Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoomTown, dz_23, GatorBart, Google [Bot], lagator, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, TheDouglas78, Yahoo [Bot] and 69 guests

Per ESPN, we are out of BCS bowl consideration...

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Per ESPN, we are out of BCS bowl consideration...

Postby Deuce Coupe » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 am

You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Re: Per ESPN, we are out of BCS bowl consideration...

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:29 am

He is full of it I think but I didnt watch the video. We will be # 4 BCS at least if we beat FSU and that is an auto spot as long as you dont have a conference team in the BCSCG and dont have another conference team ranked # 3.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am

If we win, we're in.

They will not take a 2 loss Bama or uga team over a 1 loss Gator team. The SEC will get two teams, we always do.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 am

Homer J wrote:If we win, we're in.

They will not take a 2 loss Bama or uga team over a 1 loss Gator team. The SEC will get two teams, we always do.

Just saw it now - he has them taking A&M but they cant take A&m over a #4 Florida if we beat FSU. Win and In for us basically is how I read the BCS rules.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby DetroitGator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:38 am

Im pretty sure he's assuming we lose to FSU and are a 2 loss team when the picks are made.
DetroitGator
Bull Gator

Postby mtn2top » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am

That's Brad Edward's opinion, not ESPN per se.

We are the second SEC team chosen IF we win out - along with Alabama or Georgia. There's no way a two-loss A&M (that we defeated) jumps us in that scenario.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby GolfinDawg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am

Of course they will take A&M. Aggies have the most excitable QB in football and a lot more national and regional appeal in the southwest. (Fiesta Bowl) UF doesnt travel unless theyre playing for all the marbles. See 2009 Sugar bowl. Hell UF doesnt travel to Gainesville to watch conference games. Bowl games dont care about who beat who, only butts in seats and heads in beds.
GolfinDawg
Freshman Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 am

They're also assuming we lose to FSU and UGA beats Bama. Hell, Brad Edwards has Bama in the Outback Bowl, for chrissakes. :lol:
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am

GolfinDawg wrote:Of course they will take A&M. Aggies have the most excitable QB

Methinks this dwag needs a dictionary.

No team wants an excitable QB.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am

law98gator wrote:
GolfinDawg wrote:Of course they will take A&M. Aggies have the most excitable QB

Methinks this dwag needs a dictionary.

No team wants an excitable QB.

Tebow was excitable.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby GolfinDawg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 am

South Ga education failed me there.
GolfinDawg
Freshman Gator

Postby scooby321 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am

According to ESPN Phil Jackson is the coach of the Lakers.
scooby321
Heisman Gator

Postby jereed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 am

While Manziel is Mr Excitement and will draw some eyes to the tube, I wonder if the OU/aTm scenario plays to a broad enough audience. I would think UF is more of a national/known brand to draw ratings points.
Rebel, take a vacation.
jereed
Head Ball Coach

Postby mrgator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 am

I think the Gators are BCS bound if we win out. The air is partially out of the Gator-Media love but that will be restored if we beat FSU. It will be a Top 10 rivalry game and I'd challenge someone to pick a bigger game that weekend save USC/Neuter Dame?

I think the bloom will be back on the rose if we beat a top 10, pre-season national title contending FSU team. Plus we will move ahead in the rankings over whichever SEC team loses the SECCG. I think the SEC will still get two teams into the BCS bowls and UF would be the number 2 choice behind the SECCG winner.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorgi » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:03 pm

This Gator Football Team, while exciting and fun to watch (Special Teams & Defense), is not exactly B.C.S. material. The Gators need to improve greatly for a shot at a 'B.C.S. Bowl game', in my opinion. This team is much improved from last year's team, but the Offensive line's struggles have been painful to watch. In my opinion (again), this team will end up in 'Orlando or Tampa-town, and I am cool with that... it will be extra-incentive to work hard'er' in the off-season... and the Eastern Championship 'in hand', should nearly always dictate a B.C.S. Bowl birth or not. But with the 'new system' coming in 2014, the Gators need to shoot for this type of season (1 loss could get in Final 4) at a minimum, and the EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP as the gold standard (of course).
I would much rather see Florida thump a Texas team in Tampa, than get thumped by a feisty Notre Dame 'D' in New Orleans... as Florida's 'O' is still another year away from manifesting some real magic... again!
GO GATORS!
gatorgi
Baby Gator

Postby mrgator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:16 pm

gatorgi wrote:This Gator Football Team, while exciting and fun to watch (Special Teams & Defense), is not exactly B.C.S. material. The Gators need to improve greatly for a shot at a 'B.C.S. Bowl game', in my opinion. This team is much improved from last year's team, but the Offensive line's struggles have been painful to watch. In my opinion (again), this team will end up in 'Orlando or Tampa-town, and I am cool with that... it will be extra-incentive to work hard'er' in the off-season... and the Eastern Championship 'in hand', should nearly always dictate a B.C.S. Bowl birth or not. But with the 'new system' coming in 2014, the Gators need to shoot for this type of season (1 loss could get in Final 4) at a minimum, and the EASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP as the gold standard (of course).
I would much rather see Florida thump a Texas team in Tampa, than get thumped by a feisty Notre Dame 'D' in New Orleans... as Florida's 'O' is still another year away from manifesting some real magic... again!
GO GATORS!

A rogdochar disciple perhaps? :eek: ;)

Point in fact is that we wouldn't play Texas in the Cap One or Outback Bowls. Both are tied in with SEC/Big 10. We'd play Braskie, Michigan or the like.

I also don't agree with your point. I think we've struggled of late but we've beaten 3 very good teams in TAMU, USCe and LSU. We were also very much in the UGA game until the end. We've got the talent to beat most teams if not every team in the country on any given Saturday. That to me is a BCS type team. Are we as good as Oregon or K State? Probably not. But I think we would beat Notre Dame and we'd have a fighting chance against Bama and Oregon and Kansas St, IMO.
mrgator
Heisman Gator

Postby MJMGator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

I have come to the conclusion that we can beat anyone in the country if we get a decent effort from the offense. That said, we can also lose to about half the teams in the country when our offense plays like they have the past three weeks. Our defense and special teams are arguably the best in the land. Offense? Offensive!
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby electricg8r » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:31 pm

^ this + 1
electricg8r
Baby Gator

Postby JoeGator96 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

mrgator wrote:I think the Gators are BCS bound if we win out. The air is partially out of the Gator-Media love but that will be restored if we beat FSU. It will be a Top 10 rivalry game and I'd challenge someone to pick a bigger game that weekend save USC/Neuter Dame?

I think the bloom will be back on the rose if we beat a top 10, pre-season national title contending FSU team. Plus we will move ahead in the rankings over whichever SEC team loses the SECCG. I think the SEC will still get two teams into the BCS bowls and UF would be the number 2 choice behind the SECCG winner.

Your logic is sound plus we would be the team who defeated 4 out of 5 BCS teams played. That would clearly put us in the top 5 assuming those ranked ahead win out and we jump the loser of bama/ UGA.

Here is where the problem lies. The selection would be as an at-large birth, one of which goes to ND if they are 3rd in the standings leaving 3 births. The individual bowls get to choose and their choice does not mandate picking the highest ranked team. Recently, largely due to the 2010 rendition of the Sugar Bowl where neither school sold its allotment, the bowls select the best travelling fans vs the best match-up.

We could go anywhere from Cotton Bowl down to Outback Bowl with the second best record in the SEC. Sad but possible.
RebelGator wrote:Also, you're ignorant enough to think 46 is a conservative. His/her posts reek of liberal elitism and condescending pseudo intellectualism...much like your own liberal trash.
JoeGator96
Head Ball Coach

Postby BSJGator » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 pm

GolfinDawg wrote:South Ga education failed me there.

It wasn't as if we didn't notice, or anything.... :lol:
BSJGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum