Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, scmike, wingtee, WobbleGator and 59 guests

Remember Mike Peterson?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Remember Mike Peterson?

Postby wfoster314 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I was watching the Falcon's game, and I saw Mike Peterson playing linebacker. I'm not much of an NFL fan, so I don't know much about who's playing. My wife said "didn't he play for SOS"? I looked it it up, and he is in his 14th season in the NFL. That's incredible. He did indeed play for the Spur-dog back in the Grossman era. Go Mike. Falcons will win the Stupid Bowl!!!!
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Re: Remember Mike Peterson?

Postby rogdochar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm

IMHO, Mike has been punted around the NFL. The injustice is that
each place Mike was a most reliable starter. In some places the team
defense leader. Mike Peterson is a solid pro. He's 'gotta' have that
top-notch spirit.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

It's incredible he's still playing. He's had a very solid career. He's got over 1,200 tackles and 19 interceptions. 19!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/i ... e-peterson
oxrageous

Postby TommyGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 pm

He is also the older brother of the GREAT Georgia Southern running back Adrian Peterson (see "The Run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02t-qgwhmm8), and a cousin of Freddie Solomon.

Great genes and a Gator Great.
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby LRTX1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Mike started out in Indy, went to Jax, then to the Falcons. Mike was a local kid who still gives back to his community. He is a good person now, and was when we were kids too.
LRTX1
Redshirt Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Great person and player. Mike was on the 96 championship team and went to Santa Fe HS where he was a safety but was moved to mike LB when he came to UF. Great guy but not one to try and talk to during a game....intense beyond description, I have been on the sideline with him and have witnessed this first hand.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby gatorade7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 pm

wasn't Peterson an OLB at UF and Rutledge/Bates the MLB?
gatorade7
Senior Gator

Postby LRTX1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Mike was also the QB on a State Champion team for SFHS. He took over OLB for the Gators when Kearse went down with an injury, when Kearse got healthy he moved to DE and Mike stayed at OLB.

Around 1989 Mike QB the Alachua Raider Midget Pop Warner tean to a National Championship. They played that one in in California. I have always thought how neat it wuld be for Mike to win a SuperBowl ring, he would have a championship at ever level of play.

Adrian was always at our practices (Pop Warner) as his and Mike's Dad was our coach. Adrian was probably the fastest kid on the field with more wind than any of us. He was also 3-4 years younger than us too. Adrian would paractice with his team and then come run our gassers with us too.
LRTX1
Redshirt Gator

Postby diehardg8r » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

I worked with the UFL team here last year, The Destroyers and saw Adrian. I was a student AT at SFHS when he was a senior and he remembered me. It was good to see him again. He is married with a couple of kids and doing well. Good people from a good home with a strong mother and father. That goes along ways.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.” Dante
diehardg8r
Bull Gator

Postby krisl648 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm

If your wife really said that..you my friend have a "keeper".
krisl648
Baby Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:54 am

For being captain obvious? Now if she gives .... .... . Then you should put her on a pedestal.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby ShowMeLove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 am

Swamp82 wrote:For being captain obvious? Now if she gives .... .... . Then you should put her on a pedestal.

She does.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum