Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, arkygator, Gator Fever, Google Adsense [Bot], Leroy Jenkins and 61 guests

You guys realize

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

You guys realize

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:18 pm

How close we are from being undefeated and the number 1 team in the country? We are so anemic on offense we make Tara Reed look healthy yet here we are. I know it's not beautiful but I have to say this has been a hell of a ride with one of our top rivals still ahead of us. Hell yes to 10 wins!
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Re: You guys realize

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm

*Reid
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:21 pm

I do realize how close we were to being undefeated, but we would not be number one in my opinion. Far too few complete games and far too close games against wimps. Now we would be number 3 or 4 in my opinion. I don't think we can beat FSU without a much better performance in every aspect.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby Gator98MD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Next week is giving me nightmares. I loathe FSU and to get white washed by them is depressing.
Gator98MD
All-American Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Slevin wrote:How close we are from being undefeated and the number 1 team in the country? We are so anemic on offense we make Tara Reed look healthy yet here we are. I know it's not beautiful but I have to say this has been a hell of a ride with one of our top rivals still ahead of us. Hell yes to 10 wins!

Isn't that what makes it so frustrating though? There is no excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is. I'm not saying we should be a juggernaut, but I think expecting us to be in at least the top 50 or 60 is more than reasonable.
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:22 pm

MatthewM. wrote:*Reid

Tara Reed is Jordans sister.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby Ringer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm hoping we have been saving our offense for FSU, but I've been wrong before... :(

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Saving it for nine games? Come on man
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorious » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:28 pm

warning: anyone posting about fsu will be admonished and accusations will fly your way. No Gator should care about them or how they are doing.

But yes, Gators have been keeping their powder dry. Next week we will unload it on some team we should not be interested in.
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
Gatorious
All-American Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Gatorious wrote:warning: anyone posting about fsu will be admonished and accusations will fly your way. No Gator should care about them or how they are doing.

But yes, Gators have been keeping their powder dry. Next week we will unload it on some team we should not be interested in.

Can't wait!

Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:34 pm

MatthewM. wrote:*Reid

You would know that
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm not worried about FSU. This team seems to get up for the big games (i.e, LSU, USC, TAMU)

Did you see how putrid FSU was against NC State and even VT a couple of weeks ago. Both those teams are terrible and FSU was lucky to get away with 1 win between them. They are not battle tested and have played a really weak schedule.

I think Muschamp & Co. will throw the kitchen sink at EJ Manuel. EJ is really soft (like Bray soft) and doesn't like getting hit. I think we have a legit shot at being 11-1 after next week.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Manuel threw for a whopping 144 yards today.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm

We've got nothing to lose really next week. Hopefully they just throw the entire playbook at fsu
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Slevin wrote:We've got nothing to lose really next week. Hopefully they just throw the entire playbook at fsu

I'm convinced that book only consists of one page.

Bull Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 pm

I Have No Friends :( wrote:
Slevin wrote:We've got nothing to lose really next week. Hopefully they just throw the entire playbook at fsu

I'm convinced that book only consists of one page.

Double spaced with 3" margins
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm

The only decent team FSU beat was Clemson. And Clemson is getting beat by NC State 24 - 19 right now. The ACC is an awful conference.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby TommyGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 pm

There is no excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is.

Actually there is.
1. Our O line is undermanned and further weakened by injury most of the year.
2. Our receivers are small and underskilled.

We need a few more big O linemen and some bigger stronger receivers. The O will be fine next year or the year after. In the meantime, we are 10-1 with a lock on a very good season.

If we beat FSU, it's a (damn-near) great season. However, losing to FSU and UGA in the same year will definitely sting even at 10-2.

Boom is the real deal and WILL get us to the promised land....
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby sportstalk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I did not see the game and was in and out of the car all afternoon so I was only able to listen to bits and pieces and trying to figure out what is going on when listening to Mick and Lee is almost impossible b/c those guys are terrible. But the one thing I heard consistently was that JSU had a lot of unblocked defenders at the line of scrimmage meaning the O-line played its usual stellar game (I presume). Next week could be quite bad given the looks of our O-line the past 6 weeks.
sportstalk
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatorious » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:58 pm

gatorhoops
Muschamp said Gators need to get more "consistent" offensively. "I know I sound like a broken record."
27 minutes ago ·

gatorhoops
That'll do it. Florida beats Jax State in yawner 23-0. Give UF credit for its second shutout of season. Not easy to do in college football.
48 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

gatorhoops
Remember Florida OC Brent Pease saying in late July he loves screen passes. Boy does he, even on 3rd down.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2012 ... vs-Florida
grip
a. Intellectual hold; understanding: a good grip on French history.
b. Ability to function properly or well; competence: getting a grip on the new technique.
c. Mental or emotional composure: lost his grip after he was fired.
Gatorious
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum