Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests

Cameras into Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Cameras into Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Postby urg8rb8 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:16 pm

I have a Canon 60D SLR that I want to bring with my to the game this Saturday. What are the chances that they will let me into the stadium with it? Is there a way to "sneak" it in? Like take the lens off the body and get two people to walk it in?
urg8rb8
Freshman Gator

Re: Cameras into Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:28 pm

urg8rb8 wrote:I have a Canon 60D SLR that I want to bring with my to the game this Saturday. What are the chances that they will let me into the stadium with it? Is there a way to "sneak" it in? Like take the lens off the body and get two people to walk it in?

You could print this, have it laminated and put it around your neck. The folks working the entry aren't exactly physics majors.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Why would they care if u have a camera?
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Cameras

Still motion cameras are allowed in the Stadium as long as its use does not interfere with another guest’s view. Cameras with a detachable lens larger than 6 inches will not be permitted. Video cameras are prohibited.

I'll add that I've taken my camera....which is some POS that still works......but, a buddy of mine takes some nice camera in there with him. I don't think he takes his bag in, but I could be mistaken.
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby O&BGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 pm

from what I understand...

If the camera comes apart, then it is considered a "professional camera" and they won't let it through.

My camera is a simple camera that won't come apart. It always makes it through ANY events (concerts, EVERYTHING). I never sneak it in.

that all being said...don't be surprised if you can take a professional looking camera through the gates this weekend. Simply ask the people first at the gate before they "zap" your ticket bar code. They'll let you know immediately after looking at the camera.

I also agree with the previous poster to laminate a similar looking ID in order to be considered a press member.

Whenever I type the word "g.a.t.e.s" the spell checker on gsmb automatically changes that word to Gators. Sorry...there's nothing that I can do about that.
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

O&BGator wrote:Whenever I type the word "g.a.t.e.s" the spell checker on gsmb automatically changes that word to Gators. Sorry...there's nothing that I can do about that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm

O&BGator wrote:from what I understand...

If the camera comes apart, then it is considered a "professional camera" and they won't let it through.

My camera is a simple camera that won't come apart. It always makes it through ANY events (concerts, EVERYTHING). I never sneak it in.

that all being said...don't be surprised if you can take a professional looking camera through the Gators this weekend. Simply ask the people first at the Gator before they "zap" your ticket bar code. They'll let you know immediately after looking at the camera.

I also agree with the previous poster to laminate a similar looking ID in order to be considered a press member.

Whenever I type the word "g.a.t.e.s" the spell checker on gsmb automatically changes that word to Gators. Sorry...there's nothing that I can do about that.

soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby urg8rb8 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
Cameras

Still motion cameras are allowed in the Stadium as long as its use does not interfere with another guest’s view. Cameras with a detachable lens larger than 6 inches will not be permitted. Video cameras are prohibited.

I'll add that I've taken my camera....which is some POS that still works......but, a buddy of mine takes some nice camera in there with him. I don't think he takes his bag in, but I could be mistaken.

There is no way my camera's body and lens is 6 inches or less.... maybe If I take it in two pieces...
urg8rb8
Freshman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

urg8rb8 wrote:
Jabberdave wrote:
Cameras

There is no way my camera's body and lens is 6 inches or less.... maybe If I take it in two pieces...

Oh. Well.....I've got an old POS I can sell you. :thumbup:
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Trung » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:08 pm

I brought by 50D to the LSU game a 2 years ago and recently my 5DM2 in a small shoulder carry bag without any problems at all. Had 3 lenses with me both times.
Trung
Redshirt Gator

Postby SwampDaddyD » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I have not looked at the camera rules for a while. The way I understand it, you may bring a camera so long as the lens does not exceed 6 inches. I have taken my cannon with a 300mm lens and never had a problem. Probably not the best lens to use, but I've gotten some really nice shots with it. I have the camera strapped over my shoulder ready to go when entering and would not suggest bringing a bag or with the lens not already attached. I like to have a plastic grocery bag in my back pocket in case it rains. And as always, I never leave home without my trusty point and shoot.
SwampDaddyD
True Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm

SwampDaddyD wrote:I have not looked at the camera rules for a while. The way I understand it, you may bring a camera so long as the lens does not exceed 6 inches. I have taken my cannon with a 300mm lens and never had a problem. Probably not the best lens to use, but I've gotten some really nice shots with it. I have the camera strapped over my shoulder ready to go when entering and would not suggest bringing a bag or with the lens not already attached. I like to have a plastic grocery bag in my back pocket in case it rains. And as always, I never leave home without my trusty point and shoot.

Mines not detachable.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby NVGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:45 pm

lagator wrote:
SwampDaddyD wrote:I have not looked at the camera rules for a while. The way I understand it, you may bring a camera so long as the lens does not exceed 6 inches. I have taken my cannon with a 300mm lens and never had a problem. Probably not the best lens to use, but I've gotten some really nice shots with it. I have the camera strapped over my shoulder ready to go when entering and would not suggest bringing a bag or with the lens not already attached. I like to have a plastic grocery bag in my back pocket in case it rains. And as always, I never leave home without my trusty point and shoot.

Mines not detachable.

Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 pm

:lol: Well done.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby GatorInKnox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm

GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:54 pm

urg8rb8 wrote:I have a Canon 60D SLR that I want to bring with my to the game this Saturday. What are the chances that they will let me into the stadium with it? Is there a way to "sneak" it in? Like take the lens off the body and get two people to walk it in?

I carried my camera and long lens in last year no problem, I didn't carry the bag, that may be why they didn't care. They are more worried about video, try to get in as erly as you can tat way if for one weird reason you couldn't t least you would have time to take it back to the car/truck/van/flintstone mobile/golf cart/ go cart/ricshaw. Just trying to cover a few bases.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby ufgator812. » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Remember that a high speed lens is a must if you want to capture the Gator offense moving up and down the field as they do.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby BSJGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
Cameras

Wonder how they define this oxymoron....They need to clean up their language.
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby SavannahGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Jabberdave wrote:
Cameras

Since about eight years ago, I've always thought that the restriction that I highlighted was rather funny. My old Canon SD digital had a video capability (would only shoot 59 sec clips at a normal speed), and my newer Panasonic Lumix which replaced it has 10x optical zoom and will take videos of any length. How do they fight that :question: :question:

:lol: :lol:

Go to my Savannah Gator Club website and click on Photos, and you'll see some video from the 2009 win over the Hogs that was longer than a minute - taken with that Panasonic. The ones from the 2006 SC-blocked-kick game were taken with the old Canon. I, and everyone else, has taken videos, and they can't stop anyone, especially since phones now have video capability. They need to remove that restriction.

http://savannah.gatorclub.com
"A life is not important - except in the impact it has on other lives" . . . Jackie Robinson
SavannahGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby DaddyGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm

I took my Nikon D50 with a 70/300 mm lens (which has been described as the NASA model) into the KY game this year. Got great pics of Driskel's score at the south endzone, BTW. No one checked my bag.
Illegitimi non carborundum
DaddyGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum