Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, gatorJ, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, Maillot Jaune, MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator and 52 guests

Brissett vs Jacksonville St

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Brissett vs Jacksonville St

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:58 am

No one wants a quarterback controversy. And we probably will never have one. But what would you make of it if Brissett comes out and is able to air it out for 250+ yards and a 3+ TD's? First of all, is that a pipe dream? And secondly, would it really matter since it's against Jacksonville St?
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Re: Brissett vs Jacksonville St

Postby DCflorida » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 am

I'd take that we'll be 10-1 and poised to whip FSU's ass with either qb.
DCflorida
Bull Gator

Postby cuuf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am

1. That's a pipe dream, offensive line wouldnt allow it and even if it did, we would never call the offensive plays to yield those stats (unless he throws 3 screen passes that go for 80 yards)
2. Even if it was against Jx state, it would matter since we havent seen production like that for 3 years.
Who cares anymore
cuuf
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr2Bits » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am

mrgator wrote:No one wants a quarterback controversy. And we probably will never have one. But what would you make of it if Brissett comes out and is able to air it out for 250+ yards and a 3+ TD's? First of all, is that a pipe dream? And secondly, would it really matter since it's against Jacksonville St?

I have not seen this team put up 60 in what seems like 10 years. If he comes out and lights it up I will be thrilled as this will just build our confidence before heading up to Tallinasty.
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:16 am

It would mean jack $#!+ and this topic has been discussed ad nauseum in numerous other threads.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:47 am

It would mean that we beat an FCS team.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Himey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:56 am

Isn't it sad that 250 yards passing is now a pipe dream for us?
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

MatthewM. wrote:It would mean jack $#!+ and this topic has been discussed ad nauseum in numerous other threads.

And welcome to the ignore list. You get one week for being a jerk, as usual.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 pm

250 yards and 3tds is a marginal day, really, even against a good team.
Against a cupcake, you'd expect more.

In another thread, someone was talking about 100 yards as if it was a good stat.

It's sad how far we've fallen.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Sheldon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Sasquatch Gator wrote:It would mean that we beat an FCS team.

Agreed.

Going for 250 and 3 against an FCS team should be a given and not cause for celebration.
Sheldon
Baby Gator

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

law98gator wrote:250 yards and 3tds is a marginal day, really, even against a good team.
Against a cupcake, you'd expect more.

In another thread, someone was talking about 100 yards as if it was a good stat.

It's sad how far we've fallen.

Could you imagine what would be written about 100 yds passing per game if it was a certain John Brantley starting at QB? :lol: :lol: :lol:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby g8trs99 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 pm

The better question is Brissett vs FSU? They had a Dr. on the radio here in Jax saying the way the ankled was torqued, it looked like a lisfranc injury possibly or even a high ankle sprain.

I know Brantley missed a few weeks with the high ankle sprain. With Muschamps comments yesterday that since JD was not able to practice on Wednesday there is not reason to have him play in the game on Saturday. Will the same Wednesday factor apply next week?

If I remember correctly Brantley was carried off the field between two trainers. Driskel walked off on his own power, and did not even seem to be limping into the locker room.
g8trs99
True Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:39 pm

mrgator wrote:
MatthewM. wrote:It would mean jack $#!+ and this topic has been discussed ad nauseum in numerous other threads.

:lol: :lol:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby AlwaysWrite » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 pm

… Anything done against an FCS team -- with a defense near the very bottom of the FCS -- does not translate to playing real teams anyway.

That being said, it would be nice to see Brissett come out and throw it all around the yard, if just because I've forgotten what it looks like. :)
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

I figure we won't learn a ton about Brissett against Jacksonville St. but if he gets hot and slings it around better than we all expect even if it is against an FCS team? I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I won't be a little curious if he couldn't be the better fit moving forward.

Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed watching Driskel play and I think he plays with a lot of heart. But I haven't seen him progress this season at all. It seems like he has even regressed a bit. That could be due to poor Oline play or it could be on him. But he doesn't seem to have the same confidence as he had against TAMU and UT.

If he starts against FSU and every game moving forward then I'm going to cheer him on louder than anyone. But we've had no chance to see if perhaps Brissett might actually have been a better choice at QB and now we can have a glimpse of what Brissett can do.
Last edited by mrgator on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatormandan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Having a defender in your face the very second you get the ball hiked to you is difficult. If Driskell had at least enough time to pull the ball back behind his head and aim for a receiver, that would probably help his stats. Problem is, he is normally either on the ground before then or running for the sidelines. :(
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:26 pm

gatormandan wrote:Having a defender in your face the very second you get the ball hiked to you is difficult. If Driskell had at least enough time to pull the ball back behind his head and aim for a receiver, that would probably help his stats. Problem is, he is normally either on the ground before then or running for the sidelines. :(

I think that is true on occasion but not every time. And I also think that he should be better at reading the blitz and knowing when/where to dump the ball down and/or when to check out of a specific play if he sees a blitz coming. It's not that I disagree completely, nor am I trying to make this an anti-Driskel thread.

Granted it is hard to not sound anti-Driskel when the thread is about the possible over-take by Brissett. But I will be more than happy to have Driskel behind center against FSU if the coaches think he gives us the best chance to win. I also know that our Oline has much to be desired still when he comes to pass blocking and it hasn't helped losing the entire left side to injuries throughout the season.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorAvatar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:31 pm

mrgator wrote:

Well done - the d-bag is a known racist. Thank God for the ignore list.
NVGator wrote:And Gus was like, Shut Up!

Sasquatch Gator wrote: I'm every bit as much of a smartass in real life as I am on here, and at least 50% as much of the a-hole. :lol:
GatorAvatar
Head Ball Coach

Postby 8802gator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:38 pm

The offense went downhill when the oline started getting knicked up. I look forward to seeing what Brissett can do on saturday, but I think Driskel should start FSU as long as the injury doesn't limit his mobility. JB and JD throwing ability is about the same to me. It is Driskel's mobility that sets him apart. Through no fault of his own I think Brissett would get pummeled against FSU's athletic d line.
"I want to thank God for makin' me a Gator" - Chandler Parsons
8802gator
Heisman Gator

Postby Double Gator Dad » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 pm

It would tell me that JaxSt. is a crummy team that can't rush the passer and will not tell us anything
Double Gator Dad
All-American Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum