Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, soflagator, t-gator and 47 guests

Dooley at some point in time will be fired by UT

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Dooley at some point in time will be fired by UT

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Way to screw this one up interwebz. Still gotta believe the man gets canned before it's all said and done.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Re: Dooley Fired at UT

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Link?
Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm

From Wes Rucker at 247sports:

For some reason, there seems to be some confusion as to what we've reported.

Nothing has changed today since we said last night that according to multiple sources, the dye has been cast, and it's not a matter of "if" but "when" the Vols part ways with Dooley.

You probably won't hear Hart come out and say anything for a bit longer, but yesterday's loss sealed it — according to multiple sources.
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby oxrageous » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm

oxrageous

Postby gatordad » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I feel sorta bad...and then I remember his dad and all the cr@p he did to UF and I feel better! So, buh bye...loser
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm hearing it from insiders not necessarily media yet. Either way their season is over and they'll need to start on that search ASAP so I have a feeling we'll hear about something within the next few days
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 pm

It's being reported by Volquest that he's out at the end of the year. They're the ones with the original report and sources.
http://tennessee.rivals.com/barrier_noe ... &mid=&rid=

Lots of talk about this also.

Rumors of John Gruden to take over Dooley’s position have been swirling across the Internet for weeks. Dooley succeeded Lane Kiffin who succeeded Phillip Fulmer.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:59 pm

¡Me gusta!
John Wooden

Coach9 wrote:8-4 Should always be considered a bad year at Florida. That should be our lower limit. Undefeated down to 8-4 should be our window.
NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby -THE DUDE- » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:01 pm

gruden is linked to every job opening at every level of football and it's always a done deal...will believe it when i see it
-THE DUDE-
Head Ball Coach

Postby Redneck G8tor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Gruden has never coached at the college level...... why would anyone want to take a chance on him?
Gravity always wins!
Redneck G8tor
True Gator

Postby Slevin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:03 pm

FunnGun wrote:It's being reported by Volquest that he's out at the end of the year. They're the ones with the original report and sources.

Rumors of John Gruden to take over Dooley’s position have been swirling across the Internet for weeks. Dooley succeeded Lane Kiffin who succeeded Phillip Fulmer.

It would be cool to go up against Chucky but I have my doubts on his ability to recruit and develop players.
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby NVGator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Frank Frangie seems to believe Gruden is a done deal. He's been saying that for a whole.
John Wooden

NVGator
Bull Gator

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I have mixed feelings about this.

1. I love the reality setting in for the vol$ and especially the trolls that their "savior" is a complete joke (again). I also enjoy the karma that vince dooly must endure.

2. On the other hand, I think d dooly would've built a very solid team that would finish #3 or #4 in the East behind UF, uga and usce most years. We could've seen another 3-4 years of "patience" by the AD if dooly won a few more games this year, guaranteeing the UF win streak over the vol$ would continue for a while. If they go back to La Tech and get Sonny Dykes, or sell their last shred of self respect and get petrino, they might become a threat.

I'm hoping they get another loser to build upon the foundation that kiffy and dooly have established.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Dooley slams cane into ground with both hands.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Slevin wrote:
FunnGun wrote:It's being reported by Volquest that he's out at the end of the year. They're the ones with the original report and sources.

It would be cool to go up against Chucky but I have my doubts on his ability to recruit and develop players.

Me too. I think he can ride his popularity in recruiting until he, or the kids realize he's just hot air. He's a great motivator but not program builder, which is what they need. Blow it up and start over.

There are strong rumors of him entering coaching again though. But he's rumored to go too every big job, pro and college. If Tenn is smart they wont reach for the shiney bait again.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby CGgater » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:13 pm

NVGator wrote:Frank Frangie seems to believe Gruden is a done deal. He's been saying that for a whole.

Browns fans and media are begging for Gruden ever since reports indicated he was looking for the right NFL opportunity. The Philly Eagles are considered to be the most attractive option, assuming Reid is gone by the end of the year (has that already happened?).

I think the vol$ are a reaching on this one.
CGgater
All-American Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 pm

If it looks bad now, there will be unbridled butt-chugging & couch burnings after Vandy kicks their azz.
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm

FunnGun wrote:If Tenn is smart they wont reach for the shiney bait again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Smart?

The first 30 or 40 targets laughed at them last time. At this point, they are just hoping to be able to lure anyone who has had any modicum of success.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby wfoster314 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Gruden proved that he can take over a team loaded with talent and win it all. Has he ever built a program into a winner? At any level? The guy is almost as overrated as Charlie Weiss was.
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby O&BGator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 pm

gatordad wrote:I feel sorta bad...and then I remember his dad and all the cr@p he did to UF and I feel better! So, buh bye...loser

:lol:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum