Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], The RH Factor and 31 guests

This is hard to watch... a win is a win!!!

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

This is hard to watch... a win is a win!!!

Postby swampfuel » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Wow I wish we had some offense. Next week will be interesting...
swampfuel
Freshman Gator

Re: This is hard to watch... a win is a win!!!

Postby Ringer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:17 pm

We need to stock up on pain killers!

"Because in 2007, we learned that at their best, Florida is better than Ohio State. Yesterday we learned that at their worst, Florida is still better than Ohio State."
Ringer
Head Ball Coach

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Hard to listen to as well. The only good thing is a win is somewhat better than a loss.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm

What is our record again?
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Arrest record that is.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby rleaton4880 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:59 pm

We should cancel all offers on current recruits and try and bring in 28 offensive lineman....preferably those that can actually block someone!
rleaton4880
True Gator

Postby g8torhed » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 pm

10-1 is a quite peculiar thing to say about this team. Just almost doesn't sound right when you say it. Man, If we just had a little more than a mediocre offense I think we'd be talking more than 10-1 right about now.
g8torhed
Heisman Gator

Postby UGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Mikey at the Orlando Sentinel wrote we won't score a TD against the Noles.
I was hoping today would offer some hope on offense, but looks like we can only win with D and SpTeams.

Brissette threw long and overthrew Hines in the end zone but at least we tried. Otherwise, it's just more of the same and every team has figured out what's coming on O and we seem to be out of options............Unless, Pease is hopefully going to try everything in Tally. But why not sooner this year to give them more to worry about?

Guess our O talent is just average, and about 2-3 seconds is all the time our QB will have to throw, then more Gillislee against their 7-9 stacked against us.

We're going to need as many turnovers as they got against us last year if we have any chance. Crap, I hope I'm way off.

FSU looked good against Maryland there.
UGator
Freshman Gator

Postby biggator6 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm

It IS shocking to think we're 10-1 when we can only score ONE offensive TD against an FBS opponent at home.

That's kind of scary.
Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'
biggator6
True Gator

Postby Authentigator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:37 pm

This is easily the worst Gator offense since 1979. It is staggering how bad they are. One offensive touchdown against Jacksonville St at home. It looks as though they have about 10 base offensive plays and they are as painful to watch as a bad pee-wee league team. It is as though Pease realizes that the Gators have a lock down defense, so there is no point in trying any downfield passes or anything imaginative at all. Just hand it off to Gilly and throw a few dinks.

It will be an absolute miracle if this offense can manage one sustained drive for a touchdown against Florida St.
Authentigator
Freshman Gator

Postby kcgator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Addazio had a better offense.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby ufgator812. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 pm

kcgator wrote:Addazio had a better offense.

Yep. I personally have not seen one this bad...ever. I was around in '79 and that team was subpar to be kind but I think the overall offense was better. I bleed Orange and Blue, always have and always will. 10-1 is great. I just can't understand why we can't have a great defense AND offense. Muschamp seems to get pissed that the fans want us to move the ball. Odd.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 am

biggator6 wrote:It IS shocking to think we're 10-1 when we can only score ONE offensive TD against an FBS opponent at home.

That's kind of scary.

I'd take a 9-7 win over FSU with NO touchdowns scored by us any day of the week.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:16 am

I still remember this Defense held FSUck and Manuel to 88 yards total offense last year. UF with at least 3 JB picks. This is setting up to be a defensive slugfest. Imagine the outcome last year if there had been no interceptions. I also remember with a Spurrier offense in '91 a 14-9 slugfest. It can be done. Even as painful as it is to watch offensively.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 am

Let's hope we pass the "Jimbo eye test" next Saturday
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:21 am

I thought winning was all that mattered..... :(
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:42 am

We will be fine for the FSU game. We played soft for the last 2 games so we dont show our cards to FSU
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby biggator6 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:30 am

The RH Factor wrote:
biggator6 wrote:It IS shocking to think we're 10-1 when we can only score ONE offensive TD against an FBS opponent at home.

That's kind of scary.

I'd take a 9-7 win over FSU with NO touchdowns scored by us any day of the week.

Me too.. but would you take that over Jax State? Even the last time we had a good record with ugly wins (2006) - we still blew out the cupcake teams. That's what bothers me, we can't even score on FAR lesser competition.
Go steal a couple of cars, go break into a couple of houses. Do whatever it takes, you know, just to get that attitude back. Go out there and do something bad, it doesn’t matter. -- Antrel Rolle on 'Da U'
biggator6
True Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum