Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, digitalwangsta, Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, soflagator and 50 guests

Kirk just said Driskel isn't playing at SOW

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Kirk just said Driskel isn't playing at SOW

Postby krisl648 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Any info?? Thought he was walking fine at the game yesterday. I heard he had no boot on his ankle. He must play for us to compete with SOW.
krisl648
Baby Gator

Re: Kirk just said Driskel isn't playing at SOW

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I thought it was already assumed he wasn't playing. I expect Brissett to start.

Driskel limping around isn't going to help us.
oxrageous

Postby TommyGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm

He also said he would be "shocked" if we beat them....

Prepare to be SHOCKED dip weed.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby krisl648 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 pm

O LINE: BLOCK SOME BODY....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
krisl648
Baby Gator

Postby TommyGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

BTW, I am not convinced that Driskel will be out for fsu....
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 pm

krisl648 wrote:O LINE: BLOCK SOME BODY....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask your mother if you can post more. It's this kind of analysis this board so desperately needs.
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 pm

He doesn't have a clue, he was just guessing. It also helped his hypothetical scenario he was trying to describe.

No one knows how Driskel is doing and won't until tomorrow. Hopefully he comes back because we're going to need him. I think he will even if he's at 80%.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 pm

According to some on here, he hasn't played since the second half of the Texas A&M game.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

How in the hell would Herbstreet know? Muschamp probably does not know.

If Driskell is not playing then I dont like our chances at all. I'm in a real bad mood now.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Well be just as bad on O either way. Fsu can't run for crap and ej blows. It's beating a dead horse but turnovers are for sure key here and Caleb will be the biggest star on the team
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm

If Driskel can't run (and he was just on crutches a week ago) he's going to be useless. We'd be better of going with Brissett if Driskel isn't 100% - and he won't be.
oxrageous

Postby Gatorphan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Kirk picked the Clowns at the beginning of the season the win the title, so he's naturally hoping they stomp us to help fulfill his prediction.

I'm think we really will have no idea who is going to start until 3:30 Saturday.
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

The idiots at gator country are always trying to show up the guys at 247 so to be azzholes theyll probably break the driskel news either way before 247 does and ruin any chance of surprise
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm

After Herbstreit said Driskel wasn't playing, someone must have gotten to him and he later said that IF Driskel didn't play, he doubted Florida could beat FSU.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby FSOGATOR » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:According to some on here, he hasn't played since the second half of the Texas A&M game.

nah, he had a game against vandy
FSOGATOR
True Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:According to some on here, he hasn't played since the second half of the Texas A&M game.

Well, let's be fair and push it back one game and say since the end of the second half of the Tennessee game.

I quickly stand corrected by FSOGATOR - he hasn't had a real game since the end of Vandy. And . . . . why haven't we run those "fake-give-to-Gillislee-and bootleg-by-Driskel" runs since then?
Last edited by SavannahGator on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ZebraHead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 pm

FunnGun wrote:He doesn't have a clue, he was just guessing. It also helped his hypothetical scenario he was trying to describe.

No one knows how Driskel is doing and won't until tomorrow. Hopefully he comes back because we're going to need him. I think he will even if he's at 80%.

I,m not getting into the run vs pass QB bullsh*t but JD got the start because of his feet and then Pease for about 7 games forgot he had them. If he can't use them against the painted faces then i don't see UF benefiting from him that much. Holding the ball long or being indecisive against this line will be just like LSU.
ZebraHead
Freshman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 pm

ZebraHead wrote:
FunnGun wrote:He doesn't have a clue, he was just guessing. It also helped his hypothetical scenario he was trying to describe.

I,m not getting into the run vs pass QB bullsh*t but JD got the start because of his feet and then Pease for about 7 games forgot he had them. If he can't use them against the painted faces then i don't see UF benefiting from him that much. Holding the ball long or being indecisive against this line will be just like LSU.

See my post about the Vandy game above. Good point, Zebra - we know JD can run it and all these weeks since the SC game: UGA, Mizzou, and Louisiana, he never used JD's feet. Especially against the Puppies. If Pease won't use his running ability regularly, we might as well play Brissett.
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:33 pm

SavannahGator wrote:
ZebraHead wrote:

See my post about the Vandy game above. Good point, Zebra - we know JD can run it and all these weeks since the SC game: UGA, Mizzou, and Louisiana, he never used JD's feet. Especially against the Puppies. If Pease won't use his running ability regularly, we might as well play Brissett.

Why? What did y'all see Saturday that says you should start him over a guy that knows the offense, has taken 95% of the snaps in practice and games and who is 9-1. Doesn't make sense and if Driskel can go he will.

Answer this, who do think FSU wants to see?

And Zebra, do think Driskel is only starting because of his legs? The legs he has rarely used in going 9-1?
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:46 pm

FunnGun wrote:
SavannahGator wrote:
ZebraHead wrote:

Why? What did y'all see Saturday that says you should start him over a guy that knows the offense, has taken 95% of the snaps in practice and games and who is 9-1. Doesn't make sense and if Driskel can go he will.

Answer this, who do think FSU wants to see?

And Zebra, do think Driskel is only starting because of his legs? The legs he has rarely used in going 9-1?

But what if Driskel can't run effectively because of his ankle? There's no way he's going to be anywhere close to 100%.
oxrageous

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum