Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ChattanooGATOR, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media and 24 guests

Will a potential shot at the NC game motivate our Gators?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Will a potential shot at the NC game motivate our Gators?

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Do you think it's possible the Gators will come out more fired up than usual with a possible NC on the line against FSU? Do you think the coaching staff will even bring it up and use it as a motivator?

Discuss.
oxrageous

Re: Will a potential shot at the NC game motivate our Gators?

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes and Yes.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorJ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 pm

God. I hope so.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby MatthewM. » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Hopefully, although I'd think playing against FSU in any season should be motivation enough for our squad.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 pm

GatorJ made a great point in another thread that UF couldn't seem to get motivated against UGA with the East on the line, which is true. I guess we can only pray it's different this time.
oxrageous

Postby mtn2top » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 pm

oxrageous wrote:GatorJ made a great point in another thread that UF couldn't seem to get motivated against UGA with the East on the line, which is true. I guess we can only pray it's different this time.

I thought we were more motivated for the Georgia game than any other this season. Might have been part of the reason for all the fumbles and miscues. I'd like to see us come out with the focused 'take care of business" attitude we did for LSU and A&M.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 pm

I believe so.

I also believe the Clowns know what's at stake for us.

Expect both parties to come out swinging (literally?).
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby DCflorida » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 pm

FSU hasn't come close to playing a defense like UF's, and that defense will be lights-out motivated.

I hope the offense can get a few key first downs, avoid turnovers and keep us in good field position. If that happens, we find a way to win.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby GatoradeNE1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Please merge this thread with all the other NC merged threads.

Thanks,
Management
GatoradeNE1
Heisman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:15 pm

GatoradeNE1 wrote:Please merge this thread with all the other NC merged threads.

Thanks,
Management

Please merge your brain with a hollow point.

Thanks,
Everyone
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby jereed » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:15 pm

oxrageous wrote:Do you think it's possible the Gators will come out more fired up than usual with a possible NC on the line against FSU? Do you think the coaching staff will even bring it up and use it as a motivator?

Discuss.

Hey Ox, 99% of the time I respect your posts. You are very knowledgeable and are a no BS kind of guy. But, WTF, THEY.ARE.10-1. Are you saying they are not motivated?
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm

jereed wrote:
oxrageous wrote:Do you think it's possible the Gators will come out more fired up than usual with a possible NC on the line against FSU? Do you think the coaching staff will even bring it up and use it as a motivator?

Discuss.

Hey Ox, 99% of the time I respect your posts. You are very knowledgeable and are a no BS kind of guy. But, WTF, THEY.ARE.10-1. Are you saying they are not motivated?

I'm as big a sunshine pumper as anyone, but they sure as hell haven't looked motivated since the UGA game, which is honestly understandable.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm

mtn2top wrote:
oxrageous wrote:GatorJ made a great point in another thread that UF couldn't seem to get motivated against UGA with the East on the line, which is true. I guess we can only pray it's different this time.

I thought we were more motivated for the Georgia game than any other this season. Might have been part of the reason for all the fumbles and miscues. I'd like to see us come out with the focused 'take care of business" attitude we did for LSU and A&M.

Agreed. We were wound entirely too tight for Georgia. Everybody was trying to or felt like they had to be the hero.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 pm

AugustaGator wrote:
mtn2top wrote:

Agreed. We were wound entirely too tight for Georgia. Everybody was trying to or felt like they had to be the hero.

It was the first big game all year and for this group where they had the pressure and expectations. Against Texas A&M, UT, LSU and USC the media and analyst were still picking against the Gators and the team still felt they had to prove them selves. Against UGAy everyone was saying how this Gator team was going to dominate and win easily, so they started to press and this lead to many uncharacteristic errors(half unforced). Against FSU everyone is once again picking against the Gators and saying they don't belong where they are. FSU will be the team playing with the pressure and expectations to win.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm

GatoradeNE1 wrote:Please merge this thread with all the other NC merged threads.

Thanks,
Management

See you in 3 days. :bananabye:
oxrageous

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm

To respond to your questions, Ox.

* Yes, UF will come out more fired up than usual. It's Florida State. By now the players on both sides are well aware of the history and intensity of the rivalry.

* Many of the players have extra feelings about the game because they're facing guys on the other team they also played against (or, in some cases, played with) in high school. So there's a personal rivalry aspect as well.

* But, no, the UF coaching staff will definitely not be playing up or even discussing the national championship angle, and why should they? There's enough on the line as it is without burdening the players with looking ahead.

I'm still not sold on the idea that we weren't motivated for Georgia. We played them even, could have even won, but turned the ball over an incredible six times, which is why we lost.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:57 pm

They shouldn't have a problem getting up for this game. I don't know if lingering injuries will be as cooperative. The defense has came to play pretty consistently all year and them doing it yet again is the key. We aren't game planning around the fact that the offense will hopefully get better in the last week of the season.

I'm sure what's at stake, regardless what ND does, is in their heads, but the bigger draw is beating their friends and atoning for last year. That's enough and after kickoff it's all noise anyway. Hopefully we'll get everyone available as healthy as possible and Driskel comes back. Most of the guys have been on FSU week since last Sunday and some before that. They should have a good grasp of the game plan by next Saturday but that doesn't mean things will be any different. FSu has some talent on defense and our play on offense will be anemic, again. But I'm not sure they can score on us without some luck and we have the special teams edge as well. 14 points should win it. I don't care if the offense ends up with -5 total yards for the game, just don't turn it over or **** it up for the defense. A big punt return for a TD or returned to the 1, and a pick 6 off of Manual.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Class of '78 wrote:* But, no, the UF coaching staff will definitely not be playing up or even discussing the national championship angle, and why should they? There's enough on the line as it is without burdening the players with looking ahead.

How is it "burdening the players" to remind them what's on the line? I would hope they are mentally strong enough to be able to handle it.

All I know is that we need to start winning rivalry games under Muschamp (UT is so awful they don't count anymore).
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 pm

Class of '78 wrote:To respond to your questions, Ox.

* Yes, UF will come out more fired up than usual. It's Florida State. By now the players on both sides are well aware of the history and intensity of the rivalry.

* Many of the players have extra feelings about the game because they're facing guys on the other team they also played against (or, in some cases, played with) in high school. So there's a personal rivalry aspect as well.

* But, no, the UF coaching staff will definitely not be playing up or even discussing the national championship angle, and why should they? There's enough on the line as it is without burdening the players with looking ahead.

I'm still not sold on the idea that we weren't motivated for Georgia. We played them even, could have even won, but turned the ball over an incredible six times, which is why we lost.

I got second place by a minute.

I think they were fired up to play Uga and played hard the entire game. All the way down to Reed's jump fumble. Since then they've been a little hit or miss with injuries and just being on the downslide of the schedule playing bad teams. Hard to keep the same pace they had against LSU, USC and Uga.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I guess you guys watched a different UGA game than I did.

At any rate, I hope we don't get a repeat of that nightmare.
oxrageous

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum