Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BernardodelaPaz, Gator1man, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jabberdave, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 42 guests

Driskel's Injury

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Driskel's Injury

Postby The RH Factor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Any word on the severity of it yet?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Re: Driskel's Injury

Postby Red D » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Nope. Nothing posted anywhere that I've looked. Maybe blessing in disguise - team really rallied behind Jacoby at the end of the game. The offense even complete :gasp: a pass that was over 10 yards down the field.
Red D
Senior Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Red D wrote:Nope. Nothing posted anywhere that I've looked. Maybe blessing in disguise - team really rallied behind Jacoby at the end of the game. The offense even complete :gasp: a pass that was over 10 yards down the field.

Jeff's completed passes beyond 10 yards several times, Jacoby is just lucky no one was holding or chop blocking when he completed his.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby NCG8r » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:56 pm

NavetG8r wrote:
Red D wrote:Nope. Nothing posted anywhere that I've looked. Maybe blessing in disguise - team really rallied behind Jacoby at the end of the game. The offense even complete :gasp: a pass that was over 10 yards down the field.

Jeff's completed passes beyond 10 yards several times, Jacoby is just lucky no one was holding or chop blocking when he completed his.

Nice post. Can you at least acknowledge that Brissett helped win the friggin game?
NCG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

I heard he faked it so he wouldn't have to stand behind our shizzhole offensive line any more...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:15 pm

NCG8r wrote:
NavetG8r wrote:

Nice post. Can you at least acknowledge that Brissett helped win the friggin game?

Sure, I'll acknowledge he helped. I thought he did well considering how he came in off the bench cold and behind on the scoreboard. I've always thought Jacoby shows more poise than Jeff. I also feel Jeff is better suited to run our offense because of how poor our offensive line is at pass blocking.
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby f18bundy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Several times in ten games quite the accomplishment.
f18bundy
True Gator

Postby Red D » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm

NavetG8r wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear...the route was more than 10 yards down the field. Plenty of Jeff's dinks and dunks have gone longer than 10 yards after Jordan Reed's 3 yard route is complete and he breaks two tackles.
Red D
Senior Gator

Postby UFever » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

9 and 1.
UFever
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:32 pm

UFever wrote:9 and 1.

:D
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby NavetG8r » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:40 pm

Red D wrote:
NavetG8r wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear...the route was more than 10 yards down the field. Plenty of Jeff's dinks and dunks have gone longer than 10 yards after Jordan Reed's 3 yard route is complete and he breaks two tackles.

Ok, now you're just looking for an argument. You know as well as I do, Jeff has thrown several nice deep balls this year only to have his receivers drop them, or the TDs called back because of penalties. Is Jeff the perfect QB? No, of course not. We all know he has trouble making quick decisions. But he isn't nearly as inaccurate and as all you Jacoby fanboys like to pretend. Jacoby came in today and did a fine job helping us pull out the win. But his throws were no more, nor no less accurate than what we've seen from Jeff all year. He may very well make quicker decisions and have better poise in the pocket than Jeff, but with our terrible offensive line, neither of them is going to be able to produce Oregon like numbers. Jeff's legs just give us a little more ability to turn an over-aggressive defensive line against themselves. It's a call the coaches had to make, but if you'll remember, because I certainly do, our coaches also said they felt we could win football games with either of them as our QB.
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby ltraz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Aaaanddddd we're back on topic! Impossible to tell what JD's injury is exactly and much harder to know the extent (which is the bigger question). Almost definitely a sprain (maybe tibionavicular). Judging by how well he walked off the field, chances are it wasn't too bad and he'll be good to go. Although the overall recovery time should be less than something like a high ankle sprain, it is susceptible to a more serious injury if rushed back too soon. It'll be interesting to see what the staff decides if he's borderline. We won't need him less week, but with how bad our O has looked, do you really want him going to Tally cold?
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorbait86 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:53 pm

What we need is to just splice both of their DNA into a hybrid QB... one with Jeff's physical skills and Jacoby's mental skills... then we may get more scores in SPITE of our offensive offensive line and receivers... :question:
gatorbait86
Redshirt Gator

Postby AlwaysWrite » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:55 pm

I think both QBs have talent, but our O-line is horrible -- that can no longer be denied after getting pushed around by ULL. It's one thing to struggle against SEC D-lines, but we gave up 5 sacks and couldn't get the ground game going against whatever 1- and 2-star D-linemen get recruited to Louisiana-Lafayette.

Hard to complete downfield passes with an O-line this bad. Another news flash: when your tight end is your best receiver (and he's no Aaron Hernandez), that's a bad sign for your WR corps.

All that being said, I think Driskel is good with his legs, and while his early-season progression seems to have stopped, I don't think he's the problem on O. And I give great props to Brissett for coming in cold and winning the game, although he did miss a wide-open receiver for a TD on the previous drive.
==========
The commercial told me to "Go write the great American novel," so I did.
Thought-provoking sci-fi novels, just $2.99:
www.davidderrico.com
AlwaysWrite
Freshman Gator

Postby Deuce Coupe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:41 pm

JD is in a boot.
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

NavetG8r wrote:Jeff's completed passes beyond 10 yards several times...

I remember that one toss to Reed in the endzone that was quite sweet. I think it was against UT. Was there another pass longer than 10 yards?
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby The RH Factor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:57 am

O&BGator wrote:

I've been wondering if this team were to finish 12-1, whether some of our fans would be calling for Pease (and Muschamp) to get fired because the offense looked so bad this season?
The RH Factor
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr2Bits » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 am

Its baffling that Brissett comes in and our offense started to click. If you go back and watch the game, the O-Line was giving him time and stepped up. Biggest issue was receiver separation which is what led to the late sacks. On a side note, why does everyone talk about Brissett as if he is an amputee and has one leg? He showed a good pocket presence yesterday and got us the W. What good is having a mobile QB if he can't really hit our receivers and never really runs when he should?
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby Class of '78 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:10 am

The RH Factor wrote:
O&BGator wrote:

I've been wondering if this team were to finish 12-1, whether some of our fans would be calling for Pease (and Muschamp) to get fired because the offense looked so bad this season?

I don't think we need to ask that anymore. This is Florida, situated south of every other SEC state and yet not a full-blown member of "the South." We love our football players covered in glitz and glamour, and we've grown accustomed to high-octane offenses and playmakers to the point of expecting it, feeling entitled to it.

The blue-collar, lunchpail approach is still a tough sell in spite of the success Muschamp has accomplished, and it's going to be an even tougher sell if it isn't accompanied by a ton of wins.

You can argue that all you want, but it's just the way it is at Florida.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby law98gator » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 am

Class of '78 wrote:I don't think we need to ask that anymore. This is Florida, situated south of every other SEC state and yet not a full-blown member of "the South."

We're looking at you south Florida.

The blue-collar, lunchpail approach is still a tough sell in spite of the success Muschamp has accomplished, and it's going to be an even tougher sell if it isn't accompanied by a ton of wins.

Mediocrity isn't ever sold here.

I seriously doubt that Champ had 120th as the goal when he said blue-collar, lunchpail. He had numerous other quotes about being multiple and being balanced. We aren't.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum