Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gatorgabe7, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], lumagator, t-gator, vulcan_alex, Yahoo [Bot] and 86 guests

2013 Pre-Season top 5

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

2013 Pre-Season top 5

Postby bleedsorangeandblue » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 pm

As of this moment, what would be your Top 5 teams coming into next season?
bleedsorangeandblue
Baby Gator

Re: 2013 Pre-Season top 5

Postby bleedsorangeandblue » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:58 pm

I think the SEC, including Texas A&M, will be well represented in the Top 5. Anyone disagree?
bleedsorangeandblue
Baby Gator

Postby rogdochar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:15 am

I disagree... you'll have to go Top 7 to get all the SEC teams in. :rolleyes:
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend

Postby bleedsorangeandblue » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:22 am

rogdochar wrote:I disagree... you'll have to go Top 7 to get all the SEC teams in. :rolleyes:

Very possible. My bad.
bleedsorangeandblue
Baby Gator

Postby flwgator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:29 am

bleedsorangeandblue wrote:I think the SEC, including Texas A&M, will be well represented in the Top 5. Anyone disagree?

A&M will lose a lot a talent to the NFL next year.

1.Alabama
2.Ohio State
3.Oregon
4. Florida
5. LSU
flwgator
Redshirt Gator

Postby Mus_champ11 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 am

flwgator wrote:
bleedsorangeandblue wrote:I think the SEC, including Texas A&M, will be well represented in the Top 5. Anyone disagree?

1.Alabama
2.Ohio State
3.Oregon
4. Florida
5. LSU

our defense wont be good enough next year. we'll be lucky to have 4 DT's
and none of them will any good. Our defense will not be the same at all next
year. if easely stays then we will have 1 good DT.
Mus_champ11
All-American Gator

Postby itsgr82bag8r » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 am

:facepalm:
Travis McGee wrote:The SEC is on its most dominate stretch its history, and Tennessee has played no part.

"its great to be a Tennessee fan" ..said no one ever
itsgr82bag8r
Bull Gator

Postby GBHOR » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 am

We wont be a top 5 team next year.....book it
GBHOR
All-American Gator

Postby wfoster314 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:46 am

Who cares where we're ranked. Just win, baby. If an SEC team is 7-1 in the conference, then they're in the top ten.
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Postby bleedsorangeandblue » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:05 pm

flwgator wrote:

1.Alabama
2.Ohio State
3.Oregon
4. Florida
5. LSU

If that is the case you may be right, but they should still have a pretty good offense. If Florida retains most of the defense then I agree they will be top 5.
bleedsorangeandblue
Baby Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Gotta throw FSwhew in there somewhere.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby bleedsorangeandblue » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Kurtis Lowe wrote:Gotta throw FSwhew in there somewhere.

f$u was only ranked high this year due to an easy schedule. They will not be top 10 next year and will be irrelevant for some time to come. Book it.
bleedsorangeandblue
Baby Gator

Postby jand3k » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Alabama
Notre Dame
Va Tech/FSU
USC
Ohio State

If past experience has anything to do w/it.
jand3k
Head Ball Coach

Postby GatorInKnox » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I think we're forgetting how many young guys we have that are contributing. Bullard and Fowler are playing significant time during meaningful snaps, not just mop up duty. I think they've had just as big an impact as Easley and Floyd did their Freshman season (if not more). Antonio Morrison was beastly when he filled in for Jelani while he was injured. We get RoPo back next year and by all accounts he was going to be the star of the defense based on his offseason and spring. We'll see how the knee holds up. The hardest guy to replace is going to be Elam in my opinion but our secondary is pretty young this year and could still be a strength again next year.

With the OL transfers coming in and Humphries and Dunker having another year to develop our offense should be significantly better. Especially if we can stay in the same system for more than a year. 3 OC's in 3 years explains a lot of why we are where we are on offense. If we can win out this year I really think we're a preseason top 5. Stupid I know but voters really look at how you finish the year before.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:22 pm

I'd add that Mack Brown has developed a bunch. He'll start and provide meaningful minutes at least early in the year.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Matt Jones has been a big disappointment to me. To be as big as he is he runs so soft but hopefully Brown, Taylor, and Lane can get it done
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Postby ltraz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Mus_champ11 wrote:
flwgator wrote:

1.Alabama
2.Ohio State
3.Oregon
4. Florida
5. LSU

You are very mistaken. We will run a lot more t 3-4 to get our best 11 on the field, but DT won't be as bad as you think. Orr has progressed very well and is basically 2b w/ Hunter right now. Easley will move back inside and Jacobs will stay in a reserve role. I'd be happy to write up a 2-deep or even 3-deep chart b/c it will look better than it has in years.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:39 pm

ltraz wrote:
Mus_champ11 wrote:
flwgator wrote:

1.Alabama
2.Ohio State
3.Oregon
4. Florida
5. LSU

You are very mistaken. We will run a lot more t 3-4 to get our best 11 on the field, but DT won't be as bad as you think. Orr has progressed very well and is basically 2b w/ Hunter right now. Easley will move back inside and Jacobs will stay in a reserve role. I'd be happy to write up a 2-deep or even 3-deep chart b/c it will look better than it has in years.

Can't help it...2-deep for next year. I do understand that its 2012, but the boss put on some show about finding sasquatches on tv and I'm bored. I'll stick with the D for now since that's what was pointed out. I see us running a lot of 3-4 next year to take advantage of our players' skills (we'll know by the spring game based off Orr's weight). Most glaring being Easley's comfort inside and the flexibility that RoPo and Fowler will gives us being on the field at the same time. Just answering the question/statement that would be posted within 10 seconds, but we will not run a conventional 2-gap 3-4. Maybe a 'hybrid' in that we'll ask our nose to play a 2-gap, but everyone else stays in 1. I'll write it with 12 since we play so much nickel. Lets assume the nose comes out in that case. Certain positions require a little guessing based off potential and what we've seen thus far. Here goes...

SDE: Easley -- Q Williams -- Ivie/Riles
DT: Orr -- Jacobs -- Alajajian -- Brantley
WDE: Bullard -- Westbrook -- McCalister
Buck: Fowler -- K Johnson -- Ajagbe -- McMillian -- Sherit
MLB: Morrison -- Taylor -- Hearns
Will: JJ -- J Powell -- Q Powell
Sam: RoPo -- Ball -- Kitchens -- Cox
CB: Roberson -- Watkins
CB: Purifoy -- VH3
FS: Showers -- Gorman -- Washington
SS: Pop -- Maye -- Ledbetter -- Neal
Nickel: Poole -- Riggs

I only put each player at one position even though things get juggled with injuries (i.e. I expect Jacobs to be the backup at SDE in case of injury and not just subbing). With this line up we obviously lose the x-factor that is Floyd, but I think our CBs being a year older and what should be the best edge combo in the league and maybe the country make us batter than we are this year. Sometimes more important than just talent is match-ups (just ask Bama) and we should match up well with everyone we play.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:11 pm

GatorInKnox wrote:Matt Jones has been a big disappointment to me. To be as big as he is he runs so soft but hopefully Brown, Taylor, and Lane can get it done

The scouting reports on him were that he was not a power back.

Only GSMB made him into the next "big" back.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby GatorInKnox » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 pm

law98gator wrote:
GatorInKnox wrote:Matt Jones has been a big disappointment to me. To be as big as he is he runs so soft but hopefully Brown, Taylor, and Lane can get it done

The scouting reports on him were that he was not a power back.

Only GSMB made him into the next "big" back.

I'd always heard that he ran too upright but figured it was just hearsay. I was wrong. I don't understand what his niche is if he's not a power back. He's not going to outrun anyone.
GatorInKnox
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum