Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double Gator Dad, Google [Bot], Homer J, MSNbot Media, NCOGator, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 83 guests

Tebow's Future Coach

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Tebow's Future Coach

Postby GatorTAG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I thought this should be in its own thread. If not please merge with the other Tebow thread.

I think we could all agree Rex Ryan is on borrowed time. Fortunately for Tim the one guy that seems to be on his side is the Jets owner Woody Johnson. Let's assume Ryan is fired during or after this season. Let's make some bigger assumptions that Woody Johnson decides to hire a coach that will use Tebow and build an offense around him.

What coach would you hire if you are Mr. Johnson? Which coach would be best for Tim?

Gruden? He's always been supportive of Tim.
Urban? Would he dare bail on OSU?
Dungy? He's cut from the same cloth as Tim.

Who else?
Last edited by GatorTAG on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Queen wrote:I miss basketball just so you negative tards couldn't complain as much.
GatorTAG
Head Ball Coach

Re: Tebow's Future

Postby kcgator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Tebow's future is in politics or charity work.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby rogdochar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 pm

I worry that this injustice is true = Tim Tebow may need rehabilitation
after all the compost of negativity heaped on him, never-ending from
his even before his NFL beginning.

Granted ,Tim will best rehab himself on the field of play. But how do
you lead players who despise you for fan notoriety & unwarranted
publicity ?

Tim's best opportunity would be with a better team whose 1st QB
gets injured & out many games. Then Tim comes in & succeeds.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Re: Tebow's Future Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Tebow's best opportunity might really be to just make the switch to a fullback/Hback type player...he is talented enough to make the switch. Not saying he wouldn't ever make it in the NFL but he's a long shot at best and it's seriously doubtful that anyone will ever try and build a team around him.
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby alcoholica » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 pm

I was hoping the Jags would trade for Tebow and then Kaepernick, San Fran's backup from Nevada. That would give you 2 guys who could run a QB running friendly system. I also hoped that Gabbert would've been worked in one of those trades. I think Gabbert had more trade value before this year than he will at the end. Tebow would've played plenty and so long as people filled the stands, he would be justified in starting. I agree with everyone else that his future isn't football, but he's got some yrs left in him, and he's exciting to watch. Not like the Jags were going to win anyway.
alcoholica
Heisman Gator

Postby ufgator812. » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm

kcgator wrote:Tebow's future is in politics or charity work.

or perhaps he could become a Mohel.
"Victory at all cost. Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." --Winston Churchill
May 13, 1940 GOD BLESS
ufgator812.
Heisman Gator

Postby Wild Horse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:11 pm

chip kelly
Wild Horse
Freshman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm

alcoholica wrote:I was hoping the Jags would trade for Tebow and then Kaepernick, San Fran's backup from Nevada. That would give you 2 guys who could run a QB running friendly system.

Guys, no NFL team is going to adopt the middle school offense.

Tebow either learns to pass or he's a fullback.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Himey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I think people forget that Tebow did quite well in the passing department as it relates to other great QB's at that stage of their career.

Steve Young said it best in the recent Tebow documentary on the NFL Network when he stated that if a team is willing to give Tebow the support and platform he needs to excel as a quarterback, he has no doubt that he will be very successful. The question is...will a team be willing to make an investment? The media is both helpful and harmful to Tebow towards this end.
Himey
All-American Gator

Postby ATXGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Tebow needs to focus on improving his passing. He is not a good enough passer to succeed in the NFL, he is not even an average passer at this point.

Tim needs to spend as much time as possible improving his accuracy and release speed and then he can be successful. Doesn't matter who the coach is.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ShadowGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Put Tebow on the field as a FB... basically gives you two QB options on every play. Having him as a Wildcat QB is stupid because he only comes in on run plays anyways, not much threat to be a passer. But having him in as a FB allows Sanchez to either throw it, hand it off to Tebow as in a Wildcat play, or give to Tebow who could then also turn around and throw it. That would be similar to when a WR in the NFL throws a pass on occasion...
ShadowGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Scott512 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 pm

kcgator wrote:Tebow's future is in politics or charity work.
I like the sound of councilman Tebow or govenor Tebow. :D As for Tim's next coach with the Jets I would be happy with Gruden or Dungy. Actually I hope Tim ends up in Jacksonville in the offseason after the new Jags owner shows us something by cleaning house of his horrid personnel department. The new Jags coach has an offenseive mind and would find ways to use Tebow even if Tim wasn't the starting QB next season. To me the Jets have an even bigger viper pit than what Tebow had to deal with in Denver. That is sad. :(
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:24 pm

alcoholica wrote:I was hoping the Jags would trade for Tebow and then Kaepernick, San Fran's backup from Nevada. That would give you 2 guys who could run a QB running friendly system. I also hoped that Gabbert would've been worked in one of those trades. I think Gabbert had more trade value before this year than he will at the end. Tebow would've played plenty and so long as people filled the stands, he would be justified in starting. I agree with everyone else that his future isn't football, but he's got some yrs left in him, and he's exciting to watch. Not like the Jags were going to win anyway.

You realize that's not true, right?
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum