Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cover2, dz_23, Gatorious, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MJMGator, MSNbot Media, NoGaGator, swampfuel, Wait ’til next year, Yahoo [Bot] and 82 guests

UK Basketball

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

UK Basketball

Postby Mr2Bits » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 am

Anyone else find it weird that Calipari is acting like he was surprised his team was even within 10 of Duke tonight? His comments about how they should be pretty crappy right now were surprising.

Am I missing something or has he forgotten that Kentucky consists of all freshmen every year? They all expect to leave after this year so there is no real point about talking about how their freshmen kept within 10 of Duke tonight and how great they can be.
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Re: UK Basketball

Postby NVGator » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:45 am

Yes his teams typically consist of One and Dones, but they are tyically right the till the end, just as tonight.

So no, I'm not surprised. Matter of fact, I had money on UK on the ML. Duke was only a 3 pt. favorite.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:26 am

I'm surprised they only lost by ten considering so many of these guys were in high school or on a playground within the last few months. They'll improve as they get some PT together.

The test will always be how they play defense against teams that have enough offense to stay with them on the scoreboard. Good defense takes time and experience as a team. This game is a case in point and template for beating the Cats with their one-and-done hot dog offensive.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 pm

We should be ale to beat the cats pretty good this year, I think we win the conference.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:10 am

Swamp82 wrote:We should be ale to beat the cats pretty good this year, I think we win the conference.

Agree. Uf should win the conference and go deep in March. Especially if Young decides to play like a NBA caliber guy.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:04 am

I don't like "one and done" type college sports. Therefore, we need to take a team like ours, with guys from all classes and whoop em'.

I feel good about our team...oh yea
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 am

They hung over 50 on a subpar team last night, I ain't scared.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby The_AlphaGator1906 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:33 am

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:
Swamp82 wrote:We should be ale to beat the cats pretty good this year, I think we win the conference.

Agree. Uf should win the conference and go deep in March. Especially if Young decides to play like a NBA caliber guy.

+2! We have grown men that are 21-22 years old across the board. Murphy-Senior, Young-Junior, Rosario-Senior, Boynton-Senior. Not only that, they all have deep tourney experience. We should be poised to spank the Wildcats even with our lack of depth based on experience alone. It all comes down to passion, defense and the will to win. Hopefully this team has all three of those and the rest will take care of itself.
"Do you like it? Do you think Cleveland is cool? I mean, I never heard anybody say I'm going to Cleveland on vacation. What's so good a bout Cleveland?"-Joakim Noah
The_AlphaGator1906
Heisman Gator

Postby GatoradeNE1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 am

They weren't all freshman last year. They had a few upperclassman which translates to locker-room leadership. This squad is all new and has no leadership.

Plus, he's motivating. Telling young talented guys with no leadership how great they are all the time is going to make them bad. He wants them to know they're not good enough, so that they'll listen and learn. His plan is to be good at the end of the season, not now. To my dislike, I'm guessing it's going to work out for him just fine.
GatoradeNE1
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum