Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorJ, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, no1g8r and 39 guests

FSU Game

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

FSU Game

Postby Kilzyo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Whether it's injuries, talent, play calling or a combination of all, we are taking huge steps backwards offensively. If we play FSU like we've played the last three weeks, we're gonna get killed.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Re: FSU Game

Postby CGgater » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah, I'm not getting a lot of warm and fuzzy feelings about the refsu game. I try to remind myself that we could've beat them last year if we punted on first down. Don't know if that can be said this year, but we'll find out in a week.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Yup, the pass rush is going to be brutal. It may end up looking a lot like the UGA game...hopefully we get the best of the TO battle.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Problem is... Their Field Goal kicker is better than ours, and that's a huge compliment.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Doubt we will. The guys have played real well against great competition all year. I think it'll be close regardless. As of now I do not seeing us win though.

16-9 bad guys.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby ltraz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 pm

I really just think we need to get back to the LSU gameplan. Both their DEs are ~ 250 and they lack a little depth bc they lost 1 starter for the year so we should be able to wear them down a bit. Run, run, run and wait for them to turn it over. We have the talent on D to completely shut them down and Manuel turns it over.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 pm

ltraz wrote:I really just think we need to get back to the LSU gameplan. Both their DEs are ~ 250 and they lack a little depth bc they lost 1 starter for the year so we should be able to wear them down a bit. Run, run, run and wait for them to turn it over. We have the talent on D to completely shut them down and Manuel turns it over.

I agree with this.

I have a warm fuzzy. It will not be pretty until late... something like 24-10 with 21 in the 4th quarter.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby NoVa Gator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Kilzyo wrote:Whether it's injuries, talent, play calling or a combination of all, we are taking huge steps backwards offensively. If we play FSU like we've played the last three weeks, we're gonna get killed.

Yep. Enjoy our high ranking while it last cause FSU is going to eat us alive. :(
NoVa Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 pm

AugustaGator wrote:
ltraz wrote:I really just think we need to get back to the LSU gameplan. Both their DEs are ~ 250 and they lack a little depth bc they lost 1 starter for the year so we should be able to wear them down a bit. Run, run, run and wait for them to turn it over. We have the talent on D to completely shut them down and Manuel turns it over.

I agree with this.

I have a warm fuzzy. It will not be pretty until late... something like 24-10 with 21 in the 4th quarter.

Man, Ill take that, just cant really see how unless its something like the USCe game.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby AugustaGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 pm

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:
AugustaGator wrote:

I agree with this.

Man, Ill take that, just cant really see how unless its something like the USCe game.

Exactly.

Pick 6.

Blocked Punt or Punt return

Quick TD off short field - Fumble recovery.
AugustaGator
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 pm

After 3-4 games we were all sure that Gators were far better than
the 'Noles. Now, 6 more games advanced, we've gotten worse and
they've gotten much better. { That is HC/coach-staff inabilities. }

Our chance to win will hang on JD at 100% , our vs LSU O & D has to
reappear. In addition JD will need to run a bit like vs Vandy & Gilly
gets decent blocking to rip loose.

Of course, the defense will have to be like vs LSU... and love to see
them menace Manuel into his worse game.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:24 pm

We will beat FSU.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Kilzyo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Our chance of winning will be determined by our O-line play. From what I hear, they're ALL, "playing on rims" right now and have been since USCe. FSU is NOT any better than they were buuuuut...FSU at home, with that D, huge rivalry game...they're coming at us HARD! I'm not saying we we can't pull together and win, because we can with great D, average O, and + turnovers..I just don't see it.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

We can beat FSU, even in their house. This team will be ready to play and will not share the offensive despair being projected by many fans.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Yea...lol
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Class of '78 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:21 pm

I wrote before the Georgia game that turnovers would rule the game. I think it'll be the difference again this week. We're plus-12 in turnover margin, FSU is minus-2.

They've fumbled the ball away 11 times. I look for the our guys on defense and special teams to take whatever chances they have to strip the ball away and shorten the field for our embattled offense.

Amazingly, we're two wins away, statistically, from the best season we've ever had, sans a possible BCS title game berth, and our offense blows. Foley should extend Muschamp another two right now for his magic.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Every game I've felt this team would be in over it's head this year they have surprised me. Everytime I've felt we'd win easily this team has Played poorly. That being said, it seems like they're in too deep next week.

:idontknow:
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby ccsdk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm

We seem to play to the level of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was low scoring next week and we do just enough to win.
Our MO.
GG
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:17 pm

you guys can forget about Debose contributing. Pretty sure he's being kicked off the team or being held out for the rest of the year. nothing is wrong with his knee btw.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Swamp Queen » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Slevin wrote:you guys can forget about Debose contributing. Pretty sure he's being kicked off the team or being held out for the rest of the year. nothing is wrong with his knee btw.

Ha! I've already forgotten about him. Didn't even wonder why he wasn't playing today.
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum