Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Angry Narwhal, DaMagicGator, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media and 55 guests

Happy Veteran's Day Weekend Mr. Frazier - Thank You

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Happy Veteran's Day Weekend Mr. Frazier - Thank You

Postby gatorhar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:28 pm

gatorhar
Heisman Gator

Re: Happy Veteran's Day Weekend Mr. Frazier - Thank You

Postby ShowMeLove » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm

:clap:

And to the rest of them, as well.

GATORS BASKETBALL MILITARY CONNECTIONS

• G/F Casey Prather's sister, Brittany, is in the National Guard.

• Walk-on G Jacob Kurtz grandfather, Henry Cuzydio, was a Marine in the Korean War.

• Coach Billy Donovan father, Bill Donovan, served in the Army.

• Assistant coach Matt McCall, whose father was a linebacker for the Gators in the late-60s served in the Army, while father-in-law Eddie Rios was an Army soldier and prisoner of war in Vietnam. McCall's grandparents, Wayne and Catherine McCall, served in the Navy.

• Athletic trainer Duke Werner's father, Herman Werner Jr., earned two Purple Hearts in the Korean War.

• Assistant Coach John Pelphrey's father, Jack Pelphrey served in the Korean War, reached the rank of Corporal and was a tank commander. Also spent time stationed at Fort Hood in Texas.

• Strength and conditioning coach Preston Greene's father, Jerry Greene, served 22 years in the Army and earned two Bronze Stars (two for valor), three Purple Hearts, four Air Medals and two Legion of Merits. See accompanying video.

• Video coordinator Oliver Winterbone's close friend, Dennis Zilinski was a West Point graduate killed in action in Iraq in 2005. Winterbone's father-in-law, Fred Funk, served 21 years in the Army. Both his grandfathers served, also; Ben Wilson in the US Navy and John Winterbone in the British Army during World War II.

• Assistant Video Coordinator Billy O'Meara's brother Brendan is a Marine currently deployed in Afghanistan and assistant video coordinator Todd Lewiston is a commissioned officer in the National Guard as a Commissioned Officer.

• Office Manager Tracy Pfaff's brother-in-law John Donaldson is a USMC Disabled Veteran and UF basketball sports information director SID Denver Parler's grandfather, Richard Parler, served in the Navy during World War II.
ShowMeLove
Heisman Gator

Postby tillsb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:53 pm

It's my favorite holiday. One I am a Vet and I love showing my appreciation to other Vets. Two, free food for two days, woohoo!
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby gatordad » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Vietnam vet that hope we "honor" the troops by bringing their tired a$$e$ home from being in harm's way...the sooner the better!
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans-John Lennon
gatordad
Heisman Gator

Postby gardnerwebbalumnigator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm

gatordad wrote:Vietnam vet that hope we "honor" the troops by bringing their tired a$$e$ home from being in harm's way...the sooner the better!

Amen, and thank you for enduring that hellhole in southeast Asia gatordad.
"Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
gardnerwebbalumnigator
Head Ball Coach

Postby tfulton0513 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:13 pm

To all my fellow Vets "Happy Veteran's Day" I myself have done three deployments to Iraq and know the hardships that we have endured.

So once again "Happy Veteran's Day" and I hope everyone has a great weekend. And if you happen to bump into a Vet just tell him or her Thank You!! It really does mean something to us that has served that we are still appreciated by this great Nation.
tfulton0513
Freshman Gator

Postby Jabberdave » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:14 pm

gatordad wrote:Vietnam vet that hope we "honor" the troops by bringing their tired a$$e$ home from being in harm's way...the sooner the better!

So was my pops. 173rd Air Mobile. 22 years, 9 months and 14 days served. He then spent another 18 running the Department of Veteran's Affairs at the VA here in Gainesville.

I'll go have a beer with him on Monday. :cool:
My, you're pretty after the third bottle.
Jabberdave
Bull Gator

Postby Homer J » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

tillsb wrote:It's my favorite holiday. One I am a Vet and I love showing my appreciation to other Vets. Two, free food for two days, woohoo!

Amen.

http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/t ... -meals.htm
Homer J
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Yup, still trying to plan my days out but I will be eating a bunch of pancakes on Monday at Denny's. All-you-can-eat pancakes? You had me at All
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby BoomTown » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Homer J wrote:
tillsb wrote:It's my favorite holiday. One I am a Vet and I love showing my appreciation to other Vets. Two, free food for two days, woohoo!

Amen.

Holy Cow! I'm going to have to seriously plan out my weekend. I'll be in the ER on Tuesday if anyone's looking for me. :)
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby mtn2top » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Vietnam era vet here that spends the day honoring other vets and their service to our country. All of us need to make sure this country keeps its commitment to our vets, especially those who were wounded, disabled and diminished. Never forget MIAs and those that gave all.
Hi-Altitude Gators

mtn2top
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:46 pm

BoomTown wrote:
Homer J wrote:

Amen.

Holy Cow! I'm going to have to seriously plan out my weekend. I'll be in the ER on Tuesday if anyone's looking for me. :)

I'll be in there too I'm sure lol
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Jabberdave wrote:

So was my pops. 173rd Air Mobile. 22 years, 9 months and 14 days served. He then spent another 18 running the Department of Veteran's Affairs at the VA here in Gainesville.

I'll go have a beer with him on Monday. :cool:

Excellent, tell your dad thanks we owe him.
I sat on a runway once for 36 hours waiting to take off and jump into Granada when we had a University there with Americans attending that were scared for their lives. Clint Eastwood and his Marines ( Heart Break Ridge ) took care of it and we stood down. That's the closet I got to combat and glad that was it.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Postby Swamp82 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you and agreed, let Obama fly his drones and continue to fight it a lot harder to hit one of those with a ied. We have no reason to be there, they don't want us there, we did what we wanted to do and if they can't protect their own country by now then they are just to stupid to even help.
If you would like to keep your coach you can
Swamp82
Head Ball Coach

Return to Gatorsports Forum