Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alagator, Clawhammergator, Google Adsense [Bot], Hoosier Gator, lumagator, MSNbot Media, soflagator and 42 guests

Board “time out” feature

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Board “time out” feature

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:03 am

Is there anyone the mods can talk to about the time out program on this board?
It’s f*****g ridiculous. When you are posting a message it times you out after about 15 seconds and your post gets erased before you can post it and you are automatically logged out. This is an ongoing problem and it’s frustrating as all hell.

I didn’t post this in the the Feedback Forum because we all know that absolutely no one checks that.
divits888
Bull Gator

Re: Board “time out” feature

Postby ShowMeLove » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 am

I started reading your post but it took too long so I reverted to the index.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:10 am

ShowMeLove wrote:I started reading your post but it took too long so I reverted to the index.

I tried to reply to your post but the time out feature kept erasing my post so many times that I just gave up.
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 am

:laugh:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby ShowMeLove » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:16 am

Maybe it's not a technical glitch. Maybe a board admin is reading your posts in real-time and deciding "That post is inane, it's pure drivel", and hitting the delete button. :idontknow:
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 am

ShowMeLove wrote:Maybe it's not a technical glitch. Maybe a board admin is reading your posts in real-time and deciding "That post is inane, it's pure drivel", and hitting the delete button. :idontknow:

Possible. But if that’s the case he must have been asleep at the wheel a bunch of times. Particularly during my “yo momma” and “bite me” comeback phase.

(BTW, this post timed out. No kidding.)
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby PastyStoole » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 am

divits888 wrote:Is there anyone the mods can talk to about the time out program on this board?
It’s f*****g ridiculous. When you are posting a message it times you out after about 15 seconds and your post gets erased before you can post it and you are automatically logged out. This is an ongoing problem and it’s frustrating as all hell.

I didn’t post this in the the Feedback Forum because we all know that absolutely no one checks that.

Maybe it's the browser you're using. Did you check in the 2 Girls 1 Cup technical forum to see if it's a help topic?
travy wrote:shove this article up your ass you mouthbreathing hick
PastyStoole
Heisman Gator

Postby MatthewM. » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Click the thing that says keep me signed in maybe
PigsEyeGator wrote:Right now I am so f'ing low that I would do MatthewM.
MatthewM.
Bull Gator

Postby Slevin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Ive never once had this problem. Are you posting on your phone or something? It could also be your privacy or security settings on your browser.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm with Slevin - it's never once happened to me.
oxrageous

Postby Mr2Bits » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm

Think he may be lying as he was able to post/create this thread......

Why drive when you can fly!
Mr2Bits
Heisman Gator

Postby oxrageous » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 pm

divits888 wrote:I didn’t post this in the the Feedback Forum because we all know that absolutely no one checks that.

We have a Feedback Forum? :eek:
oxrageous

Postby divits888 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Before this turns into a “that’s what you get for using dial-up”, “get rid of that Tandy computer”, “get some new hamsters for the wheel” thread, let it be known that I’ve had this issue off and on for years now. It happened with my PC laptop using 2 different browsers and now it’s doing it with my Apple laptop and yet another browser.

I’m beginning to think it really is that "admin editing me real time" thing. It’s pretty well known that Slevin has always been jealous of me. :?

(It happened yet again with this post. I have to copy everything I write if I don’t want to have to re-type it all the time.) :madevil:
divits888
Bull Gator

Postby Gulfstream » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm with Divits here. I should be at 1000 post already but cannot get one to finish i time to submit. :D
Hey, you want something done right, don't ask me.
Gulfstream
All-American Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:37 pm

It's Bush's fault.
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby NavetG8r » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Sounds like somebody needs to be put in "time out".
DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
NavetG8r
Heisman Gator

Postby lagator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

divits888 wrote:Before this turns into a “that’s what you get for using dial-up”, “get rid of that Tandy computer”, “get some new hamsters for the wheel” thread, let it be known that I’ve had this issue off and on for years now. It happened with my PC laptop using 2 different browsers and now it’s doing it with my Apple laptop and yet another browser.

I’m beginning to think it really is that "admin editing me real time" thing. It’s pretty well known that Slevin has always been jealous of me. :?

(It happened yet again with this post. I have to copy everything I write if I don’t want to have to re-type it all the time.) :madevil:

Can't say it has ever happened to me either. Not doubting you have this problem, but it looks like it's something isolated to your setup.
:wrong:
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Why don't you just OVERCOME THE ADVERSITY OF THE BOARD AND TYPE FASTER![/muschamp]
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:18 pm

He just needs to stop with the one-handed typing. Jus sayin
crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Slevin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm

divits888 wrote:Before this turns into a “that’s what you get for using dial-up”, “get rid of that Tandy computer”, “get some new hamsters for the wheel” thread, let it be known that I’ve had this issue off and on for years now. It happened with my PC laptop using 2 different browsers and now it’s doing it with my Apple laptop and yet another browser.

:lol: I swear I haven't done anything. Have you clicked the keep me logged in button? Or maybe your browser is set to constantly delete cookies? I don't know man sounds like you're fugged.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum