Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 48 guests

3rd Down Conversion/Offense scoring TD's

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

3rd Down Conversion/Offense scoring TD's

Postby Supersophs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 pm

The best Defense can be a Good Offense. I have read a lot of everyone"s comments and opinions regarding our Team and the overall record. 2 areas that summarize Offensive production or lack thereof are 8 out of 38 3rd Down Conversions and only 5 TD's in 16 Quarters by the Offense. Optimism always precedes a big game with me, however, the evidence points to a big time loss next Saturday on the road with these facts about who we are. I wish the Offensive Line would challenge themselves to giving up no Sacks similar to the 1997 Line when FSU came into the Swamp with a No. 1 ranked Defense and Mo Collins and the Boys did just that...No Sacks.
Supersophs
Baby Gator

Re: 3rd Down Conversion/Offense scoring TD's

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:02 am

Supersophs wrote:The best Defense can be a Good Offense. I have read a lot of everyone"s comments and opinions regarding our Team and the overall record. 2 areas that summarize Offensive production or lack thereof are 8 out of 38 3rd Down Conversions and only 5 TD's in 16 Quarters by the Offense. Optimism always precedes a big game with me, however, the evidence points to a big time loss next Saturday on the road with these facts about who we are. I wish the Offensive Line would challenge themselves to giving up no Sacks similar to the 1997 Line when FSU came into the Swamp with a No. 1 ranked Defense and Mo Collins and the Boys did just that...No Sacks.

Mo Collins and the boys, while young, had 4 future NFL players on that o-line......they were good, but young. Our current oline is a complete mystery, but does not appear to have 4 future NFL players there.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:46 am

If we don't allow any sacks it will mean that we have holding penalties on every play. The idea of moving your feet seems to be lost on this group.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby gatortracker » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 am

I believe we have set the all time NCAA record for passes of 3 yards or less in a season..what is up???

Matt Jones is running better than Gillisee today,why isn't he playing more.

We should have a contest to see which player can get a stupid penalty once we get into scoring position..it is unbelievable.

Go Gators
gatortracker
Senior Gator

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 am

gatortracker wrote:I believe we have set the all time NCAA record for passes of 3 yards or less in a season..what is up???

Matt Jones is running better than Gillisee today,why isn't he playing more.

We should have a contest to see which player can get a stupid penalty once we get into scoring position..it is unbelievable.

Go Gators

I thought that contest was already in play? Halapeno wins easily! :D
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum