Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ancient Reptile, Clawhammergator, divits888, f18bundy, g8rbob, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, mtn2top and 52 guests

Purifoy

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Purifoy

Postby whtstrp58 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Have they tried Purifoy on the "jet" sweep?

Since Patton went out, we haven't forced the defense to cover sideline to sideline. Hines is solid and tough to bring down, but doesn't seem to outrun defenders to the edge.

I realize that the current #15 can't be in on every play- or can he. He is that guy! He has made so many HUGE plays all over the field that I can't imagine where we'd be without him.

I say give him a couple of shots at it this week and have it ready to go for Fsux.
:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:
Gatorhater Hater since 1980
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator

Re: Purifoy

Postby BoomTown » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I wasn't sold on Purifoy early in the season. He missed several coverages, gave up some plays, and looked like a n00b at times, but I've certainly changed my mind. He's got skills and a lot of heart.

I like your idea except don't use it this week. Save it for early 2nd Qtr in the erector set.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 pm

The problem with this plan is you are taking your #2 cb and stud special teams player and putting more on his plate. I'm not sure he's that much better than a few other options to warrant the risk of it taking a tole on his overall game. I do agree with the point on Hines though. Maybe try Pittman there?
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby G8RByte » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm

ltraz wrote:The problem with this plan is you are taking your #2 cb and stud special teams player and putting more on his plate. I'm not sure he's that much better than a few other options to warrant the risk of it taking a tole on his overall game. I do agree with the point on Hines though. Maybe try Pittman there?

+1
Reporter "What do you think about your team's execution?". John McKay "I'm all for it".
G8RByte
Heisman Gator

Postby g8torhed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm

I say dump the jet sweep. Never have liked that play. :razz:
g8torhed
Heisman Gator

Postby heversle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm

ltraz wrote:The problem with this plan is you are taking your #2 cb and stud special teams player and putting more on his plate. I'm not sure he's that much better than a few other options to warrant the risk of it taking a tole on his overall game. I do agree with the point on Hines though. Maybe try Pittman there?

Yeah, what happened to Pittman? Granted, he's a Freshmen, but I thought he was supposed to be a factor in the passing game this year. He certainly seemed physical enough to compete in the SEC at around 6'0 200 lbs. For whatever reason, he hasn't made a significant play since the Spring game. Is he redshirting?
heversle
Head Ball Coach

Postby soflagator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 pm

With Riggs hurt, I don't think we can risk LP's health using him on offense.

The obvious answer to the jet-sweep is Debose. I'm sure they've entertained the idea with his speed. My only concern with him is he may not remember to turn the corner and just plow into our sidelines, inuring dozens. :embarrassed:
soflagator
Bull Gator

Postby whtstrp58 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 am

Game 3 or 4 of the season, yea sure, find another guy and let Purifoy do what he does as a CB and Special Teamer.
Game 12, at Tally, nothing to lose. With all due respect, Gilly, Reed, and Burton seem to be waiting for somebody else to make a play.
If we add him to the current list of "playmakers" on the offense, the list would swell to.... 1.

Go Gators!
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 am

If its the speed there looking for go ahead and use him in the refsu game just not next weekend it "Shouldn't" be needed.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:29 am

whtstrp58 wrote:

Game 3 or 4 of the season, yea sure, find another guy and let Purifoy do what he does as a CB and Special Teamer.
Game 12, at Tally, nothing to lose. With all due respect, Gilly, Reed, and Burton seem to be waiting for somebody else to make a play.
If we add him to the current list of "playmakers" on the offense, the list would swell to.... 1.

Go Gators!

Good pt. It could still make him less effective in the other aspects of his game and, with how good he's been, I just don't think we can afford it. I would rather him be fresh to cover kickoffs and prevent returns. Next year btw Watkins and the hopeful emergence of Poole and/or VH3, I would love to see Purifoy get 15 snaps a game on O.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby whtstrp58 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:50 am

Can't argue that, but if we show it this week it will be a good rehearsal for him and more importantly, it will give FSUx one more thing to plan for- whether we use it against them or not. I guarantee if/when he lines up as WR in Tally, they will have maximum sphincter tone since they know he's a "PLAYMAKER" !
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator

Postby TN G8tr » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:48 am

whtstrp58 wrote:Can't argue that, but if we show it this week it will be a good rehearsal for him and more importantly, it will give FSUx one more thing to plan for- whether we use it against them or not. I guarantee if/when he lines up as WR in Tally, they will have maximum sphincter tone since they know he's a "PLAYMAKER" !

It sure would give them something to think about. I don't think it would add too much mentally on him to give him a sweep to run and line up at WR and run a fly route. The main issue is exposure and if he got hurt playing offense. But then again you can't play effectively if you're worried about getting hurt. But I do support not playing him if we are thin in the secondary.

Early in the season I was pretty hard on LP. Seems he could not make a play without running his mouth and making sure that he stood and played to the crowd to make sure they saw what he had done. I will give him credit he has gotten better. Maybe it was that hit by Elam in the LSU game that got his attention. If not, I'm sure Champ did, maybe both.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby ReelGatorDoc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 am

I think the coaches are holding back on what we really have, saving it for next year
It's Great to be a Florida GATOR!
ReelGatorDoc
Head Ball Coach

Postby gatorJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 am

soflagator wrote:With Riggs hurt, I don't think we can risk LP's health using him on offense.

The obvious answer to the jet-sweep is Debose. I'm sure they've entertained the idea with his speed. My only concern with him is he may not remember to turn the corner and just plow into our sidelines, inuring dozens. :embarrassed:

He was supposed to replace Patton but he's been injured as well since that game. Hopefully he's back for FSux.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 am

Purifoy should stay on defense and ST.
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorBart » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm

heversle wrote:

Yeah, what happened to Pittman? Granted, he's a Freshmen, but I thought he was supposed to be a factor in the passing game this year. He certainly seemed physical enough to compete in the SEC at around 6'0 200 lbs. For whatever reason, he hasn't made a significant play since the Spring game. Is he redshirting?

It's tough for any freshman to come in and be productive. Even tougher given our conservative play calling. Plus, we have at least 3 WRs with 3 or more years of college experience who are comparable in size and ability. I also believe LP has played too many games this year to have a RS option. Hope he continues to work hard for the future, because we've got a foursome of good WRs coming in next year that will be ready to compete for PT.
GatorBart
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

WobbleGator wrote:Purifoy should stay on defense and ST.

This
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gulfstream » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Gatorbythebay wrote:

This

Sweet mother of Jesus ! Please tell me that the picture in your sig was photoshoped ?
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby Gatorbythebay » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Gulfstream wrote:
Gatorbythebay wrote:

This

Sweet mother of Jesus ! Please tell me that the picture in your sig was photoshoped ?

I sure hope so! I started crying when I saw this and had to use it.
Gatorbythebay
Head Ball Coach

Postby whtstrp58 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:32 pm

You're right- the offense doesn't need any help. All the TDs and big plays are getting a little monotonous, so we might as well not try to score any more. Besides Sturgis needs to rest his leg and all of those PATs are taking a toll on him- not to mention the holder. Hell, why don't we just punt on first down. Of course, that would get #15 plenty of shots a big plays. Hmmmmmmmm.

He is our best playmaker. Get him on the field more. So what if he gets hurt or tired, or Elam drills him again, or we have to rotate another CB in.... isn't that why we have backups?

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum