Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BNAG8R, Gatorbythebay, Google [Bot], itsgr82baflagator, Leroy Jenkins, MSNbot Media, Trung, UFever and 68 guests

Is The Heathen Weed Going To Be OK In Sports?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Site Administrators, Moderator

Is The Heathen Weed Going To Be OK In Sports?

Postby Mr. Eko » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 pm

I heard last night that Marijuana may become legal in Colorado. Don't know the results of voting. If it is, can the NCAA continue to keep weed as a banned substance. Now, The NCAA can do whatever it wants... but do Colorado schools even have to test for it anymore? Would that be an unfair advantage for them? Could the NCAA even win a law suit in this case? The NFL?

Will Ahmad Black be traded to Denver? :rolleyes:

I'm sure TACO BELL would be for exempting the stuff!!
Last edited by Mr. Eko on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Re: The Heathen Weed no longer Heathen?

Postby divits888 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Uhhhhhhh.....what?

divits888
Bull Gator

Postby BoomTown » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Yea it passed, but it's still illegal in the US which last time I checked still included Colorado and Washington (the other state to pass it). It's also illegal under age 21 so regardless of the legal battle ahead between the states and feds, it'll be a long time before the NCAA starts looking the other way.
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby FunnGun » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 pm

I don't know dude, are you gonna finish those cheetos?

It won't affect the NFL rule, same as it was yesterday. Same for NCAA athletes.
FunnGun
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Mr. Eko » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 pm

BoomTown wrote:Yea it passed, but it's still illegal in the US which last time I checked still included Colorado and Washington (the other state to pass it). It's also illegal under age 21 so regardless of the legal battle ahead between the states and feds, it'll be a long time before the NCAA starts looking the other way.

Not so sure. It is illegal to sell it, but not illegal to have it in those states? If so, BIG difference.

If you took Weed out of the mix, positive drug tests would drop by 75-80%.

It does open up the NCAA and NFL after this collective bargaining agreement to lawsuits IMO.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby BoomTown » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Mr. Eko wrote:
BoomTown wrote:Yea it passed, but it's still illegal in the US which last time I checked still included Colorado and Washington (the other state to pass it). It's also illegal under age 21 so regardless of the legal battle ahead between the states and feds, it'll be a long time before the NCAA starts looking the other way.

Not so sure. It is illegal to sell it, but not illegal to have it in those states? If so, BIG difference.

If you took Weed out of the mix, positive drug tests would drop by 75-80%.

It does open up the NCAA and NFL after this collective bargaining agreement to lawsuits IMO.

From the article I read, the law says it is legal to both possess (up to an oz or 6 of your own personal plants) and sell (with a license). The tax man commeth!
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Re: Is The Heathen Weed Going To Be OK In Sports?

Postby law98gator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Illegal to possess, grow or sell under federal law. State law can't affect federal law. It was a waste of money but potheads aren't that smart.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
Bammer wrote:Isn't government intrusion your flavor du jour, divits?
Isn’t every flavor ever known to man your flavor du jour?
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby BoomTown » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:16 pm

I just read another article on the law: "The new law will impose a 25 percent tax rate on marijuana when the grower sells it to the processor, when the processor sells it to the retailer and when the retailer sells it to the customer."

The government really does understand how this business operates. Sounds like it's going to be cheaper on the "open market"
BoomTown
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm

I think we should have cocaine and heroin readily available also.

This society needs some darwinism to flush out the gene pool. There are too many lazy and stupid people reproducing.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley ... Yes, Fvck them all.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby Scott512 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 pm

law98gator wrote:I think we should have cocaine and heroin readily available also.

This society needs some darwinism to flush out the gene pool. There are too many lazy and stupid people reproducing.

Wow that's very cold. :eek: But very true. Well said. Tired of hearing about weed. :rolleyes: The next person I get to know who is a stoner and also a contributor to society will be the first. All the ones I know are losers or lazy or still living with mommy and daddy.

As for weed being okay in sports I would say it's been okay in sports for years. Just look at MLB, NFL and NBA to name 3 sports leagues. They largley look the other way and weed is probably rampant in NCAA sports. Why someone needs it in their life is another matter. But if you have a career and pot is against the rules or laws of society and you still smoke it there is something wrong with you in my opinion. Especially when you know your sport or field does not allow it and tests for it.
Scott512
Head Ball Coach

Postby Mr. Eko » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Scott512 wrote:
law98gator wrote:I think we should have cocaine and heroin readily available also.

Wow that's very cold. :eek: But very true. Well said. Tired of hearing about weed. :rolleyes: The next person I get to know who is a stoner and also a contributor to society will be the first. All the ones I know are losers or lazy or still living with mommy and daddy.

Don't foget Alcohol, you are saying the same thing about it too! I guess it's time to get the Budweiser clock and posters down off your wall.

At least if weed is legal we can have Zig-Zag sponsor NASCAR.
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby law98gator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Most people don't kill themselves with alcohol unless you ad an automobile to the mix.

I don't want the weak gene types taking out the fittest also. Survival of the fittest and allow the weaklings to weed themselves out more rapidly says I.

divits888 wrote:
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby O&BGator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

law98gator wrote:Illegal to possess, grow or sell under federal law. State law can't affect federal law. It was a waste of money but potheads aren't that smart.

:rolleyes:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Kilzyo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 pm

It's still a federal crime...they will test for it.
Kilzyo
True Gator

Postby MJMGator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't think the NCAA has any drug testing requirements and they certainly do not mandate what (if any) type of disciplinary action a university must hand out. Each school has their own policies and the NCAA doesn't care whether the schools follow their own rules or not. They're more concerned if an assistant coach replied to a recruit's text in a mandated blackout period.
t-gator wrote:
Out of all those sperm cells I can't believe 561 one the race
MJMGator
Head Ball Coach

Postby tillsb » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

I concur
tillsb
Heisman Gator

Postby O&BGator » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 pm

tillsb wrote:

I concur

:lol:
O&BGator
Heisman Gator

Postby IDGAC » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:16 pm

law98gator wrote:Most people don't kill themselves with alcohol unless you ad an automobile to the mix.

I don't want the weak gene types taking out the fittest also. Survival of the fittest and allow the weaklings to weed themselves out more rapidly says I.

But most people don't kill themselves with weed... unless you're talking about them killing relationships, careers, etc... which potheads certainly do.
IDGAC
Heisman Gator

Postby gatorJ » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:07 pm

law98gator wrote:Most people don't kill themselves with alcohol unless you ad an automobile to the mix.

Show me a single stat that says more people die from weed than alcohol. I'm sure more people die from just alcohol poisoning a year than all self inflicted weed associated deaths a year.

Why stop at weed? Ban fatty foods too. I'm tired of looking at the fat bastards. And they're putting a drain on our healthcare system with their diabetic asses and their bypasses.
oxrageous wrote:Well you're sure in for a surprise. Peasant.
gatorJ
Head Ball Coach

Postby Quasimodo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:42 am

It's already readily available, big guy. You should try them sometime, broaden your horizons.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
Quasimodo
Head Ball Coach

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum