Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrocS, gatorJ, MSNbot Media, no1g8r, PhD Gator and 36 guests

Worst Gator game in my 27 year life

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Worst Gator game in my 27 year life

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 pm

That I have witnessed. There is no amount of Koolaid you could syfen into your butthole UT style that would make you think this has to do with one person or a personnel group. The offense is atrocious all around. To be in the positions we were in offensively against ULL is uncalled for and it's got to go on the coaches. We need a fullback in the backfield blocking at all times run or throw. The oline refuses to pick up blitzes on third down. It's obvious it's coming. The guy has his fuggin helmet on the line right over the center and nobody has picked it up in 4 straight games.

One thing though is we can all stop directing blame towards Driskel for the most part. There's just nothing you can do when your receivers refuse to do what got them scholarships: catch the ball. Next year cant get here fast enough. Garcia and Moore and Dunker and Humphries alone will be massive improvements and should all start. No chance anybody playing right now deserves to even don a football helmet next year.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Re: Worst Gator game in my 27 year life

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:58 pm

A win is a win however but yes that was very ugly - Our defense and ST has saved us all season...
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby O&BGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:59 pm

this just in...we won

that is all
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I thought you were 12.
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby RamsteinGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:00 pm

I don't recall every going down to the wire on an OOC opponent like this. Syracuse spanked us in 1991, but I still regard the Cuse higher than any SunBelt team. Have to agree this one sucks balls.
RamsteinGator
True Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm not going to go that far, but it was one of the most inexcusable efforts I'd ever seen from a Gator team, on Homecoming no less. We nearly lose to Furman last year and almost blow it this year against ULL. Different OCs but same result.

There is no good reason that the University of Florida should ever get into a dogfight with those caliber teams in the Swamp! None!
Last edited by StreetFightingGator on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby vulcan_alex » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Well my life is longer and we got creamed at homecoming one year that I was at the game. Much worse that this game.

Now that said our o-line at very poor, apparently our receivers can't get much seperation and generally don't adjust to the ball well.

Not much to do this year other than hang on and try not to worry too much.
I am a "Vulcan" and try hard to keep things logical and without emotion. However as a "Vulcan" I have a highly emotional reaction mode for special occasions.
UF 1973 Physics
Miami Carol City
Financial Planning / Quality
Tn
vulcan_alex
Bull Gator

Postby travy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:05 pm

nebraska beat down was worse but this is up there.
travy
True Gator

Postby mtn2top » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:06 pm

It was one of the worst Gator wins I've seen, it there's any such thing....
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby travy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:10 pm

this o-line is the last of the 'good on paper' players of the last 3 years who've sucked up playing time and held back recruiting their entire disappointing existence in g-ville. something bad happened after tebow and until it's gone we'll suck like this.

but the worm is turning. 9-1 is a miracle and a testament to the younger players making plays on the big stage. i still think the futures bright. go gata
travy
True Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 pm

travy wrote:nebraska beat down was worse but this is up there.

That was for a National Title against the greatest team in college football history. That's a little more excusable than fuggin Louisiana Lafayette, who has an abysmal defense.
soflagator wrote:

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 pm

MatthewM. wrote:I thought you were 12.

You're confusing me for the girls you go after
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby OllieGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm

The worst I remember is the tie with Rutgers in '87 I think.
Have a f ing Merry Christmas D bag!!!!
OllieGator
True Gator

Postby travy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Slevin wrote:
travy wrote:nebraska beat down was worse but this is up there.

That was for a National Title against the greatest team in college football history. That's a little more excusable than fuggin Louisiana Lafayette, who has an abysmal defense.

for me, having the first nat'l title up for grabs and then to get so emasculated was bad. plus, i was younger then. today sucked but, i mean, c'mon, the last 3 years have sucked. my skin is thick at this point.

plus we won, yo
travy
True Gator

Postby Drewsagator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Slevin wrote:That I have witnessed. There is no amount of Koolaid you could syfen into your butthole UT style that would make you think this has to do with one person or a personnel group. The offense is atrocious all around. To be in the positions we were in offensively against ULL is uncalled for and it's got to go on the coaches. We need a fullback in the backfield blocking at all times run or throw. The oline refuses to pick up blitzes on third down. It's obvious it's coming. The guy has his fuggin helmet on the line right over the center and nobody has picked it up in 4 straight games.

One thing though is we can all stop directing blame towards Driskel for the most part. There's just nothing you can do when your receivers refuse to do what got them scholarships: catch the ball. Next year cant get here fast enough. Garcia and Moore and Dunker and Humphries alone will be massive improvements and should all start. No chance anybody playing right now deserves to even don a football helmet next year.

Every week you have a meltdown thread or an embarassing womanlike post on the gameday thread.
Now seeing your age I've figured it out. Did you also do the wrong thing on election Day ???
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Kilzyo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 pm

The offense has regressed to last year's level. Awful, awful football being played.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 pm

vulcan_alex wrote:Well my life is longer and we got creamed at homecoming one year that I was at the game. Much worse that this game.

Now that said our o-line at very poor, apparently our receivers can't get much seperation and generally don't adjust to the ball well.

Not much to do this year other than hang on and try not to worry too much.

I understand there are worse. There hasn't been a game quite like this in a very, very, very long time. Another opportunity thrown out the window to get guys some work and get some bugs thrown out because we had to fight to the last minute.

A win is a win though. 1 more to 10-1.
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby Mr2Bits » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:19 pm

1-6 Mississippi State loss in 2004 was worse. Ole Miss loss years before as well
Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby Slevin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Drewsagator wrote:
Slevin wrote:That I have witnessed. There is no amount of Koolaid you could syfen into your butthole UT style that would make you think this has to do with one person or a personnel group. The offense is atrocious all around. To be in the positions we were in offensively against ULL is uncalled for and it's got to go on the coaches. We need a fullback in the backfield blocking at all times run or throw. The oline refuses to pick up blitzes on third down. It's obvious it's coming. The guy has his fuggin helmet on the line right over the center and nobody has picked it up in 4 straight games.

Every week you have a meltdown thread or an embarassing womanlike post on the gameday thread.
Now seeing your age I've figured it out. Did you also do the wrong thing on election Day ???

Take a vacation for bringing up politics when I've stated it is prohibited on the sports board.

Secondly, everyone is allowed to be pissed or be happy. I choose to be pissed. Get over it.
soflagator wrote:

Slevin

Postby travy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:25 pm

but if we had lost today, worst ever no doubt
travy
True Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum