop the death penalty on. Their relevance on the national scene has been non-existent for years now and the NCAA can "save face" by saying they brought the boom to a known brand in college football.
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum