Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ReelGatorDoc and 42 guests

Brissett

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Brissett

Postby WestSideGata » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 pm

This is a huge opportunity for Brissett on Saturday and I do think he will capitalize on it. I believe that he is the better thrower, so he could easily throw for over 200 yards and three touchdowns on Saturday. Then what? Are we back to quarterback controversy going into FSU?
WestSideGata
True Gator

Re: Brissett

Postby NVGator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Nope, unless Driskel can't play at all. If he's able, Driskel will start for FSU. Plus, FSU has struggled with a dual threat QB all season.

Driskel gives us our best chance.
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 am

Agreed
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby -THE DUDE- » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:33 am

WestSideGata wrote:This is a huge opportunity for Brissett on Saturday and I do think he will capitalize on it. I believe that he is the better thrower, so he could easily throw for over 200 yards and three touchdowns on Saturday. Then what? Are we back to quarterback controversy going into FSU?

so throwing for 200 yards against an fcs team warrants a qb controversy heading into a road game against fsu? over a qb that has helped uf to a 9-1 record against the #1 schedule in the country? that's brilliant!!! good i love this board :lol: :lol: :lol:
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Hoosier Gator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 am

We've already hashed this over in the other thread that's 10 pages long.
Hoosier Gator
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorKen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 am

if Driskel can play he'll hand the ball off time and time again. We won't see a game this year where our coaches make our QB actually throw the ball a bit to work on our passing game. Then in the spring we'll see a game where the ball is thrown around like beads at Marti gras and who knows what then.
oxrageous wrote:Ken and I are now officially best friends.

I want an OC with the mentality of a High School Jr on Prom night rather than a guy who's been married 20 years and has 4 children.
GatorKen
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 am

We'll watch on Saturday that Brissett holds the ball too long and then scrambles to his right only to throw the ball into triple coverage. He's a pocket passer that gets antsy and rolls to his right on every throw.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am

Sure I would love to see our offense get better production but JD if healthy will start at Ron Zook Field. Even with the struggles the offense has I will take a 9-1 handing the ball off team than what we had last year.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby gatordad3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:55 am

After the Vols game, not one word comes out of the Brissett lovers/sympathizers. He comes in for an injured Driskel, now people come on this board to say Brissett was the better QB all along. :rolleyes:
Un freakin believable!
Last edited by gatordad3 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
gatordad3
Heisman Gator

Postby wfoster314 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 am

I don't think anyone is saying Brissett is a better quarterback. We have one of the least productive offenses in the entire country. People just want to see us throw the ball down field. Maybe the players we have are actually better suited for that kind of play.
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby UGator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 am

In my opinion, one of the primary reasons that Driskel won the QB job over Brissett is because of mobility,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe the coaches knew our OL wasn't that talented and a pocket passer would be maimed over the course of a season.
Jacoby can play, has a downfield mentality, and might help the receivers show more interest in being a receiver. Right now, we are very average and limited talent could be a major part of this also.
All the above applies if Jacoby can remain uninjured while he's out there......or back comes Jeff who can outrun most of the rushers.
UGator
Freshman Gator

Postby UGator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:26 am

Another aspect to all of this, our HC and DC are defensive minded coaches, and one can only wonder if our OC has flexibility to be more creative and not so obvious----almost every team we've played seems to know what's coming, we are just too predictable.
Sideline to sideline screens, draws, any kind of plays that won't allow those opposing DL's to tee off on Gillislee or Jeff or Jacoby,,,keep those big guys moving, guessing, and tire them out some!
And, Jeff will eventually learn to avoid needless sacks.
UGator
Freshman Gator

Postby travy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 am

i'm excited we get to see the kid play. i know everyone is scared of the dreaded "QB CONTROVERSY!!!!!" but i think it's fascinating given the different things they each bring to the table. it's entirely possible that driskell is the best starter for this year's team and brissett for years ahead. who knows?

but what i do know is that both kids are class acts and brissett will always be a great gator to me for the way he's handled the back up roll this season and the way he came in last saturday and made big time plays to save a game and then handled himself like a grown up in the interviews afterward.

i like both these guys. let's let 'em play and see what works. i think they can handle the competition.
travy
True Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:37 am

I thought I read where FSU has already won the NC and we don't need a championship game?>?>?

Jimbo said
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator-DNA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:14 am

ReelGatorDoc wrote:I thought I read where FSU has already won the NC and we don't need a championship game?>?>?

Jimbo said

This is correct, Jimbo said they passed the eye test way back against Murray St.
Gator-DNA
Senior Gator

Postby electricg8r » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 am

I would rather see a 9-1 team with Driskel with a #1 proven schedule record than, lets see if our other QB can play. The people on this board becomes clueless. Last year everyone is upset because we couldn't manage our games and pull out close wins. This year, we have proved to pull out close wins and now some turn into a Dumbo Fisher, lets pass the eye test. Nonsense I say, play with what works, we only lost to a team because it was a tough run in the schedule. We will all be rested and ready for the clowns come next weekend and our proven QB will take us to a win, like he has done many other times.

We want ot be a tough team and slap people in the mouth, you can't do that passing the eye test, only like our brothern, LSU and AL. Get out their let people know what your going to do and out coach and play your opponent. That is what we all wanted, we got it and now it has changed, unbelievable.

:madevil:
electricg8r
Baby Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:04 am

Are we replacing the OL and WRs?? In that case, Brissett will warm the bench when we play FSU. JD is our best QB with our current OL and WR situation.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Postby kcgator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 am

NVGator wrote:Nope, unless Driskel can't play at all. If he's able, Driskel will start for FSU. Plus, FSU has struggled with a dual threat QB all season.

Have you even watched our games this year? Driskel is HARDLY a dual threat.
kcgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Flaglergator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

How many TD and 1st down passes have been either dropped or called back because of penalties ? We need overall improvment in several areas of the passing game, including fewer penalties on 3rd down plays. The problem is not just with the QBs.
Flaglergator
True Gator

Postby G8RNGA » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am

kcgator wrote:
NVGator wrote:Nope, unless Driskel can't play at all. If he's able, Driskel will start for FSU. Plus, FSU has struggled with a dual threat QB all season.

Have you even watched our games this year? Driskel is HARDLY a dual threat.

He does have 424 rushing yards with 4 TDs and 1324 passing yards with 10 TDs. Everyone talks about Manziel's running ability (rightfully so), but his percentage of rushing is 27% compared to Driskel of 24%. Manziel is putting up bigger numbers, but the point is that both are dual threat. You can't say one is and the other isn't when you look at the stats. If Driskel had TAMU's O-line and WRs, the same may be true for him. The QB is not the problem at UF.
G8RNGA
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum