Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Hoosier Gator, MSNbot Media and 40 guests

Pop Saunders out?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Pop Saunders out?

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Muschamp also said safety Pop Saunders will be out next week and the bowl game with the knee injury that was announced last Monday. However, Saunders was seen sprinting out of the tunnel Saturday and appeared fine.

Sources told The Sun that Saunders is being disciplined for a violation of team rules.

Ummm.....****.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Re: Pop Saunders out?

Postby GatorTAG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:04 am

Dooley tweeted earlier before the game that there were a number of players that would beannounce as "injured" but that were actually suspended. He didn't elaborate. I;ve heard that Pop doesn't like going to class very much.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 am

Andre Debose and Pop Saunders got caught doing something naughty and they will no longer play the rest of the year. "Knee injury" is code for being a dumbazz. Go ahead and guess what they did.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:10 am

Slevin wrote:Andre Debose and Pop Saunders got caught doing something naughty and they will no longer play the rest of the year. "Knee injury" is code for being a dumbazz. Go ahead and guess what they did.

Smoking herb and listening to Dooley's iPod playlist. I'm surprised it hasn't happened more this season.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby ltraz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:11 am

There are very few injuries that would not require surgery, but would keep a player out from now through January. Basically none involving the knee that would not have Pop in a huge brace w/ crutches right now.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:12 am

Swamp Queen wrote:
Slevin wrote:Andre Debose and Pop Saunders got caught doing something naughty and they will no longer play the rest of the year. "Knee injury" is code for being a dumbazz. Go ahead and guess what they did.

Smoking herb and listening to Dooley's iPod playlist. I'm surprised it hasn't happened more this season.

I'm assuming it has. I'm assuming they've taken care of everything behind closed doors and both goofed up again. Doubt it's the first warning for both of them. Andre has been a dingleberry for awhile now. Doesn't react to commands, doesn't give it his all. Sure the coaches are fed up with him in general.
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:13 am

ltraz wrote:There are very few injuries that would not require surgery, but would keep a player out from now through January. Basically none involving the knee that would not have Pop in a huge brace w/ crutches right now.

It's not an injury man.
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby ltraz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 am

Slevin wrote:
ltraz wrote:There are very few injuries that would not require surgery, but would keep a player out from now through January. Basically none involving the knee that would not have Pop in a huge brace w/ crutches right now.

It's not an injury man.

Kind of what I was confirming...
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp Queen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:17 am

Slevin wrote:
Swamp Queen wrote:

I'm assuming it has. I'm assuming they've taken care of everything behind closed doors and both goofed up again. Doubt it's the first warning for both of them. Andre has been a dingleberry for awhile now. Doesn't react to commands, doesn't give it his all. Sure the coaches are fed up with him in general.

Agree this probably isn't the first offense. Still frustrating to say the least. I smoked my fair share while in school and it sucks it's not legal...but damn...just lay off the stuff if you are playing for UF. PLEASE!

Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby ufgator812. » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:19 am

Yeah, I've heard this was coming for a while. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 am

I heard it's drug related. Birth Control Pills.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby MeyerRules » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:01 am

Debose has been a waste of a scholly
MeyerRules
Senior Gator

Postby unofficialgator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:12 am

MeyerRules wrote:Debose has been a waste of a scholly

I wouldn't go that far.
Ive been hearin talk about pops behavior for a minute
unofficialgator
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:20 am

I can believe what you are saying that Dubose and Saunders are missing in action due to disciplinary problems and not to injuries.

But if Muschamp holds these players accountable for their actions (and rightly so) then why doesn't he hold himself accountable and just say what it really is ? I mean if you want step up and take responsibility type players who are straight shooters then doesn't that go for everyone in the organization? That's just my way of thinking.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby soflagator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:35 am

According to my sources, doctors are saying Pop needs a backiotomy.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 am

soflagator wrote:According to my sources, doctors are saying Pop needs a backiotomy.

:laugh:
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:I can believe what you are saying that Dubose and Saunders are missing in action due to disciplinary problems and not to injuries.

But if Muschamp holds these players accountable for their actions (and rightly so) then why doesn't he hold himself accountable and just say what it really is ? I mean if you want step up and take responsibility type players who are straight shooters then doesn't that go for everyone in the organization? That's just my way of thinking.

Got to take care of your kids man. Even if they screw up, you can't just throw them under the bus. If it can be handled internally that's what he's going to do. Players are going to respect him more for that IMHO. Not only is he showing that he will damn sure punish you for being a tard, he's also not going to tarnish your name to the public while doing so. Good approach by Champ
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:49 am

Slevin wrote:
Okeechobee Joe wrote:I can believe what you are saying that Dubose and Saunders are missing in action due to disciplinary problems and not to injuries.

Got to take care of your kids man. Even if they screw up, you can't just throw them under the bus. If it can be handled internally that's what he's going to do. Players are going to respect him more for that IMHO. Not only is he showing that he will damn sure punish you for being a tard, he's also not going to tarnish your name to the public while doing so. Good approach by Champ

I guess, except he should say its head trauma or something not a knee if they arent going to be wearing a brace and running out of the tunnel.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 am

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:
Slevin wrote:

I guess, except he should say its head trauma or something not a knee if they arent going to be wearing a brace and running out of the tunnel.

You can tear your ACL not need a brace and run in a straight line.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby EuroGator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Slevin wrote:

Slevin, I get your point, but I agree with Joe. You can be truthful and not tell the whole truth. Why do you think "violation of team rules" is so common? It's truthful but vague. I hope Muschamp stays / gets and stays truthful and sets a good example for these young men.

If you start compromising the truth, you've got to draw a line somewhere. I'm not saying this is the same thing, but this kind of thinking leads to a situation like Penn. State and Joe Pa's failure. Tell the truth and you don't have to discern between 10,000 shades of grey to decide which is light enough and which is too dark.

Life is complicated enough without making it worse unnecessarily.
Work 'em silly Gators!
:chomp:
EuroGator
Senior Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum