Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clawhammergator, GatorJB, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Gouryella, Jabberdave, JimtheGator, MSNbot Media, ReelGatorDoc, Swamp Queen, WobbleGator and 58 guests

Here's a scary thought

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Here's a scary thought

Postby wfoster314 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Every team ranked ahead of us in the BCS could easily lose a game in the next few weeks. So, if we manage to win the rest of our games, could we actually be in the NC game? Imagine the possibilities. Bama loses to TA&M, ND loses to USC, Oregon loses to Oregon State, Ga loses to TA&M, and KSU ( with an injured QB) loses to anyone. We certainly don't belong there, but we may wind up there by default. Maybe we'll play Loo-a-vull. Stranger thing have happened. Remember 1996?
To Be...
wfoster314
Senior Gator

Re: Here's a scary thought

Postby phideltgator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm

I want to see the Tide play Oregon and I want to see us play FSU, all the rest of it is just not worth watching. Oh, I want to see Ga get their butt's beat too.
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach

Postby tcroot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

wfoster314 wrote:Every team ranked ahead of us in the BCS could easily lose a game in the next few weeks. So, if we manage to win the rest of our games, could we actually be in the NC game? Imagine the possibilities. Bama loses to TA&M, ND loses to USC, Oregon loses to Oregon State, Ga loses to TA&M, and KSU ( with an injured QB) loses to anyone. We certainly don't belong there, but we may wind up there by default. Maybe we'll play Loo-a-vull. Stranger thing have happened. Remember 1996?

You have a typo with GA, they play the War eagle tigers.
tcroot
Baby Gator

Postby lagator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 pm

tcroot wrote:
wfoster314 wrote:Every team ranked ahead of us in the BCS could easily lose a game in the next few weeks. So, if we manage to win the rest of our games, could we actually be in the NC game? Imagine the possibilities. Bama loses to TA&M, ND loses to USC, Oregon loses to Oregon State, Ga loses to TA&M, and KSU ( with an injured QB) loses to anyone. We certainly don't belong there, but we may wind up there by default. Maybe we'll play Loo-a-vull. Stranger thing have happened. Remember 1996?

I think he meant UGA loses to aTm in the SECCG, but that ignores the fact that the aggies already have 2 SEC loses, so Bama can lose to aTm and will still be in the SECCG against UGA, assuming they beat the Barn. In other words it wasn't a typo, but it was an error.
lagator
Heisman Gator

Postby tcroot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks for setting me straight. I need to proof read a little better next time.
tcroot
Baby Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Grammar Nazis out quick tonight.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby TN G8tr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Wow, if that were to happen? I guess anything is possible.
"Wake her *** up, we got a game to play."
TN G8tr
Bull Gator

Postby GatorsGetGoodAgain » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:38 pm

it still wouldnt matter. If Bama loses to A&M they would still play GA for the SEC championship, win, and they would almost certainly still play for the NC (definitely over FL) if there were only 1 other undefeated team of the big teams remaining. Louisville is a no-show in the NC anyway you cut it. ND, KSU, Oregon, would all need to drop a game, and Bama will need to beat GA (book it). FL IMO would still have to beat FSU handily with an inspiring victory to get people excited, and only then could they back into the NC vs Bama.....I wouldn't bet on it, at least not Oregon losing.
GatorsGetGoodAgain
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 pm

It would be drazy
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Deuce Coupe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 pm

The SEC Champ will be in the NCG, unless UGA loses to the Barn.... how are we going to get there?
You can't spell SUCK without Image
Deuce Coupe
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 pm

lagator wrote:
tcroot wrote:

I think he meant UGA loses to aTm in the SECCG, but that ignores the fact that the aggies already have 2 SEC loses, so Bama can lose to aTm and will still be in the SECCG against UGA, assuming they beat the Barn. In other words it wasn't a typo, but it was an error.

No I think he meant GA loses to Auburn and we win out, ncluding beating Bama in the SECCG, sending us to the NCG.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby ltraz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm sure most have realized this, but we don't need all that to happen. We need UGA and all but one undefeated to lose. We would have to beat Bama regardless. I could see ND and KSU (if Klein is out) losing, which unfortunately puts the biggest outcome in question (out of our hands) UGA against AU. We should actually be rooting for UA again this weekend.

On kind of a separate note, I think we match up pretty well against everyone but Bama. Oregon is obviously crazy talented, but they won't have played a team with anywhere close to our speed on D. Add the fact that they'd be having a freshman play in a game like that and they could be in trouble. KSU is solid, but I think we just have too much talent. ND would actually be the team that we'd change up our game plan for. They'll split out their huge TE and he's a mismatch for basically anyone. Add a running qb and, with the added time to game plan, we would play primarily zone.
ltraz
Heisman Gator

Postby GatorInGeorgia » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 pm

GatorsGetGoodAgain wrote:it still wouldnt matter. If Bama loses to A&M they would still play GA for the SEC championship, win, and they would almost certainly still play for the NC (definitely over FL) if there were only 1 other undefeated team of the big teams remaining. Louisville is a no-show in the NC anyway you cut it. ND, KSU, Oregon, would all need to drop a game, and Bama will need to beat GA (book it). FL IMO would still have to beat FSU handily with an inspiring victory to get people excited, and only then could they back into the NC vs Bama.....I wouldn't bet on it, at least not Oregon losing.

You're assuming that GA beats Aub. I believe the OP meant to say GA loses to Aub (not TaM), which would put us in the SECCG against somebody (probably Bama) and that if we win out we then play in the NCG.
GatorInGeorgia
True Gator

Postby BoomTown » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Regardless of what the OP meant (I've never seen an OP interpretted so many times), there's one realistic path: Barn beats the Pups and the Gators win every game between now and the clock expiring in Atlanta.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby Gator Fever » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm

BoomTown wrote:Regardless of what the OP meant (I've never seen an OP interpretted so many times), there's one realistic path: Barn beats the Pups and the Gators win every game between now and the clock expiring in Atlanta.

This is the only real hope.
" But understand we are not changing who we are philosophically on offense" - Coach Will Muschamp...
Gator Fever
Bull Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:19 pm

The likelihood of all this happening is so infinitesimal it isn't even worth considering! It's not a scary thought, it's a stupid thought!
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Return to Gatorsports Forum