Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emoryandhenry, Google [Bot], MSN NewsBlogs, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, WobbleGator and 53 guests

I Think This About Sums It Up

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

I Think This About Sums It Up

Postby The RH Factor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm

On the Pat Dooley Show this week, he had five things to say about this year's offense (most of the comments are my own):

1) Injuries - I believe Nixon and Wilson were out for Homecoming. Chaz Green has missed some time. Halapio has had issues, as has Harrison. We don't have replacements who are very good. (Has Patchan been declared out for the season yet or is it still a week to week thing?)

Many criticisms from the fans about our line. Some would say inuries are an excuse, I'd say it's a reason.

2) No Skill Players - OK, so we have Reed. Dooley mentioned Hines with the ball in the open field is pretty good. No mention of Debose, but he's injured. Who else do we have? We lost our receiver's coach right before the season.

Someone tell me our incoming freshmen will be any better next year than the players we have this year.

3) Stubborn and Predictable - Is this a character flaw with Muschamp? We run 80% of the time on first down. Why is that? Why not put in Alli and take a three-step drop and chunk it long and see if he can run under it? If it's incomplete, how is that worse than having a run get stuffed at the line? If it gets picked off, it's about the same as a 40-yard punt.

4) Penalties - Dooley said they've been a problem for about 10 years. I'd say it goes back to the Pell Era. How many touchdowns have been called back due to a penalty? Have we been hurt more by penalties on offense or defense?

5) Good SEC Defenses - As time goes on, other teams figure us out and we haven't made the adjustments lately. (See points 1-4 above.)

Comments?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Re: I Think This About Sums It Up

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Do you think we can beat your Noles?
oxrageous

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm not reading that ****. Wobble, cliff notes, please!
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 pm

:lol:
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 pm

The RH Factor wrote:On the Pat Dooley Show this week, he had five things to say about this year's offense (most of the comments are my own):

1) Injuries - I believe Nixon and Wilson were out for Homecoming. Chaz Green has missed some time. Halapio has had issues, as has Harrison. We don't have replacements who are very good. (Has Patchan been declared out for the season yet or is it still a week to week thing?)

Many criticisms from the fans about our line. Some would say inuries are an excuse, I'd say it's a reason.

2) No Skill Players - OK, so we have Reed. Dooley mentioned Hines with the ball in the open field is pretty good. No mention of Debose, but he's injured. Who else do we have? We lost our receiver's coach right before the season.

Someone tell me our incoming freshmen will be any better next year than the players we have this year.

3) Stubborn and Predictable - Is this a character flaw with Muschamp? We run 80% of the time on first down. Why is that? Why not put in Alli and take a three-step drop and chunk it long and see if he can run under it? If it's incomplete, how is that worse than having a run get stuffed at the line? If it gets picked off, it's about the same as a 40-yard punt.

Comments?

But you'd be potentially "punting" on 1st down? I think it's time we stop waiting, hoping, and thinking about Alli. He was never brought in to be a playmaker and was always viewed as an extremely raw project. Other than being a fine student athlete, I'm not even sure he's been that. Believe it or not, there's more to being a WR in this league than just height. If he can't break into this lineup, with either staff, I'd venture to say you're more likely to see me catch a meaningful pass than SA. Dream over. Let's move on.

Otherwise, I'd agree with a lot of what you posted.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 pm

FunnGun wrote:I'm not reading that ****. Wobble, cliff notes, please!

WobbleGator wrote:Dooley said we suck.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby FloridaFanatic22 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

FunnGun wrote:I'm not reading that ****. Wobble, cliff notes, please!

= We suck.
FloridaFanatic22
Senior Gator

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Didn't actually notice this in my first read, but that statement is ridiculous. It's not unreasonable at all to expect a highly touted freshman (or 2) to come in and be an uptick from several of the career underachievers we currently have (see 2006).
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby PutnamGator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm

soflagator wrote:

Didn't actually notice this in my first read, but that statement is ridiculous. It's not unreasonable at all to expect a highly touted freshman (or 2) to come in and be an uptick from several of the career underachievers we currently have (see 2006).

I think it's reasonable to think that Kelvin Taylor can come in and make an immediate impact. Of course, I was hoping JaJuan Story was going to do that too, and I saw how that finished up. We should have an endless line of quality skill players in this state.
PutnamGator
Baby Gator

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:33 pm

soflagator wrote:
The RH Factor wrote:On the Pat Dooley Show this week, he had five things to say about this year's offense (most of the comments are my own):

Comments?

But you'd be potentially "punting" on 1st down? I think it's time we stop waiting, hoping, and thinking about Alli. He was never brought in to be a playmaker and was always viewed as an extremely raw project. Other than being a fine student athlete, I'm not even sure he's been that. Believe it or not, there's more to being a WR in this league than just height. If he can't break into this lineup, with either staff, I'd venture to say you're more likely to see me catch a meaningful pass than SA. Dream over. Let's move on.

Alli has already finished his Bachelors Degree and just recently took the GRE.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby The RH Factor » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

soflagator wrote:

OK, well there you have it. Someone is telling me that our incoming freshmen will play better next year than our current players.

Maybe we should just start freshmen next year and have our upperclassmen sit on the bench.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

soflagator wrote:

If any freshman is going to make an impact I would say WR's have the best chance. I also think Ahmad Fulwood will start as a freshman and has a chance to be a great WR at Florida.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm

1) Injuries - We have them.

2) No Skill Players - We need them.

3) Stubborn and Predictable - We are them.

4) Penalties - We commit them.

5) Good SEC Defenses - We play them.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:42 pm

PutnamGator wrote:
soflagator wrote:

I think it's reasonable to think that Kelvin Taylor can come in and make an immediate impact. Of course, I was hoping JaJuan Story was going to do that too, and I saw how that finished up. We should have an endless line of quality skill players in this state.

I wasn't at all surprised about Story. He wasn't even a WR (at least not full time) in HS. Honestly, he was yet another athlete that would've needed a good 2-3 years to become an SEC caliber WR, imo. I think, like McRoy and several others, he was recruited by this staff to keep things in place through the transition.

Agree on Taylor. :cool:
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby soflagator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:49 pm

GatorTAG wrote:
soflagator wrote:

Comments?

Alli has already finished his Bachelors Degree and just recently took the GRE.

Yeah, what I meant was that I'm not even sure he's been a raw athlete/project as expected. Didn't mean to imply questioning his academic accomplishments. He's certainly been a great student athlete, which isn't surprising given his Harvard offer.
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 pm

It's been summed up to many times, I'm ready to puke.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

oxrageous wrote:Do you think we can beat your Noles?
:D :D :D

You'd think he'd give it up eventually.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm

soflagator wrote:But you'd be potentially "punting" on 1st down?

What's the difference?

We put a confused, scared, and struggling QB in 3rd and long pretty much every series, and I think we've been around 10% on converting.

I think it's time we stop waiting, hoping, and thinking about Alli. He was never brought in to be a playmaker and was always viewed as an extremely raw project.

Who's waiting on Alli? He was always a no star waste of a scholarship. I think his ankle hurts. He needs a Saban Special medical exception.
Last edited by law98gator on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm

soflagator wrote:He's certainly been a great student athlete, which isn't surprising given his Harvard offer.

What is a "Harvard offer"? Harvard has no scholarship players.

Is there any wonder why the past regime was so short on players? Constantly signing goofball projects, small classes, and having enormous attrition.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BMF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Bama's best WR is a true freshman. I hope at least one of them makes a significant contribution. If we land an above average WR coach I see no reason we won't see one or more of them contribute.

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum