Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, gatorJ, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, Maillot Jaune, MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator and 54 guests

Wristband playbook

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Wristband playbook

Postby dangerous dave » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm

why do our qbs wear a wristband playbook? they dont have that many plays to remember in the first place. once they call a play can it be changed at the line of scrimmage? do they have a hot receiver apparently not. can they checkout of the play once it has been called? are they not that intellegent. maybe if they change the play once in awhile the offensive line might have a chance to block more efficient. johnny football wears no wristband and he is only a freshman! just wondering
dangerous dave
Baby Gator

Re: wristband playbook

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Posting here is a dangerous task Dave. One I don't think you're quite cut out for.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Re: wristband playbook

Postby FunnGun » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Troll or Jabber has a new alias. :lol:
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Wristband playbook

Postby oxrageous » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

His IP checks out.

I'd say by his grammar he's between 7 and 11 years old.
oxrageous

Postby gator81fl » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:30 pm

We are 10-1 and this is one of only three teams to go undefeated at home, right? Who would have seen this Labor Day weekend?
Salads are what my dinners eat.
gator81fl
Baby Gator

Postby dangerous dave » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:44 am

no ox i am 75 and i am a man. i dont talk about 7 or 11 year old boys. you must have learned alot from your sleepovers at michael jacksons neverland ranch
dangerous dave
Baby Gator

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am

dangerous dave wrote:no ox i am 75 and i am a man. i dont talk about 7 or 11 year old boys. you must have learned alot from your sleepovers at michael jacksons neverland ranch

You are 75 and never became literate? It's probably safe to say you're from the south.
oxrageous

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 am

oxrageous wrote:
dangerous dave wrote:no ox i am 75 and i am a man. i dont talk about 7 or 11 year old boys. you must have learned alot from your sleepovers at michael jacksons neverland ranch

You are 75 and never became literate? It's probably safe to say you're from the south.

1. Tenrc
1a. Jawja
1b. Gumpland
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ncargat1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 am

dangerous dave wrote:why do our qbs wear a wristband playbook? they dont have that many plays to remember in the first place. once they call a play can it be changed at the line of scrimmage? do they have a hot receiver apparently not. can they checkout of the play once it has been called? are they not that intellegent. maybe if they change the play once in awhile the offensive line might have a chance to block more efficient. johnny football wears no wristband and he is only a freshman! just wondering

Well, for one thing Johnny Manziel does not wear a wristband playbook because Kevin Sumlin's offense does not have a playbook to wear.

Sumlin also noted that the logic behind being with players for just 20 hours a week factored into their offensive scheme, as opposed to tyring to install and execute a complicated pro style scheme. They don't hand out a playbook, instead they focus on perfecting a handful of plays that players easily remember and can eventually execute in their sleep.
]
http://www.footballscoop.com/news/8024-kingsbury-keeps-it-simple-on-offense

As for the rest of it, everyone should just kind of chill out over two "virtual freshmen" QBs with very little "elite" talent at the skill positions to help them. Let's check back in two years when we have recruited better.

And, we will check back on the Aggies after the SEC has seen film on Maziel and that offense. Remember how unstoppable the "spread option" looked for about 2 years, then Tebow could barely move the offense. It is all about adjusting. Gimmick offenses come and go..........

and yet, Bama, with a boring, never flashy offense will now likely win the national title, again. Go figure.
If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- Thomas Paine
ncargat1
Head Ball Coach

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 am

dangerous dave wrote:why do our qbs wear a wristband playbook? they dont have that many plays to remember in the first place. once they call a play can it be changed at the line of scrimmage? do they have a hot receiver apparently not. can they checkout of the play once it has been called? are they not that intellegent. maybe if they change the play once in awhile the offensive line might have a chance to block more efficient. johnny football wears no wristband and he is only a freshman! just wondering

Johnny Football, along with many other "freshman" Qbs that are having success are red shirt freshman. It really bothers me how commentators/analysis talk about all the success the freshman are having, when they all are red shirts. I am not trying to take away from what they have accomplished but starting your first year on campus is much different than your second year on campus.
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum