Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, rogdochar, scmike, wingtee, WobbleGator and 61 guests

Wonder if Beal has any regrets

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Wonder if Beal has any regrets

Postby SC Gator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Sure he is enjoying the paychecks, but he is shooting 34 percent and is on a terrible Wizards team that may not win 15 games this year.

Watching this Gator team they are looking good and I'm with Beal they would be favorites. Wish Beal the best but it is going to be tough in Washington with that franchise.
In all kinds of weather.
SC Gator
Heisman Gator

Re: Wonder if Beal has any regrets

Postby muddycorey » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

They're missing John Wall right now...add him to Brad Beal, and they should have a great backcourt.
muddycorey
Senior Gator

Postby GatorMoJo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

@flgatormojo on twitter
GatorMoJo
Senior Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:23 pm

This team would have been a lock for the Final 4 if he came back, but they surely aren't far off from that right now. Really looking forward to this season.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby oxrageous » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:43 pm

No. It's all about the Benjamin's.
oxrageous

Postby Slevin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 pm

If we can keep away that injury bug we'll be a legit threat for the final 4 with this team.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby WashingtonDCGator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Dude's playing in the NBA, making millions and probably banging dime pieces left and right. He's probably pretty happy with life right now :lol: .
WashingtonDCGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Jbossgator9 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:35 am

If there was one player that I REALLY wanted to come back to UF instead of going to the NBA it was Bradley Beal. He was sooo good for us last year and would have been even better this year with us had he stayed. We would have been a LOCK for the Final 4 had he stayed and probably would have won the SEC too since UK has a very young team and is not as talented as last year. I understand why he went cause lets be honest he played his way up to a top 3 pick and we really can't fault him for leaving. If he had stayed and gotten injured then his stock may have fallen hard so who knows.

Donnell Harvey comes to mind too as someone I wished has stayed at least one more year with us. He was a BEAST his freshman year with us and would have only gotten better under the coaching of Billy D(just look at how Udonis Haslem turned out under Billy D). DH would have been a top 10 pick without a doubt had he stayed cause he had all the tools for success.
Jbossgator9
Heisman Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 am

Jbossgator9 wrote:If there was one player that I REALLY wanted to come back to UF instead of going to the NBA it was Bradley Beal. He was sooo good for us last year and would have been even better this year with us had he stayed. We would have been a LOCK for the Final 4 had he stayed and probably would have won the SEC too since UK has a very young team and is not as talented as last year. I understand why he went cause lets be honest he played his way up to a top 3 pick and we really can't fault him for leaving. If he had stayed and gotten injured then his stock may have fallen hard so who knows.

Donnell Harvey comes to mind too as someone I wished has stayed at least one more year with us. He was a BEAST his freshman year with us and would have only gotten better under the coaching of Billy D(just look at how Udonis Haslem turned out under Billy D). DH would have been a top 10 pick without a doubt had he stayed cause he had all the tools for success.

Donnell Harvey played his HS ball in Georgia but often played pickup games in the Alabama Wiregrass area (where I currently live). People still talk about him (how talented he was coming out of HS) around here from time to time.

Story is, his family leaned heavily on him to make the jump to the NBA after his projected draft status (1st round). He would, in fact, be taken 22nd overall by the NY Knicks but.. well, we all know how that turned out.

Last I heard, he was playing international ball in the Philippines or something like that.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby SnookinGator51 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 am

Dude comparing Harvey and Beal is like comparing Jamarcus Russell and RG3. It's not even close. Beal is the real deal and as much as I would love to have him on this team, he belongs in the NBA. The kid is a straight up baller and he's ready for the big time. As soon as Wall comes back they'll be exponentially better. And after they draft another big name (I.e Nerlens Noel) they will be top 5 in the NBA.
SnookinGator51
Senior Gator

Postby Jonas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 am

Beal really wanted to come back and struggled with the decision, but it would be stupid (financially) not declare for the draft when you get picked #3. I'm sure he wishes to some degree that he was still playing for the Gators.
Jonas
Baby Gator

Postby NVGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 am

Kurtis Lowe wrote:
Jbossgator9 wrote:If there was one player that I REALLY wanted to come back to UF instead of going to the NBA it was Bradley Beal. He was sooo good for us last year and would have been even better this year with us had he stayed. We would have been a LOCK for the Final 4 had he stayed and probably would have won the SEC too since UK has a very young team and is not as talented as last year. I understand why he went cause lets be honest he played his way up to a top 3 pick and we really can't fault him for leaving. If he had stayed and gotten injured then his stock may have fallen hard so who knows.

Donnell Harvey played his HS ball in Georgia but often played pickup games in the Alabama Wiregrass area (where I currently live). People still talk about him (how talented he was coming out of HS) around here from time to time.

Story is, his family leaned heavily on him to make the jump to the NBA after his projected draft status (1st round). He would, in fact, be taken 22nd overall by the NY Knicks but.. well, we all know how that turned out.

Last I heard, he was playing international ball in the Philippines or something like that.

Well.....hope his family is much better off now. :lol:
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby swampchamp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:54 am

Those are some really long sentences. :rolleyes:
swampchamp
Baby Gator

Postby mrgator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:48 am

No way does he regret his decision. Starting on a losing NBA team making millions of dollars is better than winning games and going to class the next day and studying for the mid-terms??? Not a tough decision if you ask me.

You know what else he probably doesn't regret? Flying first class during an off date and sitting front row for a Gator game as he shows off his upgraded attire. Can't forget the rental car: Lexus LS perhaps? Escalade? Rough life. Kid should have stayed in school. ;)
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 am

He does. He told me.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby PastyStoole » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 am

He's making $4 million a year and is the team's leading scorer as a 19 year-old rookie. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's considering committing Hara Kiri at this point.
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Postby Gatormatic » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 pm

He's shooting 34 percent after how many games? You are acting like the season is done. John Wall has been out and that has put a lot of the perimeter duties on Beal. He's good, but I don't think he's ready for that on the NBA level just yet. Remember last year? He wasn't ready for it at the start of the season either, then around midseason, he figured it out. Come tournament time, he was DYNAMITE. Give him a little time and I think he'll be fine. And no, I don't think he's regretting it at all.
Go Gators!
Gatormatic
True Gator

Postby Gatorphan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Jonas wrote:Beal really wanted to come back and struggled with the decision, but it would be stupid (financially) not declare for the draft when you get picked #3. I'm sure he wishes to some degree that he was still playing for the Gators.

Nailed it!
"Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Gatorphan
Heisman Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm

No regrets.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Gatorfin5 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm

He did shed some man tears after one of their loses this season.
Gatorfin5
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum