Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 17 guests

RUMOR: Vols in talks with Urban Meyer

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

RUMOR: Vols in talks with Urban Meyer

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

oxrageous

Re: RUMOR: Vols in talks with Urban Meyer

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:03 pm

:lol: I heard a Vol blogger/reporter say he had sources that Jim Tressel was close to signing. They were just working out the details. 5 game suspension for show clause be damned. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Biggest joke ever. Urban is at his 7th dream job right now he ain't leaving
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby jmskjrgator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

UM will never coach in the SEC again. He still has nightmares
of NS kicking his butt. The SEC competition almost put him
in his grave.

He won't be back. If he happens to get in a NCG one day,
we'll kick his butt then.
jmskjrgator
All-American Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:14 pm

It was a joke post, but...

Urbs wouldn't go to snotsville even for a lifetime supply of Nexium... :lol:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm

TommyGator wrote:It was a joke post, but...

I really don't think it was. They have every coach in America, active and retired, linked to their opening. They believe the greats are beating their doors down to coach there.
oxrageous

Postby FSOGATOR » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm

oxrageous wrote:

I really don't think it was. They have every coach in America, active and retired, linked to their opening. They believe the greats are beating their doors down to coach there.

are we really this hard up for a meaningful conversation on this board? what utter, total, complete and unworthy nonsense. and besides, who gives a rat's patooey what urban does with his professional future in college football at this point.
FSOGATOR
True Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 pm

FSOGATOR wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

are we really this hard up for a meaningful conversation on this board? what utter, total, complete and unworthy nonsense. and besides, who gives a rat's patooey what urban does with his professional future in college football at this point.

It was meant for entertainment value, asshat. :rolleyes:
oxrageous

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

They want everyone in America thinking that all these coaches are knocking the door down to come to UT. No way Meyer goes to Knoxville. Does Kirby Smart finally make a move now that Richt may be off the hot seat for a while??
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby gatorJ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 pm

oxrageous wrote:
FSOGATOR wrote:
oxrageous wrote:

It was meant for entertainment value, asshat. :rolleyes:

:D
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 pm

FSOGATOR wrote: are we really this hard up for a meaningful conversation on this board?

Just based on the strength of your posting, yes, we're starving.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby SecVolfan13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm

TN G8tr wrote:They want everyone in America thinking that all these coaches are knocking the door down to come to UT. No way Meyer goes to Knoxville. Does Kirby Smart finally make a move now that Richt may be off the hot seat for a while??

Smart is a good football coach and I'm sure he'll get his shot to be HC very soon. However I don't think Tenn is looking to take another gamble on an unproven guy or first time head coach. JMO.
The Meyer and Tressell stuff is way out there. Please excuse some of my fellow fans.
SecVolfan13
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:02 pm

SecVolfan13 wrote:
TN G8tr wrote:They want everyone in America thinking that all these coaches are knocking the door down to come to UT. No way Meyer goes to Knoxville. Does Kirby Smart finally make a move now that Richt may be off the hot seat for a while??

Smart is a good football coach and I'm sure he'll get his shot to be HC very soon. However I don't think Tenn is looking to take another gamble on an unproven guy or first time head coach. JMO.
The Meyer and Tressell stuff is way out there. Please excuse some of my fellow fans.

Would you opinion include Hart saying that previous head coaching experience is essential? :lol:

Not sure if you've seen it, and I heard it, didn't see it, but supposedly those are his words. I agree they won't go after Smart though.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

SecVolfan13 wrote:

I know you've got an inside scoop. Tell us what's going on.
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

I'd be interested in hearing your opinion as well. I asked Alvie and the Albanian underground network had no answer.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby bullag8r » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

The latest vol update reports that they will introduce Vince Lombardi as their next head coach.
Last edited by bullag8r on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bullag8r
All-American Gator

Postby L-Boy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm

oxrageous wrote:According to VolNation! :lol:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... meyer.html

Discuss.

:facepalm:

F'n vol fans.
L-Boy
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Alvin York » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 pm

oxrageous wrote:According to VolNation! :lol:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennesse ... meyer.html

Discuss.

This belongs with UFO abductions and Tupac sightings.
Still Our Royal Family!!

Alvin York
Head Ball Coach

Postby SecVolfan13 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:35 pm

oxrageous wrote:
SecVolfan13 wrote:

I know you've got an inside scoop. Tell us what's going on.

That's funny FunnGun. I actually missed the whole thing today and I'm glad I did. Got word late last night and Ive been out all day today. My dad gave me a few high points. One that stuck out was Hart pretty much laying into administrations to get on board or else. I knew he felt that way but I didn't expect him to call them out in the media.

Im honestly not hearing anything with much substance. Nothing that is more than good discussion. I hope to be privy to some info soon but we'll see. Hart is doing this without a hired search firm so that doesn't help any either.
What very little I do know that is not rumor or speculation. 1) Gruden is a real possibility. I don't think it happens and I haven't from day 1. However they have spoken on more than one occasion and the man has not said no (yet). It doesn't make sense to me why he would come to Tenn but what do I know. Gruden contacted Kippy Brown about joining his staff if he were to coach next year. That may mean joining his staff in Buffalo but Brown's family lives here and has many ties to Knoxville. For what all that's worth.

Jimbo Fisher is getting some pub about the job but in the end I think he just uses it to get what he wants at FSU. (Facilities).

The regular candidates that everyone is talking about will likely get looked at.
Sorry to disappoint but I just don't know a lot right now. ;)
SecVolfan13
True Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm

Appreciate the reply, SecVol. I'm a little puzzled as to why they're not using a search firm too. Kinda makes me believe they have their man, or at least a very short list. That does bode well for the Gruden rumors though. I'm actually hoping Gruden does take the job. We need y'all to be strong again and a Muschamp/Gruden matchup would be badass. I've said before that instead of a coin flip we could just have them arm wrestle to see who gets the ball.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum