Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests

Can we beat FSU with our inept offense?

A sports-bar atmosphere where Gators, Noles, Vols, Dawgs and other fans can meet and discuss various topics in the sports world. We reserve the right to reject any registration.

Moderators: Moderator, Site Administrators

Can we beat FSU with our inept offense?

Postby finchmeister08 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:23 am

I don't think our offense got worse, i just think it was figured out. Looking back all the way to aTm, we were just as bad then than we are now. Our defense is just too good to have a crappy offense like we do. Its the most unbalanced team i have ever seen. Is FSU's defense any good compared to what we've seen already?
finchmeister08
Freshman Gator

Re: Can we beat FSU with our inept offense?

Postby Swamp Queen » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:26 am

Oh yay....I haven't seen a thread about this in ages.

:suicide:
lizard84 wrote:maybe swamp queen and sas deserve each other.

DCflorida wrote:"Oh that's right, I had totally forgotten that we were 4-8 and Muschamp sucks. Thanks for the reminder, I will go back to being miserable and angry now."
Swamp Queen
Bull Gator

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 am

While FSU has the #1 defense in total yards per game, here is who they have faced this year:

FCS opponents Murray State and Savannah State (worst team in Division 1 football).

Wake Forest - 110th total offense, 99th scoring offense
Clemson - 9th total offense, 7th scoring offense (gave up 426 yards, 37 points)
USF - 63rd total offense, 86th scoring offense
NCSU - 60th total offense, 83rd scoring offense
BC - 91st total offense, 98th scoring offense
Miami - 58th total offense, 67th scoring offense
Duke - 72nd total offense, 49th scoring offense

They've played such a horribly soft schedule against offenses that can't crack the top 50 offenses against other ACC teams. And the only good offense they've played, they got torched for a majority of the game. Granted, our offense isn't that great, it's 103rd in yards per game and 79th in scoring, but at least we're playing good defenses week in and week out for the most part.

I honestly think we should be able to score enough on them, and our defense will be fine against their similarly bloated offense.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby Drewsagator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:37 am

finchmeister08 wrote:I don't think our offense got worse, i just think it was figured out. Looking back all the way to aTm, we were just as bad then than we are now. Our defense is just too good to have a crappy offense like we do. Its the most unbalanced team i have ever seen. Is FSU's defense any good compared to what we've seen already?

Actually this is an excellent post.
You are spot on about the offense not being worse, they just been scouted. Coaches need to give some different looks and use both sides of the field.
And yes, FSU has a pretty good defense. Should be a pretty close game and we will need to score on somekind of explosive plays or special teams-defense.
Sadly I don't believe we will be able to move the ball up and down the field on their defense, but we can still win maybe 21- 17 or something like that if we get some breaks and don't turn the ball over.
In other words, winable game but not a gimme.
Drewsagator
Heisman Gator

Postby Mr. Eko » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 am

finchmeister08 wrote:I don't think our offense got worse, i just think it was figured out. Looking back all the way to aTm, we were just as bad then than we are now. Our defense is just too good to have a crappy offense like we do. Its the most unbalanced team i have ever seen. Is FSU's defense any good compared to what we've seen already?

I just talked to Coach Boom and Pease. They told me to tell you yes, they can win. They also said something about an F and you but Boom's stare was starting to melt my cell phone....and he was talking 10 miles away from me.

That is all! :chomp: :helmet: :angry2:
Mr. Eko
True Gator

Postby ccsdk » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:35 am

We are going to crush those sqaws !!!! Enough is enough !!!
ccsdk
Senior Gator

Postby Kurtis Lowe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 am

Simply put, if we don't turn the ball over, yes.

Our defense will be the best those clowns have seen all year.

Play smart and let our defense make the momentum shift.
Because the ACC just doesn't prepare you.
Kurtis Lowe
All-American Gator

Postby RichardN » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:07 am

Mr. Eko wrote:

I just talked to Coach Boom and Pease. They told me to tell you yes, they can win. They also said something about an F and you but Boom's stare was starting to melt my cell phone....and he was talking 10 miles away from me.

That is all! :chomp: :helmet: :angry2:

Good one! :lol:
RichardN
Heisman Gator

Postby law98gator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:53 am

FSU is at least as inept on offense as we are, and EJ Manuel is a turnover machine.

Or offense won't win the game (or any game) but perhaps Manuel will score for us.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby law98gator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 am

ccsdk wrote:We are going to crush those sqaws !!!!

Then pillage and burn. And desecrate their dead.
ufgator812. wrote:Fvck them all. Fvck Richt, Herschel, Will Muschamp, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (fvck him twice), Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), R.E.M and the B-52's... Yes, Fvck them all.
law98gator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby WhoGator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 am

Sasquatch Gator wrote:While FSU has the #1 defense in total yards per game, here is who they have faced this year:

FCS opponents Murray State and Savannah State (worst team in Division 1 football).
Wake Forest - 110th total offense, 99th scoring offense
Clemson - 9th total offense, 7th scoring offense (gave up 426 yards, 37 points)
USF - 63rd total offense, 86th scoring offense
NCSU - 60th total offense, 83rd scoring offense
BC - 91st total offense, 98th scoring offense
Miami - 58th total offense, 67th scoring offense
Duke - 72nd total offense, 49th scoring offense

Would be good to see the same list on who the Clowns have run up scores on. They have played terrible defenses and the only one in the top 50 or so was NC State, their only loss.

Their only "quality" win was against Clemson, another overated ACC team whose best win is a 26-19 victory over Auburn, yep Auburn.

We just need to score at opportune times, have the defense do what they do (and against much better offenses - aTm, GA, Tenn, SC) and not turn the ball over.
:chomp:
WhoGator
True Gator

Postby CapitalGator02 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:56 am

Swamp Queen wrote:Oh yay....I haven't seen a thread about this in ages.

:suicide:

Seriously! Thankfully this board is full of riveting, thought provoking questions with very few, if any, repeats...

To answer the question, just ask LSU, USCe, and Mizzou...
CapitalGator02
Head Ball Coach

Postby Sasquatch Gator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 am

WhoGator wrote:Would be good to see the same list on who the Clowns have run up scores on. They have played terrible defenses and the only one in the top 50 or so was NC State, their only loss.

Sure, I'll play. FSU is 7th in total offense and 3rd in scoring offense.

Murray State and Savannah State, nuff said.
Wake Forest - 76th total defense, 66th scoring defense
Clemson - 72nd total defense, 44th scoring defense
USF - 63rd total defense, 57th total defense
NCSU - 78th total defense, 47th scoring defense
BC - 111th total defense, 86th scoring defense
Miami - 117th total defense, 83rd scoring defense
Duke - 97th total defense, 96th scoring defense

They. Have. Played. No. One.
:burp:
Sasquatch Gator
Bull Gator

Postby LBSpikes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am

No, just go ahead and cut yourself. jk but it is a joke you would ask that. Have you seen FSU play NCSt?! Their offense had less than 50 total offensive yards against last year's UF defense. In 2010 and 2011 we showed up with no offense, but this year we have one. Not the best one, but why be self-hating...
LBSpikes
Bull Gator

Postby WobbleGator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am

No. We are doomed!! :scared2:
WobbleGator
Gatorsports Legend

Postby gatormandan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am

Our defense will win this game for us. They havent faced anything nearly as good as us and we should be able to create a few turnovers that will lead to scores. I dont see a high scoring game, but I do see us winning this game. I sure hope Pease doesnt go to Ky.
gatormandan
True Gator

Postby OldGatorAlum » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Kurtis Lowe wrote:Simply put, if we don't turn the ball over, yes.

Our defense will be the best those clowns have seen all year.

Play smart and let our defense make the momentum shift.

Exactly

We've beaten 2 top ten teams and should have beaten another. Take care of the ball and pretty sure we can beat an overrated FSU team, even on the road.
OldGatorAlum
Freshman Gator

Postby StreetFightingGator » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm always confident playing at Ron Zook Field. We have a 3-1 record there over our past 4 trips.
StreetFightingGator
Heisman Gator

Postby Gouryella » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:32 pm

Biggest game for coach boom. It is a must win. He cannot and will not go 0-4 vs our two biggest rivals. That would not be good at all. Yes I would have doubts if he loses.
Gouryella
Heisman Gator

Postby Okeechobee Joe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Maybe I've been around too long, but if we were winless going into the FSU game I wouldn't be asking if we could beat FSU.
Okeechobee Joe
Heisman Gator

Next

Return to Gatorsports Forum