Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MrSwampy, MSNbot Media, rogdochar, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Looks like Cheezit may be on his way out at Auburn

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Looks like Cheezit may be on his way out at Auburn

Postby divits888 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 pm

I guess that answers the question of how many years a National Championship would buy him.....2.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootbal ... iks-firing
divits888
Bull Gator

Re: Looks like Cheezit may be on his way out at Auburn

Postby Class of '78 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:12 am

They're down now, but this is a prestige job and it's the SEC. They'll find somebody good.

Petrino would be dangerous here, maybe in more ways than one, but I doubt Auburn has the stomach.
Class of '78
Bull Gator

Postby UF_Cheme_Student » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 am

Hopefully they play inspired football for their coach
UF_Cheme_Student
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:59 am

If Cheesetoast is fired --- has any coach ever fallen so far so fast. National Championship two years ago to fired.

Even when Cheese won the National Championship the jury was still out on him because it was felt by many that anyone could have coached Cam Newton to the Championship. There was always this underlying feeling that Chizik wasn't that good of coach. Remember he came to Auburn after a stint at Iowa State where he had a decidedly losing record.

Question I have is why did Auburn hire him in the first place?
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 am

Yeah, But!!...... :eek:. The short list as of now is the Louisville OC

but not Head Coach Charlie Strong?? They will be bad for a long timeeeeeeeeee :bama2: :booboo:
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby Slevin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 am

Okeechobee Joe wrote:If Cheesetoast is fired --- has any coach ever fallen so far so fast. National Championship two years ago to fired.

Even when Cheese won the National Championship the jury was still out on him because it was felt by many that anyone could have coached Cam Newton to the Championship. There was always this underlying feeling that Chizik wasn't that good of coach. Remember he came to Auburn after a stint at Iowa State where he had a decidedly losing record.

Auburn was awful that year too. People seem to forget how porous of a first half team they were. It was clearly obvious to everyone that sCam took that team to the promise land. But I doubt Chiz is that upset. The man get's 7.5 mil just to take his pink slip.
soflagator wrote:
law98gator wrote:Im not sure what the deal is with Nickelback.

You already admitted in another thread you were related to the lead singer of Nickelback. :lol:
Slevin

Postby TommyGator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 am

Class of '78 wrote:They're down now, but this is a prestige job and it's the SEC. They'll find somebody good.

Petrino would be dangerous here, maybe in more ways than one, but I doubt Auburn has the stomach.

AUBURN? Not having the stomach for sleaze? I don't agree. They like to look squeaky clean, but they are pretty slimy under all those white shirts and ties.

I NEVER remember watching a game at AU where the Tigeagles didn't get a few CLEARLY helpful calls. When you visit to play at AU, EXPECT them to cheat. I'm hoping UGA gets jobbed this week...It's our only chance...

(yes, I am reduced to pulling for AUful....) :madevil: :madevil: :madevil:
"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools" Herbert Spenser
TommyGator
Heisman Gator

Postby crosscreekcooter » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Somebody say Cheese?

crosscreekcooter
Head Ball Coach

Postby Homer J » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:45 pm

If they are going to do it, I hope they do it quickly because we were # 2 in line for Carl Lawson. He has moved up to #2 in the ESPN rankings.
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gouryella » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Swallow your pride and bring back Gus Malzahn. He seems like a pretty decent coach.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby MJMGator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Okeechobee Joe wrote:If Cheesetoast is fired --- has any coach ever fallen so far so fast. National Championship two years ago to fired.

The closest I can remember to getting fired that soon after a NC is Coker. He won it in 2001 and was shown the door in 2006. ScUM thought they could do better. :lol:
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 pm

Gouryella wrote:Swallow your pride and bring back Gus Malzahn. He seems like a pretty decent coach.

What do you mean bring him back? He wasn't fired he left for a head coaching job. He is going to be a real good coach one day.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Maybe they will finally get rid of the jackass cheerleader assistant coach waving the towel (ghey) in the process.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby Gator Fever » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:17 am

Hopefully he can pull an upset today but I think Auburn may be right here considering Cam won them about 4 games that year they could have easily lost.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby 55GATOR » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:07 pm

No way, he is a good coach. He started in St. Pete as a high school.
55GATOR
Freshman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

MJMGator wrote:

The closest I can remember to getting fired that soon after a NC is Coker. He won it in 2001 and was shown the door in 2006. ScUM thought they could do better. :lol:

:lol:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

MJMGator wrote:

:lol:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum