Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 15 guests

Need a Passing QB? Will Grier in the Pipeline

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Need a Passing QB? Will Grier in the Pipeline

Postby mtn2top » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

With all of the attention on our offense and the need for better passing, here's a trigger man who's in the Gator pipeline - Will Grier. If these stats stand up he'll have the HS record for a single game with 837 yards and ten touchdowns! Check out this game score at 104-80. No that's some offense!

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/maxwire-national-blog/SvKwkFEhuUudSpTq-vQnQg/will-grier-throws-for-national-record-774-yards;-davidson-day-beats-harrells-christian-academy-104-80.htm
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Re: Need a Passing QB? Will Grier in the Pipeline

Postby I Have No Friends :( » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Does his HS play in an arena football rules league? :eek:
gatorpe wrote:Urb is a low life lying lover jilting big ten dBAG.

I Have No Friends :(
Bull Gator

Postby IDGAC » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Why would any pass-happy QB want to come play in this dumpster fire offense?
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I personally would love to see a passing QB at UF again.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby rogdochar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe he has "the magic touch". He lists UF as one of his interests.
He's a junior. His Dad is coach (like Elway?). He's near 6'2'', 190 lbs.
It would be fine to get a natural gunslinger. Just don't take any
defensive recruits from that league.
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BSJGator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

IDGAC wrote:Why would any pass-happy QB want to come play in this dumpster fire offense?

Why don't you ask Brissett or Driskell, they were both pretty good passers in high school and they chose to attend UF... :rolleyes:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm

BSJGator wrote:
IDGAC wrote:Why would any pass-happy QB want to come play in this dumpster fire offense?

Why don't you ask Brissett or Driskell, they were both pretty good passers in high school and they chose to attend UF... :rolleyes:

Yes and that was before we knew the offense was going to be a dumpster fire.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby jereed » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby Kilzyo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm

GatorKen wrote:I personally would love to see a passing QB at UF again.

I would love to see a passing game at UF again.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 pm

I'd love to see first downs on a regular basis.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Since65 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am

Going to see Grier play in person Friday night. Davidson takes on unbeaten Christ School in Asheville for the state championship. They compete at what would probably be 1A level in Florida High school classes...maybe 2A.

Scouting report to follow ;)
Since65
Senior Gator

Postby ATXGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 am

I'd love to see the team win! Oh, wait 9 - 1. Pretty great season so far.
"You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

ATXGator
Heisman Gator

Postby ShadowGator » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I would like to see the offense throw the ball more than 20 yards at least 5 times a game... doesn't matter if it is caught or not, just do it to keep the defense honest.

Having the defense play within 5 yards of the LoS every play because that is the deepest pass we normally make is ridiculous.
ShadowGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorspook » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Hard to predict how these kids will translate to college.
gatorspook

Postby NavetG8r » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

ShadowGator wrote:I would like to see the offense throw the ball more than 20 yards at least 5 times a game... doesn't matter if it is caught or not, just do it to keep the defense honest.

Having the defense play within 5 yards of the LoS every play because that is the deepest pass we normally make is ridiculous.

If you aren't completing them, there's no threat. It won't back the defense out of the box. You have to complete some passes that beat the safeties and make them pay the price for cheating up on you. You can't complete those kind of passes if you don't have at least 3 seconds of a clean pocket so your receivers can run that far. And even then the pass has to be accurate. So many more factors come into play than just the QB, but yes, it would be wonderful if the Gators had a QB that could consistently hit a moving receiver 15+ yards down the field. Even when Jacoby completed the pass to Reed late in the game last Saturday, it was thrown short and Reed had to stop and wait for the ball. Had it been thrown accurately, it would have been a touchdown. Of course we got the touchdown a play later, but the point is, with our offense, that's never a given.

If you watched the Pat Dooley Show today, and yes I know a lot of guys on this forum hate him, but he made a very good point about why the Gator offense is so bad. It's a multitude of reasons all combined, that's causing this terrible and inefficient offense. Little of it has to do with the QB, although neither QB on our roster is good enough to make up for all the other problems. Even if you hate Pat Dooley, you should at least go pull up the show and scroll to his 5 things segment toward the end of the program.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby tillsb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:31 pm

NavetG8r wrote:
ShadowGator wrote:I would like to see the offense throw the ball more than 20 yards at least 5 times a game... doesn't matter if it is caught or not, just do it to keep the defense honest.

If you aren't completing them, there's no threat. It won't back the defense out of the box. You have to complete some passes that beat the safeties and make them pay the price for cheating up on you. You can't complete those kind of passes if you don't have at least 3 seconds of a clean pocket so your receivers can run that far. And even then the pass has to be accurate. So many more factors come into play than just the QB, but yes, it would be wonderful if the Gators had a QB that could consistently hit a moving receiver 15+ yards down the field. Even when Jacoby completed the pass to Reed late in the game last Saturday, it was thrown short and Reed had to stop and wait for the ball. Had it been thrown accurately, it would have been a touchdown. Of course we got the touchdown a play later, but the point is, with our offense, that's never a given.

If you watched the Pat Dooley Show today, and yes I know a lot of guys on this forum hate him, but he made a very good point about why the Gator offense is so bad. It's a multitude of reasons all combined, that's causing this terrible and inefficient offense. Little of it has to do with the QB, although neither QB on our roster is good enough to make up for all the other problems. Even if you hate Pat Dooley, you should at least go pull up the show and scroll to his 5 things segment toward the end of the program.

Hey I don't hate Pat Dooley. I just refuse to read his articles because I don't think he's a good writer. Hate implies that I have something against him. I would probably enjoy enjoying a beer with him and talking sports.
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:43 pm

tillsb wrote:Hey I don't hate Pat Dooley. I just refuse to read his articles because I don't think he's a good writer. Hate implies that I have something against him. I would probably enjoy enjoying a beer with him and talking sports.

Living in North Carolina, I can't afford to be too choosy about the source I get my Gator fix from. Around here all you see or hear is ACC talk. So even what I get to listen to or read from Pat Dooley is very much appreciated.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby Rotagswerd » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:07 pm

We already have 2 good passers. We need a couple of good offensive tackles and at least 1 good WR.
The best part of having 2 good passing QB's is if Driskel goes down Morningweg won't throw it to the wrong team.
Rotagswerd
Baby Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:53 pm

Need a o line got one?
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Rotagswerd » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Swamp82 wrote:Need a o line got one?

Looks like that is in the works for next year. Now if we can get one WR who can get open we will be a force next year. Don't forget we will be able to run more double TE sets with Reed, Taylor and a healthy Thompson.
Rotagswerd
Baby Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum