Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, scmike, wingtee, WobbleGator and 60 guests

Johnny Manziel

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Johnny Manziel

Postby Class of '78 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 pm

The guy's accounted for 33 touchdowns through 10 games, which is virtually a 2007 Tebow pace.

More importantly, he's led Texas A&M to a No. 8 ranking in the BCS in the Aggies' first year in the SEC.

Think about that. Texas A&M enters the nation's toughest conference and moves right up to No. 8 in the BCS rankings after last week's win over Alabama.

And he's a freshman.

I have to think Manziel's Heisman chances are excellent even if he is a freshman.

P.S. I've had a long week. Please no one tell me this topic has already been posted. :(
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Re: Johnny Manziel

Postby rogdochar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 pm

The kid's chances of winning over sportswriters (for Heisman) is
a bit quashed by the freshman no-interview aTm rule. So, us SEC
fans should speak out often promoting the idea.

Tebow-like #s.
For trophy's sake, Joe Theesman change the pronunciation of his name
to match Heisman's sound. No doubt, N.D. prayed about it first.
Last edited by rogdochar on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 pm

He’s been pretty amazing for sure. If he continues at this pace the only reason he wouldn’t win the Heisman would be “freshman prejudice”.

I also think that Sumlin should be right up there for NCAA Coach of the Year. He was consistant at Houston and hasn’t missed a beat in his first year in the SEC.

I was kind of hoping A&M would take at least a few years to get good. No such luck. Fortunately they’re in the eastern division.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby heversle » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Class of '78 wrote:The guy's accounted for 33 touchdowns through 10 games, which is virtually a 2007 Tebow pace.

More importantly, he's led Texas A&M to a No. 8 ranking in the BCS in the Aggies' first year in the SEC.

Think about that. Texas A&M enters the nation's toughest conference and moves right up to No. 8 in the BCS rankings after last week's win over Alabama.

And he's a freshman.

I have to think Manziel's Heisman chances are excellent even if he is a freshman.

P.S. I've had a long week. Please no one tell me this topic has already been posted. :(

heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 am

Class of '78 wrote:The guy's accounted for 33 touchdowns through 10 games, which is virtually a 2007 Tebow pace.

And he's a freshman.

Yup, at this point its him or Klein. Johnny has better numbers I believe, but Klein is undefeated...
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:15 am

Meh... 98% of people on this board swore he was a no good freshman who played for a SWAC team. He'll get better in the future.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 am

He's a redshirt freshman, and definitely a dynamci player.

He handled BAMA and the pressure of being out front. I was sure BAMA would reel him in, but they played tough on both sides of the ball.

He should get a trip to NY
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr2Bits » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:59 am

The media is too far up Klein and Teo's ass to vote him ahead of them. Every Saturday the Irish go out and look like crap then all is forgotten when Mike Golic hops on the air Monday and does 10 minute skits about why the Irish belong in the National Championship.
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 am

We'll see if ND wins their conference championship and go from there. Oh, that's right, they don't have one.

back to the "eye test"
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am

Manziel is definitely an amazing freshman. It shows what a guy who can actually throw and pass can do.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 am

Is throwing and passing not the same anymore? Scramble is probably what you meant and I do agree if you can do both it's dangerous.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks!!!
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

He's really good at passing to wide open receivers.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum