Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 30 guests

Greg Gilmore Chooses

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby whtstrp58 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good luck playing for the worst gameday coach in the NCAA.

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:
Gatorhater Hater since 1980
whtstrp58
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby BMF » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:37 pm

We didn't want him....

---
BMF
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3245
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby tillsb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:44 pm

If he doesn't pick us I literally don't want them. I want people that want to be Gators. Good luck to him (except one obvious game a year).
User avatar
tillsb
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby kcgator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:54 pm

whtstrp58 wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good luck playing for the worst gameday coach in the NCAA.

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:


Zook landed another coaching gig?
User avatar
kcgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 4486
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby Go Gata » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Guy has the physical tools to be a beast on the D-line, but like what has already been stated, if he didn't want to be a Gator then the Gators didn't want him.

If you ain't a Gator, you must...... well you know how it goes
User avatar
Go Gata
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:13 pm
Location: The State Capital

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby phideltgator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:18 pm

As long they stay in the SEC. Alabama too deep to recruite this dude?
User avatar
phideltgator
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 pm
Location: way down South

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby Swamp82 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 pm

His loss
If you would like to keep your coach you can
User avatar
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3163
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: NW Florida

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby UGator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:03 am

A he stated earlier, his dad likes LSU and his mom UF. However, LSU is losing many DL and he was virtually promised early playing time.
We could also lose at least 2 DL plus the one that transferred and we are alarmingly thin for next year. Just looks like LSU did a better sales job (guaranteed a spot) since we don't want to promise PT, just the opportunity to earn a spot.
It's better to have players who want to be Gators and not any questionable or entitled players who just think they can show up and start!
UGator
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby mtn2top » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:25 pm

tillsb wrote:If he doesn't pick us I literally don't want them. I want people that want to be Gators. Good luck to him (except one obvious game a year).


This. Now he's Gator bait. There's plenty of fruit on the vine.
Hi-Altitude Gators

Image
User avatar
mtn2top
Head Ball Coach
 
Posts: 3418
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 pm
Location: Two Miles Above the Gator Nation

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby rogdochar » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Our recruiting should make our school maximally attractive to a
recruit's desires. No recruit will insist that a coach plays him
instead of the player that beats him out. Those promises don't
have that kind of 'life' . To hem & haw about playing right away
pricks the recruits mind as you having already 'in mind' someone
you will more likely play.

Once you get a top prospect into UF, the chances are great that
he will fall in love with his school, teammates and fight hardest
to make the playing field.
User avatar
rogdochar
Gatorsports Legend
 
Posts: 12705
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:17 am

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby cjgator5050 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm

kcgator wrote:
whtstrp58 wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Good luck playing for the worst gameday coach in the NCAA.

:chomp: :chomp: :chomp: :chomp:


Zook landed another coaching gig?


Zook or Weiss! :lol:
Yeah I know I'm not perfect, I have a crack in my ass.
User avatar
cjgator5050
Freshman Gator
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:09 am

Re: Greg Gilmore Chooses

Postby Ancient Reptile » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:33 pm

rogdochar wrote:Our recruiting should make our school maximally attractive to a
recruit's desires. No recruit will insist that a coach plays him
instead of the player that beats him out.
Those promises don't
have that kind of 'life' . To hem & haw about playing right away
pricks the recruits mind as you having already 'in mind' someone
you will more likely play.

Once you get a top prospect into UF, the chances are great that
he will fall in love with his school, teammates and fight hardest
to make the playing field.


Really, rog? I don't know football players that well, but I do know university faculty well, and almost all of them wanted their project funded rather than the better project that legitimately beat theirs out. Jus' sayin'
Ancient Reptile
Heisman Gator
 
Posts: 2388
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm


Return to Gatorsports Forum

cron